watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i am liking karagou

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 01, 2013, 03:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Again today he was all over the place. Great committment for a 35 year old. Good team man as well, geeing up the other lads.

RidgeRider

didn't see the whole match, but like many of he players we slay early on, he is quite active and has an understanding of what we are trying to do. Good stop gap till we get he right player in to take us forward.

Holders

I can't see why people were so unsure at first. He's a class act. Oh to have had him 10 years ago!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

He talks to the referee more than his team mates. I do really like him, though. He's the closest thing we have to Danny Murphy and he runs non-stop.

sunburywhite

He was plaiying very much in the Murphy role today which I think helped make a difference. He was dropping deep to pick up the ball so was a willing outlet for all players, he was then movingthe ball forward instead of sideways or backwards. All in all he was very good today, probably made the difference.

Also noticable that we we palying with a flat midfield especiually in the first half, ala Roy
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jambo

Has done well, uses his experience to his advantage.  Would have loved to have him 5 years ago
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Beefy

Really liking Karagounis as well. A great player and a great man.

Julius Geezer

Considering what he's achieved in his career and signing for us for a season, he could of come in, collected his pay packet and just drifted through the background without getting his hands dirty.

Instead he's fighting for us and right in the thick of things.

Top professional.

CanadianCottager

Brilliant little motor in the midfield, he and Sidwell are a brilliant, all-action duo

DukeTyrion

I don't like him at all.

Seems to spend half the game falling over and moaning at the referee when he has hardly been touched.

Needs to stay on his feet a bit more and stop acting like such a wuss.

WolverineFFC

The FFC midfield needed that badly. It also allows Sidwell to do what he does best, which is run box to box chasing the ball trying to regain possession.

NogoodBoyo

Tyrion, you're right about the falling over, acting and moaning, but that doesn't detract from the fact (well view) that he is very influential in both moving the ball forward and in breaking up opponents' attacks.
A great stop-gap signing.
Nogood "leave the Ancient Greek alone, isit" Boyo

Holders

He's out of the Mullery/Murphy mould. Now we just need a long-term signing of that kind.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Enter the Frei

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 01, 2013, 03:13:09 PM
didn't see the whole match, but like many of he players we slay early on, he is quite active and has an understanding of what we are trying to do. Good stop gap till we get he right player in to take us forward.

Completely agree with this, not the man for the future but he's proving to be a classy stop gap until we can get the right man.

ffc73

He has the 1-year deal that Murphy declined and it is a shame that with all his experience in the problem central midfield role he was not used more before now

Lets not get carried away though. He is 35 and cannot finish 90 minutes. Just like Danny and we having been saying we need a replacement for the 'Danny' role for a while now. Jol should be looking at this as a priority in January and not be talked into waiting until the summer now the Greek has put in a couple of good performances.

alfie

Quote from: DukeTyrion on January 01, 2013, 03:47:17 PM
I don't like him at all.

Seems to spend half the game falling over and moaning at the referee when he has hardly been touched.

Needs to stay on his feet a bit more and stop acting like such a wuss.

All i can say is...well i cannot think of anything to say of this statement except  wow
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

Bit dramatic most of the time but its fun to watch. Tidy little player though, made some good tackles today and his passes were generally good. Love his passion.

SP

I still can't understand why Jol didn't play him against QPR, our lack of a midfield that day was clear for all to see.

Lighthouse

He wins free kicks just like Dempsey did. Breaks up play and is anuisance and today found space. He and the excellent Sidwell are doing well together.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Enter the Frei

He's always very aware defensively as well, very good at filling in for our full backs when we go forwards.