more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Wigan matchday thread

Started by Burt, January 12, 2013, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Hardly convincing is it?

Ruiz keeps giving the ball away and Petric must have touched the ball no more than 5 times. Very nervy still as we are likely to concede so somehow need to get another goal.

Lovely goal but when will we score a sloppy one?

Still plenty of questions and few answers in that first half. Hope we step it up and Wigan stop playing the neat football.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Mixed feelings though mostly good. We've missed the defensive midfielder at times, with our midfield pairing leaving our defence vulnerable. I think if we could sign a quick centre back to partner Hughes or Hangeland we'd be able to play a much more attacking strategy, as it stands both are too slow to handle the lack of protection.

Offensively we've looked good in the approach play, I feel we could turn them over potentially. Petric has surprised me today, working much harder than he has done before and his link up play has been top notch. If we can get Berba and Duff more into the game we'll score again.

We need to score again soon.

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2013, 03:52:48 PM
Hardly convincing is it?

Ruiz keeps giving the ball away and Petric must have touched the ball no more than 5 times. Very nervy still as we are likely to concede so somehow need to get another goal.

Still plenty of questions and few answers in that first half. Hope we step it up and Wigan stop playing the neat football.

Fingers crossed, we're nearly always better in the 2nd half of games.

elgreenio

Richardson been perfectly fine minus one touch and clearance (anybody is capable of miss-hitting a free kick). More worried by the midfield, Kaca has forgotten how to beat his man, Duff looks rusty as you'd expect and we've nullified Ruiz by dropping him into the centre. Dejagah for Duff please
touch my camera through the fence

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2013, 03:52:48 PM
Hardly convincing is it?

Petric has played really well and certainly has touched the ball far more than 5 times. Agree about Ruiz, he's not used to playing so deep, he's taking too many risks inside his own half. It's understandable though, that's just his game.

Count Berbatov

Richardson is an absolute waste of space. Awful at pretty much everything. From first touch and decision making to the final pass.
Duff has an off day. Petric, you can tell misses playing time.
Ruiz and Berba, different class. Good link up. Their skill level is above anyone else in the pitch. Orgasmic to watch them play.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Mr_Moon

Plan of action for 2nd half

1) Score
2) Bring on Baird for balance
3) ?????????
4) WIN

bill taylors apprentice

Oh boy! If we keep giving the ball away like we do we are going to get stuffed.
We have enough players out there capable of making the ball do the work, why do we make it so hard for ourselves?

St Eve

Well we need a second goal quickly. Duff and Petric have been quiet. Richardson fails to impress again

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 12, 2013, 03:57:45 PM

1) Score
3) ?????????
4) WIN

3) take off Richardson. Put on whoever else. Calm the ball down
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

JIMMY D

We look like we could be down by 2 goals at the half. But still we are 1 up. No shots from Ruiz!

Bassey the warrior

Richardson's doing okay, no worse than Briggs or Riise.

Snibbo

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 12, 2013, 03:56:19 PM
Richardson is an absolute waste of space. Awful at pretty much everything. From first touch and decision making to the final pass.
Ruiz and Berba, different class. Good link up. Their skill level is above anyone else in the pitch. Orgasmic to watch them play.
Funny, (based on a dodgy stream admittedly) but I thought Richardson has done ok. Looks confident and up for it.

Enter the Frei

to be honest ideal scenario is Ruiz looks at home in centre midfield because it would then allow us to play our two best players and a proper number 9 so to speak. It's not been perfect so far, Ruiz looks far too weak to play in there and looks a bit lost positionally. Needs to be a bit more sensible in our own half but it's got some potential to work.

But if it's not working I hope Jol doesn't hesitate to change it if we need more stability in central midfield in the second half.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 12, 2013, 03:57:45 PM

1) Score
3) ?????????
4) WIN

Who would you take off for Baird?

elgreenio

bit of some rose tinted specs there? Ruiz has been caught in possession a bit and Berba hasn't exactly set the place alight today. Will always be those who can do nothing wrong I guess. Ruiz 3 unsuccessful dribbles and 5 failed passes.
touch my camera through the fence

Bassey the warrior

For me Petric has done reasonably well, linked play really well, just needs to get in the box more often.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: The Moose on January 12, 2013, 04:02:51 PM

Who would you take off for Baird?

Petric/Berba and then move Ruiz forward.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: elgreenio on January 12, 2013, 04:03:07 PM

bit of some rose tinted specs there? Ruiz has been caught in possession a bit and Berba hasn't exactly set the place alight today. Will always be those who can do nothing wrong I guess

I didn't say Brian did no wrong. But his skills are there to see.
Berba did no wrong indeed