watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Wigan matchday thread

Started by Burt, January 12, 2013, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersimmo123

What we need in Jan: GK, CB, CM x2, LM, RM, ST.

What we will get: Under 18 nipper, CM Who is away at the African Cup of Nations.

Ridiculous, I understand the financial situation but surely if we continue like this then we are in danger of losing £60 mil TV rights next season?

Is Jol the right man in all seriousness?

Black, White and Fred

Poor showing today, but started brightly. 12 fouls 1 yellow, no protection today...  WE ARE HEADING FOR TROUBLE!
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

St Eve

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 12, 2013, 05:00:43 PM
awful second half, Riether for their goal has to do better and get tighter to Di Santo. Berbs went missing today, Ruiz was wasteful in possession and it didn't work with him in centre midfield at all.

One bright point was Richardson, much better today and was one of the better performances we've had from a left back this season.
Richardson was no worse than anyone today but he is not a long term option

bill taylors apprentice

Do we have a team that has not got good enough players? I don't think so.
Do we suffer from lacking a couple of good players in vital positions? Yes.
Is that a valid excuse for the poor performances of late? No.
Poor attitude. Poor effort. Poor decision making. Poor skill level. Poor tactics. Poor team work. Poor camaraderie. Poor concentration.
POOR TEAM.
                      :046:

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: itombomb on January 12, 2013, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: The Moose on January 12, 2013, 05:02:03 PM
If there's a bright side I thought Richardson looked pretty good at left back and Karagounis was a beast out there. He did what Dembele used to do, make lots of runs from deep to drive us forward.
He was nowhere without the ball though, consistently out of position with Ruiz, leaving huge amounts of space between midfield and defences.

That's because he isn't a defensive midfielder. His driving runs were key to all of our attacks.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on January 12, 2013, 05:06:51 PM
Off the line clearance?? Can someone tell me about it? I didn't see

We were poo. That's all you need to know.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on January 12, 2013, 05:06:51 PM
Off the line clearance?? Can someone tell me about it? I didn't see

Ruiz had a shot and Figueroa made an amazing clearance with a diving header.

Lighthouse

Same old same old. People who keep telling me what great players Ruiz and Berbatov are need to understand that surround Gold with rubbish even gold looks like rubbish after a time.

Still all this was preventable but the club decided to keep the dosh and rely on tomorrow.

So today we have a poor side and a poor manager who has no idea what to do with them.

It has been a long time that in so many games Fulham just haven't turned up.

This isn't Fulham with spirit but a pale washed out pretender. No longer worthy of a place in the Prem on the play we have had to watch for most of the season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Black, White and Fred

Oh did like Richardson at LB, best we have seen from him
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

St Eve

Quote from: Snibbo on January 12, 2013, 05:05:17 PM
Yes, Richardson the only bright spot. Looked pretty good at LB.
Schwarzer some good saves, but continues to consistently punt the ball straight to the opposition.
Hughes ok but muscled off the ball a few times and could have cost us.
Hangers is a shadow of his former self.
Rodders did nothing right in his short appearance.
Schwarzer some good saves, but continues to consistently punt the ball straight to the opposition.
Baird continued his crap form.
Duff and Riether seemed to forget how to combine.
Berb did little
Ruiz lost the ball far too often.
Kara ok in patches.
Kaca not ready for the first team.
Berb did little
Kara ok in patches.
Berb did little
Kara ok in patches.
Richardson is not good enough, Kaca should be in the starting 11 every week, Schwarzer is still out first choice, Kara was good, Duff and Rodders were terrible, Berb was asleep, Ruiz was out of position, Reither, H and H were solid

mangoputney

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2013, 05:10:42 PM
Same old same old. People who keep telling me what great players Ruiz and Berbatov are need to understand that surround Gold with rubbish even gold looks like rubbish after a time.

Still all this was preventable but the club decided to keep the dosh and rely on tomorrow.

So today we have a poor side and a poor manager who has no idea what to do with them.

It has been a long time that in so many games Fulham just haven't turned up.

This isn't Fulham with spirit but a pale washed out pretender. No longer worthy of a place in the Prem on the play we have had to watch for most of the season.

+ 1

the gamble aint gonna pay off, gonna lose a massive chunk of prem money, have a threadbare squad and a building site that we'll struggle to fill
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

ElissonSnygg

Karagounis our best player by miles.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

theotherdembele

Riether was excellent, Ruiz should never be a CM just let Di Santo go passed him, Berba worst game i've seen from him in a fulham shirt, richardson not good enough and hangeland just hasn't been at it all season.

This is the worst Fulham team i've seen in a long time, no spirit, no passion and a bunch of has-beens.

Bedford White

Games like today's should be bread and butter for Fulham. It seems that we no longer have the ability to dictate play to even the lowliest of opposition. Our failur to take all 3 points in this match and those against Reading, Southampton, QPR will be our downfall this season. It's hard to retain any degree of optimism while having to endure 90 minutes of tripe each week.

Time for a serious re think Mr Jol

ron

Just got back from the game . I'm bitterly disappointed with the performance of Berbatov, who seemed to be sulking for the whole game. I'm even more disappointed with the lack of movement when we had the ball throughout. For my money Richardson had his best game for us in that unusual position, and beyond that and a few touches from Karagounis there was little to warm a chill afternoon.

There was a spell midway into the second half when we couldn't get anywhere near the ball and were running around like headless chickens with Wigan dictating the play without trying.  Possibly a result of a dressing room dispute during half time, or the issuance of tactical instructions that just weren't understood?

With the crowd giving the quality of play the bird, and droves of supporters leaving before the final whistle with MAF in attendance I wonder just how long MJ has got to turn this nose dive in fortunes   around? I would not be surprised to see that MAFs patience has worn thin, and a major development in the coming week.

St Eve

Quote from: ron on January 12, 2013, 07:45:44 PM
Just got back from the game . I'm bitterly disappointed with the performance of Berbatov, who seemed to be sulking for the whole game. I'm even more disappointed with the lack of movement when we had the ball throughout. For my money Richardson had his best game for us in that unusual position, and beyond that and a few touches from Karagounis there was little to warm a chill afternoon.

There was a spell midway into the second half when we couldn't get anywhere near the ball and were running around like headless chickens with Wigan dictating the play without trying.  Possibly a result of a dressing room dispute during half time, or the issuance of tactical instructions that just weren't understood?

With the crowd giving the quality of play the bird, and droves of supporters leaving before the final whistle with MAF in attendance I wonder just how long MJ has got to turn this nose dive in fortunes   around? I would not be surprised to see that MAFs patience has worn thin, and a major development in the coming week.
If you are intimating that jol will be sacked not a hope. He needs to spend the 15 million we got from D & D to improve the squad

ron

Certainly the lack of Ray Lewington in the background to pick up the pieces strengthens MJs position, but then as I've mentioned in another thread, it may well be the absence of Lew that is being noticed in the lack of teamwork or understanding on the pitch......

...or by way of complete speculation, a breakdown in the dressing room spirit in the same style as the alleged problems when a certain Zamora was with us.

MJG

First time today I got the feeling something is wrong in the dressingroom. Can't put my finger on it, but whenever I see a team play like we did in the last 30 mins you can tell something is not right.
Seen it before in the dark days, team with no spirit or passion.

cebu

I don't know if anyone else took the time to watch QPR v Spurs, but you could see the home team was technically inferior to Spurs, but they were well organized and very committed - and they got the result they were aiming for.

I'd like to see that level of commitment return to our team - the 2 previous managers were able to get it most of the time. I hope Jol can take a leaf out of Hodgson's book (I'm not suggesting a return to the Hodgson style of play) and get the squad up for it on a regular basis, not just once in a while.

Rudolph

Quote from: St Eve on January 12, 2013, 05:13:46 PM
Berb did little
Kara ok in patches.
Berb did little
Kara ok in patches.
Berb did little
Kara ok in patches.
Richardson is not good enough, Kaca should be in the starting 11 every week, Schwarzer is still out first choice, Kara was good, Duff and Rodders were terrible, Berb was asleep, Ruiz was out of position, Reither, H and H were solid

Did you actually go the game?  Richardson did well, Hughes was not solid and was bundled off the ball on a few occasions, Kaca offered nothing and Dejagah created more when called upon.  Your other points are hard to argue though.