more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry for the offense...

Started by McBridefan1, January 16, 2013, 02:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBridefan1

Mr. Ska,
I don't mean to suggest you were wrong to pull my thread if so many were insulted. But I truely am hurt, as I have been posting for a long time, you would think people know I am not an insensative arsehole and was just making a way to talk about today's events. I'm sorry, I really wasn't trying to be insulting, or even calous in any way. It was just the first three news stories today were the snow in my area, the helicopter crash and the grounding of Boeing's dream liner...  I was just thinking to myself that all three stories were about things falling out of the sky, so I made it a weather report... I guess I didn't realize it could be taken in such hurtful way. Again I appologize. Keep calm and carry on... without me. There is definitely a cultural divide that I can't seem to bridge. Take care, and god bless. I'll take the red... 096.gig

mr-ska

No problem Mcbride1..  all put behind us now..

Continue to post and enjoy Fof.. surely its not a reason to leave.  were all different on this board..  thats what makes it work.

It would be a shame if you decided to quit.

The Equalizer

MBF1 - no need to go leaving us mate. We all make mistakes, it's just that one was a bit too much so soon after an event in which people died.

I always enjoy reading your posts, so please keep on doing it!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Berserker

Please don't leave us Mr McBridefan.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Slaphead in Qatar

Mcbridefan causing mayhem again tut tut tut tut tut............

JBH

You have been man enough to realise what you said was in bad taste and have apologised.

No need to leave just yet

Burt

Hang on in there dude, no need to pack your bags!

ToodlesMcToot

I didnt have the chance to read the post, but sounds like simple miscommunication....And a bit of overreaction. Hope that you don't let something like that run you off McBrideFan.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

epsomraver

As you didn't read it best not to comment eh? It was not over reaction to a unfunny joke about an event this morning in london in which people died and more could, having said that Mac has been posting a long long time, he has made no excuses, apologized and we all move on, there is no reason for him to stop posting at all.

Lighthouse

Jokes happen seconds after a tragedy. So there is no reason to over react to the post. The Mods dealt with it and McBridefan1 said sorry. Not sure the loss of McBridefan1 can be allowed. So as one of the few posters who is mad enough to understand my posts please take a rest but return soon.

We miss Blingo ( the arguments and laughs in one post) Fat Fred (the off the wall and bad taste sausages) and if McBridefan1 (the surreal posts) feels uncomfortable here, we are missing too much entertainment. Never happened before Jol became manager. Too many mates have to go don't leave if you can stay.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on January 16, 2013, 04:56:26 PM
As you didn't read it best not to comment eh? It was not over reaction to a unfunny joke about an event this morning in london in which people died and more could, having said that Mac has been posting a long long time, he has made no excuses, apologized and we all move on, there is no reason for him to stop posting at all.

Spot on Epsomraver, I didn't see his post so won't comment on it, all I will say is normally I'm travelling to Vauxhall Station at about the time the helicopter came down, so probably a bit nearer to home for me and maybe a bit more sensitive about it than most,

jarv

I recall when I had my knuckles rapped and felt really hurt by it. I thought....WOW, what did I do? I was trying to be funny. However, after an exchange of PMs with the mod in question, I saw things slightly differentl. All was resolved very quickly. Stick around.

filham

Please come back MBF1, you are needed. It would be so boring if we were all the same and no one ever put a foot wrong.

FC Silver Fox

Get your butt back on here, McBF1. We've blown enough sunshine up your jacksie.
No?  Well, I'd be very sorry to see you go too.  Right that's it. I'll help pick up your toys and toss them back in the pram. Deal?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: epsomraver on January 16, 2013, 04:56:26 PM

I was commenting on what I did read, something I feel quite comfortable doing. Thank you.

HatterDon

Don't leave, MBF#1. I don't want to be the only rude, insensitive, outspoken, weird, and opinionated Yank on the website. I can't handle that kind of pressure.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

"I didn't have the chance to read the post, but sounds like simple miscommunication....And a bit of overreaction."

"I was commenting on what I did read, something I feel quite comfortable doing. Thank you. "

Doodles stop digging mate the hole is getting bigger, I am sure Mr Mac can fight his own corner, he has apologised, let's not atagonise people further by a defence of the indefencable by someone who has no knowledge of what the post said eh?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: McBridefan1 on January 16, 2013, 02:50:17 PM
Mr. Ska,
I don't mean to suggest you were wrong to pull my thread if so many were insulted. But I truely am hurt, as I have been posting for a long time, you would think people know I am not an insensative arsehole and was just making a way to talk about today's events. I'm sorry, I really wasn't trying to be insulting, or even calous in any way. It was just the first three news stories today were the snow in my area, the helicopter crash and the grounding of Boeing's dream liner...  I was just thinking to myself that all three stories were about things falling out of the sky, so I made it a weather report... I guess I didn't realize it could be taken in such hurtful way. Again I appologize. Keep calm and carry on... without me. There is definitely a cultural divide that I can't seem to bridge. Take care, and god bless. I'll take the red... 096.gig

and to add insult to injury, you can't even spell offence properly...

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: epsomraver on January 16, 2013, 08:36:05 PM
"I didn't have the chance to read the post, but sounds like simple miscommunication....And a bit of overreaction."

"I was commenting on what I did read, something I feel quite comfortable doing. Thank you. "

Doodles stop digging mate the hole is getting bigger, I am sure Mr Mac can fight his own corner, he has apologised, let's not atagonise people further by a defence of the indefencable by someone who has no knowledge of what the post said eh?

Both those statements are still accurate. I still don't have any problem with either of them. You seem to believe you know more than you do.

I'm not fighting for anyone. McBride fan doesn't need any defending. He's apologized as we all, at least those who've read this thread, know.