watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol out - my theory

Started by Rudolph, January 24, 2013, 06:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

It has to be said that there are a very vocal few on here who don't believe in our manager's ability, some based on the run of games recently, but most have had it in for him since the off.  When asked who the alternatives are, there is a consistent theme.  Lee Clark, Nigel Adkins, even old sparky was said to be a better manager.

It's my belief that the dislike is based on nothing more than xenophobia.  He'll never be able to do right for some and that just the way it's going to be.

TonyGilroy

Yup - we're all anti Dutch.

No Dutch manager will be acceptable to us even if he manages to win twice in fifteen games.

sunburywhite

Or Welsh, or French
We need an English Manager like Sanchez (born in Lambeth)

He could be a Martian (Jol) for all I care - just win some bloody matches

Simples
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

nose

I like gus poyet and the reason i have not been a 'Jol fan' are for mainly objective reasons.

I don't think xenophobia is the reason people critisise, results and performances are what counts.

Chesh

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 24, 2013, 06:55:58 PM

even if he manages to win twice in fifteen games.

This is just the short termism view that gets managers sacked at the wrong time.

Yes, we've had a bad spell over those 15 games, but personally I see Jol getting us out of that bad spell.

Not sure if your statement was meant to indicate you were against Jol, or was just tongue in cheek, but if the former, be careful what you wish for.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

God The Mechanic

Nearly half a season isn't short term...

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Chesh on January 24, 2013, 07:09:02 PM

even if he manages to win twice in fifteen games.

This is just the short termism view that gets managers sacked at the wrong time.

Yes, we've had a bad spell over those 15 games, but personally I see Jol getting us out of that bad spell.

Not sure if your statement was meant to indicate you were against Jol, or was just tongue in cheek, but if the former, be careful what you wish for.

I hope you're right but I fear you're not.

I'm not against any Fulham manager who succeeds and I can sympathise with those that don't but I have a very bad feeling about Jol's management right now.

It doesn't seem to me that he's in control and knows what to do. Hopefully I'm wrong.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on January 24, 2013, 06:50:43 PM
It has to be said that there are a very vocal few on here who don't believe in our manager's ability, some based on the run of games recently, but most have had it in for him since the off.  When asked who the alternatives are, there is a consistent theme.  Lee Clark, Nigel Adkins, even old sparky was said to be a better manager.

It's my belief that the dislike is based on nothing more than xenophobia.  He'll never be able to do right for some and that just the way it's going to be.
That has got to be the worst defence of Jol on here, shows you have run out of ideas so you insult peoples intelligence

YankeeJim

It hasn't been that long ago we were in the top six, scoring at will and Jol was a genius. We are Diarra's fitness from being that same team. Has anyone in the league had as many injuries to key people as we have? The year we got to the Europa final, not one of our top people were out for any long spell. The team will come good yet again.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Chesh

[/quote]
'It doesn't seem to me that he's in control and knows what to do'
[/quote]

Fair enough - my view having listened to him intently in most of the interviews (not saying you haven't) is that he too sees all the things most of us recognise, and just needs a few things to come together (especially in terms of signings he knows we need) to put it right.

I think the likes of me are a bit more patient than some, and can see that it is not an overnight thing.

You fear I am wrong, but experience of our time in the Prem gives me the expectation that we will do better than at least 3 teams this season (quite comfortably in the end) and just like in 2008, it will make Jol and the team stronger.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

leonffc

Yup - we're all anti Dutch.

No Dutch manager will be acceptable to us even if he manages to win twice in fifteen games.

Dutch?! Oh, I thought he was Swiss like Senderos. In that case, Jol in!!

Xenophobia aside, I don't dislike Jol but he needs to pull his finger out sharpish. I raised my concerns after Norwich away last year and although we started well this year, the team have been woeful of late and unfortunately the buck stops with him!

Deanothefulhamfan

I feel Jol has lost the dressing room, we are playing poor football with very little attacking intent, he is too scared to drop players and continues to play people who are out of form. We are a poor predictable sde, and Jol has no answers..... its for these reasons I want Jol out.

I am hopeful that he prooves me wrong, brings in some decent players and gets us playing football which is enjoyable to watch, because I want stability in our Manager, like Everton have wth Moyes.... I just dont feel Jol is thrle long term man

alexbishop

I kinda feel like this topic is going a bit far :/ maybe it's just me. Xenophobia? That's a big thing to accuse people of...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Classic94

Sure, nothing to do with our performances over the last 4 months. Get a grip.

A Humble Man

For most of the period of the 15 games Jol has always had at least four of players he would have played injured.  We have a virtually fully fit squad now let us see what happens.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Artful Dodger

How many people would still want Jol if we were bottom of the league after 15 games, which is where we would pretty much be? I don't remember Sanchez getting this much slack and he had Mcbride and Bullard out but that didn't buy him any time.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

JackyFulham90

Jol is the man to take us forward we turned it around last season & we will again

LBNo11

...people don't like Jol because they are xenaphobic! I have never read such twaddle, frankly embarrassing.

I don't care if he was martian like Sanchez as long as he gets the team playing like a cohesive unit and we win more games than we lose by actually taking shots on goal!

Ye gods..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

There are several Dutch managers I'd like to see at Motspur Park instead of Jol.

Ruud Gullit
Guus Hiddink
Johann Cruyff
Louis van Gaal, and of course

Alan Curbishly  :Get Coat gif:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jem

Quote from: HatterDon on January 24, 2013, 08:43:52 PM
There are several Dutch managers I'd like to see at Motspur Park instead of Jol.

Ruud Gullit
Guus Hiddink
Johann Cruyff
Louis van Gaal, and of course

Alan Curbishly  :Get Coat gif:
You know, that is my greatest fear. It would be so Fulhamish after so many clubs have rejected Curbishley, for us to get him.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx