more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - Jol contract extension

Started by FFC1987, January 25, 2013, 10:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: nickmuir on January 25, 2013, 03:05:06 PM
Most of you jol haters why don't you stfu for once and talk about the team not just the manerger

I can tell you most of the hammy end still wants him in

But not all down to the manerger I don't see you bitching about the players

If the best contribution you have is to tell those you don't agree with to "stfu", then you should follow your own advice.

If you've got a point to make about the players' responsibility, make it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cottage cheese

Most of you jol haters why don't you stfu for once and talk about the team not just the manerger

how old are you? Who uses stfu these days apart from kids? If you have an opinion I suggest you use proper words.

MJG

that's nice, how about joining in a debate instead of telling people to do one.

CH FFC

Some very good points in this thread, and I think the most important thing to note is that we are all Fulham Fans.  I can agree with every point in this thread.....almost!
I do not agree that Jol is ruining the club, and I do not believe that everything wrong at the club to date is Jol's fault.  That is just silly!

I do agree that there is definitely something not right happening at the club, but I am unable to point a finger at one person and say "that is the culprit".

In my humble opinion, Jol is a good manager, and however much I personally think he can do the job...the fact may very well be that he is the wrong man for Fulham.  Fulham definitely need someone who can bring the best out of journeyman players.
The fact is that in the past the team played more industrious, and Jol is trying to bring in a more attractive and fluid style of play. (Which I can appreciate!)
Perhaps with the boards constraints we will never be able to have that type of team, and I for one find it sad.
I had really hoped that Jol would be able to come in and improve the level of play, and add some new dimensions to the team.  

epsomraver

Then let me  ask an open question, do you think  Dempsey would have stayed at Fulham if we had still got Hughes or Woy in charge?

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

epsomraver

Riverside

A) No . He understandably wanted to
1) make his last long term contract as lucrative as possible
2) play for a bigger club
So a different manager would not have changed that

B) Yes as under the managers before Jol he was not nearly as good and did not score nearly as many goals so another bigger club may not have been interested let alone pay him more

Berserker

Well i'm not particlarly a Jol lover, and mentioned this to my West Ham supporting work collegue. He said Jol was a good manager but we just had bad players. I really hope we beat them!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ToodlesMcToot

I don't believe Dempsey would've stayed, no matter the manager.

If the board had offered the kind of deal (length, $'s) that he wanted (if indeed there were ever such conversations), then I believe the manager might've come into play in a limited way.

New contract situation, as Clint may have wanted it, aside, he has always been confident enough to believe he could fit in with a team that could compete each year for a Champs Lge position. I think that if the right position presented itself - and it eventually did - he always would've pushed his way toward the door, both as a personal challenge and as a negotiating tactic to ensure Fulham offered enough to make it worthwhile for him to stay (family comfort is always a consideration).

Long story short, I don't think manager was a huge sticking point in any negotiation with Clint. We were looking for the same type managers he was interested in playing for IMHO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude