more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - Jol contract extension

Started by FFC1987, January 25, 2013, 10:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamMic

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 25, 2013, 12:17:55 PM
Whats teh face slap for? it hasn't been agreed they would extend it and they officially have no. He said the club were wanting to and not that they had.

As quoted from November

"Fulham want to activate the extra year and I'm happy for them to do that. We talk to each other every day and maybe a month ago the decision was made. An option is an option and they did that. I'm quite happy here."

The extension was triggered by Fulham before this quote was made. The face-palm was for lazy journalism and the fact people were celebrating this as though it was new news yet was on the official site back in November.

Oakeshott

Whether or not the Club offered Jol an extension late last year seems to me to be largely irrelevant to the chance of him being sacked this season.

On his record to date, if MAF senses we are at serious risk of relegation, the manager will be out - as with both Cookie and Lawrie S.

Like Epsomraver, I hope every day to find that this incompetent and destructive manager has gone.

epsomraver

077.gif
Quote from: Oakeshott on January 25, 2013, 12:56:09 PM
Whether or not the Club offered Jol an extension late last year seems to me to be largely irrelevant to the chance of him being sacked this season.

On his record to date, if MAF senses we are at serious risk of relegation, the manager will be out - as with both Cookie and Lawrie S.

Like Epsomraver, I hope every day to find that this incompetent and destructive manager has gone.
:047:

whiteinedinburgh

Geez! Have a little faith!

In Jol I Trust!

BestOfBrede

Why oh why can't we have 1 thread for the Jol Out brigade and 1 thread for his supporters, instead of everytime someone posts something positive and supportive it is ambushed by the negative!?  :doh:

ffcbulgaria

lol i just had a dream last night he signed for 4 more years... still interesting coincidence but one will do for now :D

LBNo11

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 25, 2013, 01:12:39 PM
Why oh why can't we have 1 thread for the Jol Out brigade and 1 thread for his supporters, instead of everytime someone posts something positive and supportive it is ambushed by the negative!?  :doh:

...totally agree, and conversely let's have a negative thread about Jol that is not ambushed by the positive Jol is doing a splendid job brigade. Let's stifle debate and revert to having our own little utopian enclaves and revert to name-calling those whose views differ from our own..! :doh:  fp.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 25, 2013, 01:41:12 PM

...totally agree, and conversely let's have a negative thread about Jol that is not ambushed by the positive Jol is doing a splendid job brigade. Let's stifle debate and revert to having our own little utopian enclaves and revert to name-calling those whose views differ from our own..! :doh:  fp.gif

You have the power. Make it so.

BestOfBrede

I wouldn't mind but it's the same people saying exactly the same thing time and time again!
Jol is staying, for now, so there's not much point!
:dead horse:

ToodlesMcToot

I don't get Fulham's communications policy. Very strange.

They let Jol break the news that his option has been trigger in one of his pre-match interviews with Sarah Brooks. And it was just a sort of off the cuff "oh by the way" kind of thing.

I don't recall any of the kids they've signed getting their day in the sun (picture on the official site holding their new kit).

Now weeks after Jol states that his extension has been triggered, the club decide that they need to announce it.

Just weird to me.

Don't get me wrong. I love some of the things they have been doing. Jol's video interviews are a great addition. Just their news announcement policy doesn't seem very well thought out.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

LBNo11

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 25, 2013, 01:50:16 PM

I wouldn't mind but it's the same people saying exactly the same thing time and time again!

...yes, it is the same people saying the same thing - it is called differences of opinion. Whatever has been said on this or any other website will never influence the chairman/CEO/board so whatever has been decided we are stuck with - the real point it is the pro-Jol supporters  will use this decision as proof that their opinions are right; well either way, and whatever the consequences, there always will be people crowing about how they were right and the others were wrong - personally I am a Fulham supporter who is concerned about how we are playing and recognises that a sea-change must happen.

Those who say we won't be relegated should have nothing to worry about and need not have to convince the doubters (sorry - haterz) they can just bask in the secure knowledge that they will be proven right...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

That's what debate and a forum is for, If I say Jol is kiling the club I love , then you should not come on my thread and say he isn't, is that what you want? look at the results and all that is happening and I can show you an argument for my thoughts, give me an argument not based on history at Spurs and abroad and I will consider your reasoning.

HatterDon

I'm kind of smiling at the thought that people believe that a contract extension means either:

a. The club is happy with Jol's performance / Jol is happy with the support he's getting from the board OR

b. Jol will stay with the club at least until that extension is complete.

EVERY manager that's fired has time left on his contract. And managers who want to move on despite their contract situation generally make that move as well. If this contract extension means anything, it means that both parties are taking a little longer to find better situations. Jol will be leaving us some day, whether we finish 18th or 8th this season. Contracts mean NOTHING.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BestOfBrede

Quote from: epsomraver on January 25, 2013, 02:04:50 PM

Why oh why can't we have 1 thread for the Jol Out brigade and 1 thread for his supporters, instead of everytime someone posts something positive and supportive it is ambushed by the negative!?  :doh:

...totally agree, and conversely let's have a negative thread about Jol that is not ambushed by the positive Jol is doing a splendid job brigade. Let's stifle debate and revert to having our own little utopian enclaves and revert to name-calling those whose views differ from our own..! :doh:  fp.gif

That's what debate and a forum is for, If I say Jol is kiling the club I love , then you should not come on my thread and say he isn't, is that what you want? look at the results and all that is happening and I can show you an argument for my thoughts, give me an argument not based on history at Spurs and abroad and I will consider your reasoning.
From my point of view Jol has brought in some good players and without any real money being available to him. The club and circumstances have put him and us in this position not him. He didn't (I doubt) take the job in the knowledge that we would sell our best players, not offer reasonable contracts or money etc etc. I believe he will turn us around we just need to be patient - this year was always going to be difficult (transition pd) and especially with the loss of the main part of team. It is a real upset as we were only 2 or 3 away from stepping up and we are all suffering becuase of this is what we all expected to happen after the last few years. But to blame Jol for this massive cahnge is unfair imo. I can't see that chaning the manager now will benefit us and may even put us in more jeopardy.  

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: epsomraver on January 25, 2013, 02:04:50 PM

There is no on field argument to counter what you've said - at least not one of much strength.

The only real retort is this announcement that he's been re-signed. Only Jol and the board understand the true constraints within which he's been required to operate. It seems obvious with this "official" announcement that all knew there were going to be little to no funds to spend in the last two windows, despite the money that came in resulting from the sale of the Dems. I guess that everyone is willing to tread water this season and hope the results come with the squad we have and what we can get on the cheap, and then wait for the major re-tooling that is coming in the new season. It appears that the board have decided that Jol is the man for that job as well.

If we're relegated as a result, it'll all be on Jol's head. But the board will have had just as much of a hand in it as anyone. They have this club walking on the edge of a cliff at the moment, I fear.

ToodlesMcToot

Of course, Jol and the board could be just stuck with each other at the moment as well.

cottage cheese

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 25, 2013, 02:25:31 PM
Of course, Jol and the board could be just stuck with each other at the moment as well.

exactly how I feel. With Jol being able to walk next year for free potentially, you cant help but think are the board going to really back him this window and the summer one? Why would they knowing that Jol has less than a year to go by August?

Something just does not feel right at this club at the moment. I cant help but think this is the calm before a storm in our sense

FFC1987

Sorry for making a thread that's trying to be positive and was openly acknowledged by the club. The whole face palm because news FROM THE CLUB and not an off the cuff comment in a Sarah Brooks interview, made it all seem far more real so yes, I'm justied in saying its 'news' as the club confirmed it today.

Saying Jol is killing this club is fair enough and an argument that I strongly disagree with but its your opinion so you're welcome to it. I'm really happy that we aren't chopping and changing again. Bring on stability.

Slaphead in Qatar

Good news this about jol extending. But i am worried about his continuous statements about difficulty in recruiting new players. Definately seems as though the club is sending a strong warning to fans that we will not be buying much in this window.

nickmuir

Most of you jol haters why don't you stfu for once and talk about the team not just the manerger

I can tell you most of the hammy end still wants him in

But not all down to the manerger I don't see you bitching about the players