watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for next season; just for fun

Started by Ordar, January 26, 2013, 08:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

So presuming we stay up, what would you (realistically) like to see as our team for next year?

Obviously depends on the formation we want to play going forward.

-----------butland/Stekelenberg------
Reither---Douglas---Hangeland---Richardson
------------Frimpong--Sidwell-----------
-------Ruiz-------Berbatov----Chadli----
----------------Mbokani/Lukaku-----------

Jol was trying to implement a system like this at the start of the season so thought I'd stick with it. With Frimpong and Sidwell holding it gives the 4 creative players licence to get forward. Also gives us a Louis Saha type striker up front, which is what we need.

On the other hand, if he still wants to play 4-4-2 with our wingers that can't cross, we'd be better going for something like this:

-----------butland/Stekelenberg------
Reither---Douglas---Hangeland---Richardson
Albrighton---Frimpong--Ireland---Kaca
--------------------Ruiz---------------
-----------------------Carroll---------

Berbatov and Ruiz can't play together in that system, and if we're going to cross it, we may as well have someone who can score with their head.

I much prefer the first team, let me know what other people think

zander

I really like the look of the first team. Mainly due to the strikers you've included. To have an out and out striker that's physical and got pace like lukaku would be ideal. A striker like that is so useful because they
pose a threat from crosses as well giving the team the option to put the ball in the box rather than always use build up play.

A have feeling he'll end up back at chelsea or at wba again next season though. As for the gk, a massive yes for Butland. He's the one player I desperately want us to sign this window.

The only area that looks a bit weak is centre midfield. However that's largely because I don't know what frimpong will be like.

Herbie

Ordar

What's not realistic, out of interest?

Bobby2012

I think Jol wants build for next season a young and stronger team.
Is this team realistic?

----------------------------- Stekelenburg (30) --------------------

---- Riether (29) ---- Douglas (25) ------ Hangeland (31) -----Richardson (28) ----

--------------Sidwell (30) ------ David (19) ------ Kaca (21) -----

---------- Ruiz (27) ----------- Berbatov (31) ------- Chadli (23) -------------

cebu

Quote from: Bobby2012 on January 26, 2013, 02:20:47 PM
Is this team realistic?

---- Riether (29) ---- Douglas (25) ------ Hangeland (31) -----Richardson (28) ----

---------- Ruiz (27) ----------- Berbatov (31) ------- Chadli (23) -------------

Do bear in mind that a lot of the players have birthdays between now and next season, e.g. Berba in a few days, Riether in March etc.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Bobby2012 on January 26, 2013, 02:20:47 PM
Is this team realistic?

Thought Brede would have moved on?
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Humbled

wouldnt mind signing Sordell and or Vydra if the price is right.... i think both could do a job in the prem and young

Humbled

--------------------Stekelenburg (30) --------------------

---- Riether (29) ---- Douglas (25) ------ Richards (24) -----Richardson (28) ----

-------Sidwell (30) ---Bannan (23)--- Frimpong (21) -----

------------Ruiz (27)--------------
                    -----------Berbatov (31)-------- Vydra (20)/Sordell (21)-------

Mr K.Dilkington

People need to remember that Frimpong is just on loan until the end of this season, and isn't going to see out the rest of his career here and become a legend just saying.
Foolish ham

Humbled

Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 26, 2013, 03:53:16 PM
People need to remember that Frimpong is just on loan until the end of this season, and isn't going to see out the rest of his career here and become a legend just saying.

he is out of contract in the summer and Arsenal jut gave their 5 'youngSTARS' new contracts.... maybe, JUST maybe he will come for the remainder of the season do well and sign for us. or if he does really well Arsenal may offer a new contract

Walsh

Quote from: Humbled on January 26, 2013, 03:46:41 PM

---- Riether (29) ---- Douglas (25) ------ Richards (24) -----Richardson (28) ----

Sordell  fp.gif

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Humbled on January 26, 2013, 03:55:35 PM
Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 26, 2013, 03:53:16 PM

he is out of contract in the summer and Arsenal jut gave their 5 'youngSTARS' new contracts.... maybe, JUST maybe he will come for the remainder of the season do well and sign for us. or if he does really well Arsenal may offer a new contract
I highly doubt that if he does well he'll sign for us, I think the only reason he hasn't had a new contract yet is that Arsenal want to see how well he's recovered from two successive injuries. For the time Frimpong's been around I've always heard that he's highly rated at Arsenal.
Foolish ham

Humbled

Quote from: Walsh on January 26, 2013, 04:03:13 PM

Sordell  fp.gif

the way he moves makes him look awkward but i think he can scoe in the prem and we could most def afford him. i could name others we couldnt afford?
Vydra also a realistic target and his pace and finishing could be good up top with the crativity/vision of Berba/Ruiz

Azeedo

Chadli...........you can't be serious, think of him as the next Ryan Babel a complete flop.

Walsh

Quote from: Humbled on January 26, 2013, 04:30:04 PM
Quote from: Walsh on January 26, 2013, 04:03:13 PM

Sordell  fp.gif

the way he moves makes him look awkward but i think he can scoe in the prem and we could most def afford him. i could name others we couldnt afford?
Vydra also a realistic target and his pace and finishing could be good up top with the crativity/vision of Berba/Ruiz

What would Sordell bring? I went to watch Bolton vs Sunderland the other week and he brought nothing, he isn't quick and his finishing is about as good as N'gog's.