watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos

Started by Rudolph, January 27, 2013, 12:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I don't know what you see in Senderos. Obviously every player has their weakness but Senderos is slow. Slow to react and has no pace. The quicker we let him go the better. But we do need cover in that position.

chiefo

I said after the Spurs game I didn't want to see him in a white shirt again, but crikey after that Utd performance, and yes Everton, hammers away, Hughes needs resting. God knows though, who could go there, try Baird maybe?

St Eve

Senderos can never wear a Fulham shirt again.

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on January 27, 2013, 11:47:32 PM
Senderos can never wear a Fulham shirt again.

Has he been transferred then?

Certainly nobody really thinks that the last three months have been Senderos's fault. Do they?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St Eve

Unfortunately no he is still here. No the last 3 months has not been his fault but he is certainly not the solution

Mr K.Dilkington

I thought we'd all moved past the point where people still believed Senderos was a viable option at centre back, it's even more astounding hearing people call for Senderos to come in instead of Hughes. Fair enough I can understand people questioning Hughes's performances this season as normally he's ever so good, and the fact that our squad is lacking in strength in depth in defence to bring in good alternatives, but Senderos really? it's like what do people see in the guy. I can understand people saying he's a stonger alternative to Hughes but personally i've never thought Hughes really lacked in that area to the extent that it affected his overall game. Fine lets say for the sake of the argument that Senderos does have one discernable trait in the form of his strength, he undermines that every single time with his lack of defensive awareness and concentration. I personally have never seen a worse centre back that you could possibly want to have in your team other than him(the exception being Titus bramble and maybe Ian Pearce). To conclude my rant I think we should stick with Hughes despite his drop in form as there's no quality alternative, if there was one fine then I'd agree with the people asking to switch it up, but for me Senderos is an accident waiting to happen and I personally would never agree that he's the right alternative.
:scarf:
Foolish ham

A Humble Man

Under Hodgson and Hughes we had two banks of four who defended when we did not have the ball, under Jol we have a back four and and an attacking six with some defensive support from the central midfielders.  This put a terrible strain on the defence particularly against fast breaking team.

Jol has tried an experiment but without the four best defenders in the World it does not work.  Please play a more defensive system and get the ball forward and into the box quicker, at least until we have enough points to be safe.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rudolph

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 07:29:47 AM
Under Hodgson and Hughes we had two banks of four who defended when we did not have the ball, under Jol we have a back four and and an attacking six with some defensive support from the central midfielders.  This put a terrible strain on the defence particularly against fast breaking team.

Jol has tried an experiment but without the four best defenders in the World it does not work.  Please play a more defensive system and get the ball forward and into the box quicker, at least until we have enough points to be safe.

So basically 8 defending outfield players hoofing it long into the box? 

epsomraver

No, it is called passing forward as against the present Jol system of anywhere but

FFC1987

Just out of interest whenever this debate comes up it always seems to be Hughes Vs Senderos and the minute the one plays badly the Senderos support against hughes arises and vice versa. I don't recall many shouts for Senderos in when Brede was playing badly (to be fair hes hasn't really had a decent game). One thing I would highlight were the games Senderos played Stoke away, Chelsea clean sheet etc were with Hughes. Maybe controversial but maybe Brede isn't helping the situation with us conceding.

Before I get hammered, my opinion is Hughes and Brede are still our best centre backs and big phil is the back up.

Riverside

Let me complicate the discussion more .
If Carrol plays on Wed do we

1) Play H+H ? Shredded by Carrol last time out and Fellaini
2) Play on of the Hs + Senderos
3) Play 3 CBs ?
4) Pray that Carrol does not play

Currently I am with Option 4

mangoputney

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2013, 11:39:02 AM
Just out of interest whenever this debate comes up it always seems to be Hughes Vs Senderos and the minute the one plays badly the Senderos support against hughes arises and vice versa. I don't recall many shouts for Senderos in when Brede was playing badly (to be fair hes hasn't really had a decent game). One thing I would highlight were the games Senderos played Stoke away, Chelsea clean sheet etc were with Hughes. Maybe controversial but maybe Brede isn't helping the situation with us conceding.

Before I get hammered, my opinion is Hughes and Brede are still our best centre backs and big phil is the back up.

I agree with FFC1987, yet would not be too averse to playing Senderos against West Ham

He is at least physical, will put his head in and has something to prove
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

FFC1987

Quote from: mangoputney on January 28, 2013, 01:06:45 PM

I agree with FFC1987, yet would not be too averse to playing Senderos against West Ham

Can't argue with that.

Rudolph

Quote from: mangoputney on January 28, 2013, 01:06:45 PM

He couldn't put in a worse shift than what was put in on Saturday, but they'll be plenty on hand to say otherwise.

Also, it will be interesting to see what TG has to say about the FA Cup game.

HatterDon

Quote from: Rudolph on January 28, 2013, 11:26:20 AM
Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 07:29:47 AM

So basically 8 defending outfield players hoofing it long into the box? 

You guys need to get together and code these responses.

The one you just wrote would be "A1"
"If you want Jol out, who would repace him" would be "B2"
"I can't believe so many people are panicking after one or two losses against top teams" would be C3
"None of this is Jol's fault. It's the players/the board/MAF/the booing supporters" would be D4

Once you've established this list, your typing load would be much reduced. Hey, no reason to thank me. I'm just looking out for the "Jol In Brigade."

OOPS! "Jol Out Brigade" would be E5  :scarf:

fulhaman

Nooooooooooo.  Atm I rate him less than brede and Hughes.  We need to get someone else in.

FFC1987

HatterDon

Burt

I am sure there is room for an F6.

Jack Fulham

I think we should resign Senderos in a translator capacity. 5 Languages, amazing.