Main Menu

Senderos

Started by Rudolph, January 27, 2013, 12:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

Quote from: HatterDon on January 28, 2013, 04:26:52 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on January 28, 2013, 11:26:20 AM
Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 07:29:47 AM
Under Hodgson and Hughes we had two banks of four who defended when we did not have the ball, under Jol we have a back four and and an attacking six with some defensive support from the central midfielders.  This put a terrible strain on the defence particularly against fast breaking team.

Jol has tried an experiment but without the four best defenders in the World it does not work.  Please play a more defensive system and get the ball forward and into the box quicker, at least until we have enough points to be safe.

So basically 8 defending outfield players hoofing it long into the box? 

You guys need to get together and code these responses.

The one you just wrote would be "A1"
"If you want Jol out, who would repace him" would be "B2"
"I can't believe so many people are panicking after one or two losses against top teams" would be C3
"None of this is Jol's fault. It's the players/the board/MAF/the booing supporters" would be D4

Once you've established this list, your typing load would be much reduced. Hey, no reason to thank me. I'm just looking out for the "Jol In Brigade."

OOPS! "Jol Out Brigade" would be E5  :scarf:

Man United do not hoof the ball up the pitch but the pass and move and get the ball into the opposition penalty area as soon as possible. We just pass and pass and rarely get the box that rarely has any of our players are in. 
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rudolph

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 08:41:39 PM
Under Hodgson and Hughes we had two banks of four who defended when we did not have the ball, under Jol we have a back four and and an attacking six with some defensive support from the central midfielders.  This put a terrible strain on the defence particularly against fast breaking team.

Jol has tried an experiment but without the four best defenders in the World it does not work.  Please play a more defensive system and get the ball forward and into the box quicker, at least until we have enough points to be safe.

"I can't believe so many people are panicking after one or two losses against top teams" would be C3
"None of this is Jol's fault. It's the players/the board/MAF/the booing supporters" would be D4

Once you've established this list, your typing load would be much reduced. Hey, no reason to thank me. I'm just looking out for the "Jol In Brigade."

Man United do not hoof the ball up the pitch but the pass and move and get the ball into the opposition penalty area as soon as possible. We just pass and pass and rarely get the box that rarely has any of our players are in. 

So the answer has been with us all along.  We must play like man utd and then we'll win games.  Tremendous insight squire.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Rudolph on January 28, 2013, 09:09:34 PM

So the answer has been with us all along.  We must play like man utd and then we'll win games.  Tremendous insight squire.

We could at least try and not keep wimping the ball backwards and sideways and forgetting the forward option through fear of failure.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Senior Supporter

"O.K., A1 doesn't work, but I think E5 would be unfair because D4. C3, and anyway B2".

I've got the gist of it, but will decoding lists be provided before we all  090.gif?   

epsomraver

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 09:13:16 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on January 28, 2013, 09:09:34 PM

We could at least try and not keep wimping the ball backwards and sideways and forgetting the forward option through fear of failure.

Now that I agree totally with you, Tigana said that he wanted players to out on the pitch and express themselves, try things without fear of reproach , that seems so long ago now.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

ffc73

Snibbo

Senderos was fine. I think he did much better against Carroll and Cole that Aaron would have done. Tony Gale can shut the f**k up - he's like a broken record.

Rudolph

Quote from: Snibbo on January 31, 2013, 12:02:56 AM
Senderos was fine. I think he did much better against Carroll and Cole that Aaron would have done. Tony Gale can shut the f**k up - he's like a broken record.

I agree, he is trying to influence opinion on a perfectly good player due to his own agenda.  The other part of Senderos' game that's superior to Hughes is his distribution.  That ball he played to Berbatov which he eventually pulled up from was superb.  I hope he gets a good run in the team as he deserves a chance.

YankeeJim

Hughes struggles against big attackers. I have no problem with bringing Senderos in when the other side has the likes of Carrol or Rooney. I love Aaron but he is on the downside of a good career.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FFC1987

Well for me this just confirms that A) he isn't as terrible as some make out and B) Maybe with Brede, Hughes and Big Phil we are currently OK for squad depth in the CB role...well maybe one more for competition couldn't help :)
Ps. Looking forward to Rudolph making a comment!

cottage cheese

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2013, 09:54:42 AM
Well for me this just confirms that A) he isn't as terrible as some make out and B) Maybe with Brede, Hughes and Big Phil we are currently OK for squad depth in the CB role...well maybe one more for competition couldn't help :)

I still woudnt trust him on a regular basis. He does pass the ball at times to the opposition and gets caught out. However, when we play against teams who like to play over the top then he is the man for it, as he is rarely beaten in the air and very stong.
I only worry when we play teams who like to pass the ball and play through the ground...thats when senderos gets caught out.

Tonywa

He gave the ball away in dangerous positions the first two times he received it, while is still very prone to loosing the man he is marking at crucial moments.

FFC1987

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 31, 2013, 10:01:28 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2013, 09:54:42 AM

I still woudnt trust him on a regular basis. He does pass the ball at times to the opposition and gets caught out. However, when we play against teams who like to play over the top then he is the man for it, as he is rarely beaten in the air and very stong.
I only worry when we play teams who like to pass the ball and play through the ground...thats when senderos gets caught out.

Well his distribution also counters the big men as he doesnt just lump the ball forward and have it come back at us. Good for the team but yes, can't argue with the logic of using Hughes in different games for tactical reasons, just emphasises my point about squad depth in the CB role really. I'd like an addition though.

FFC1987

Quote from: Tonywa on January 31, 2013, 10:08:06 AM
He gave the ball away in dangerous positions the first two times he received it, while is still very prone to loosing the man he is marking at crucial moments.

So did Brede but he got raving reviews too.

PokerMatt

Non-world class defender in "Susceptible to mistakes" shocker.

He played well. No other player last night (except Ruiz) is getting stick and nor should Phil.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Swiss72

He compensates his lack of vision by a full commitment and he is rock solid. I don't think he would have been out-muscled twice like Brede was by Carlton Cole towards the end of the game. So I agree he is useful for games against teams like Stoke or West Ham, less for Swansea or ManU.

epsomraver

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2013, 10:10:43 AM

So did Brede but he got raving reviews too.

Really, not in the match I watched, Senderos had a good game against average opposition  but as already stated he gave the ball away in dangerous positions, is easily turned as he lunges in, If only he could read the game as Hughes does then we would have a great centre back

epsomraver

How can you judge how Hughes would have performed?

PokerMatt

Quote from: epsomraver on January 31, 2013, 10:16:56 AM

How can you judge how Hughes would have performed?

Maybe the same way people are judging how senderos "might well have made costly errors"?
Follow me: @mattdjourno