watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos

Started by Rudolph, January 27, 2013, 12:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Surely he is worth a call up in the light of the weekend's events.  Hughes had the sort of game that would have called for the above's head on a silver plate.  We cannot do any worse than we are now and he will bring a needed determination to the side that we've been lacking recently.

If he is called up, I hope people get behind him and if not, then just remember the reason why he's in the side and give him some slack.

epsomraver

And what is the reason he is in the side then?

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on January 27, 2013, 12:20:55 PM

Hughes will get ripped apart by Carroll, similar to the game at West Ham and similar to last night's game.

Even someone as blinkered as yourself would have to admit we need someone stronger at the back?

epsomraver

Carroll is injured and has not played for some  time

Berserker

Quote from: Rudolph on January 27, 2013, 12:40:04 PM

Hughes will get ripped apart by Carroll, similar to the game at West Ham and similar to last night's game.

Even someone as blinkered as yourself would have to admit we need someone stronger at the back?

You have a point Rudolph but there is no need to call somebody blinkered if they have a different point of view
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Bringing Senderos in and changing things yet again is the sort of thing Jol would do.

cebu

Quote from: epsomraver on January 27, 2013, 12:50:32 PM
Carroll is injured and has not played for some  time

There was talk (yeah, I know) in the press that Carroll might be available for the match. Let's see.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Rudolph Reindeer,  Why not Senderos ????
He will fit right in with the type football ( if you can call it a type ) we currently dish up ( except Blackpool away). 
There was a time when I did not worry if we went behind, because they were always capable of  fighting back.
These days they  could not fight they way out of a paper bag, in fact they come out of the tunnel looking beaten

EJL

Hughes tends to do a decent job against big guys.

ffc73

I do not agree EJL.  I would bring Senderos back in on Wednesday for Hughes as I think Hughes is targeted by the Fellani's. Carrolls/Coles, Crouch etc types and, in my view, Hughes has not done a decent job against the "big" boys this season.

St Eve

Now that's funny! Senderos replacing Hughes would be absolute suicide. Yes Hughes had a poor game yesterday (although he did score) but senderos is clueless. We have to beat W Ham so give senderos the day off

WORTHINGFULHAM

I think I would rather have jimmy nail with a blindfold on than senderos he is another on the list to go.

CanadianCottager

I'd prefer to see a new CB come in altogether, but on current form Hughes needs some dropping

nose

:drums:i don't think hughes had a poor game, the defence was under seige for ages, defenders like goalkeepers are exposed when the pressure is on.
the penalty was a bit cruel, it was clattenburg as the ref, at the other end the same incident would have been more correctly awarded as a foul. in other words, smalling's hand pushing hughes was the first infringmenet and the reason hughes arm went up. should have been a foul to us.

oh and we should have had a pen just before half time, as clear as daylight but the media chose to ignore it.

sendeross is five steps backwards, he ball watches, he leaves his position, he is unstable in his actions, he can win headers he can win tackles but a defender has to reamin disciplined and poor old phillipe is not capable of that.

Rudolph

Quote from: EJL on January 27, 2013, 01:43:16 PM

Hughes tends to do a decent job against big guys.

I think you need to watch the goals Everton scored change that opinion. 

A Humble Man

Senderos is simply not a player as he does not understand that football is a team game nor the dynamics of defending.   It is ludicrous he is our only reserve centre back, if you discount Baird.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rudolph

Quote from: nose on January 27, 2013, 02:55:18 PM
:drums:i don't think hughes had a poor game, the defence was under seige for ages, defenders like goalkeepers are exposed when the pressure is on.
the penalty was a bit cruel, it was clattenburg as the ref, at the other end the same incident would have been more correctly awarded as a foul. in other words, smalling's hand pushing hughes was the first infringmenet and the reason hughes arm went up. should have been a foul to us.

oh and we should have had a pen just before half time, as clear as daylight but the media chose to ignore it.

sendeross is five steps backwards, he ball watches, he leaves his position, he is unstable in his actions, he can win headers he can win tackles but a defender has to reamin disciplined and poor old phillipe is not capable of that.

Unbelievable.  A pen is a pen, but he got ripped to shreds by Rooney and didn't deal with Hernandez on either occasion.  The lad is in dreadful form recently and as our only alternative, Senderos needs to be given a game and more importantly, given the support of the crowd.  He, along with Hughes, managed to shut out Chelsea away, so there is a good player there.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rudolph

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 27, 2013, 07:47:08 PM
Senderos is simply not a player as he does not understand that football is a team game nor the dynamics of defending.   It is ludicrous he is our only reserve centre back, if you discount Baird.

Yeah yeah yeah.  He did pretty well against chelsea and would do a decent job for us if there wasn't all the negativity surrounding him