watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Igor De Camargo

Started by sipwell, January 28, 2013, 02:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryanthebroom

He looks really good in the air from his youtube videos, the type of player who'll provide a focal point up top and maybe take advantage of all the corners we seem to get in matches.

Something different to what we have and on loan - can't complain.

Classic94

This makes sense. A low-risk signing with some much needed physical presence - similar to Pog last season.

Bassey the warrior

I may be alone in hoping we don't sign him, that is if he is a target man. I for one don't want to return to lumping the ball onto a big man's head. I like the idea of passing it out from defence, playing a short passing game.

MJG

Quote from: The Moose on January 29, 2013, 05:30:44 PM
I may be alone in hoping we don't sign him, that is if he is a target man. I for one don't want to return to lumping the ball onto a big man's head. I like the idea of passing it out from defence, playing a short passing game.
not working so need plan b

sipwell

He has the Brazilian ability to receive a ball in his feet, pass it back and run 'in the hole'. His aerial ability has more to do with the fact that he can head a ball in. His type of player is what Fulham needs: a player who will be in the box when one of our agile wingers centers it.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

westcliff white

Sipwell have you read on elfvoetball that he is off to everton i am not sure how reliabel that site is. i usually go on hin.be as they seem to have a lot of good sources
Every day is a Fulham day

sipwell

Quote from: westcliff white on January 29, 2013, 05:38:38 PM
Sipwell have you read on elfvoetball that he is off to everton i am not sure how reliabel that site is. i usually go on hin.be as they seem to have a lot of good sources

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/244937_de-camargo-vertrekt-naar-fulham-en-jol

To fulham you mean!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: sipwell on January 29, 2013, 05:35:00 PM

He has the Brazilian ability to receive a ball in his feet, pass it back and run 'in the hole'. His aerial ability has more to do with the fact that he can head a ball in. His type of player is what Fulham needs: a player who will be in the box when one of our agile wingers centers it.

More like Pogrebnyak than Zamora then. That's good. One wonders what this means for Petric, but certainly Petric is not good in the air.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on January 29, 2013, 05:33:53 PM

Or we make it work. We have Berbatov and Ruiz who would thrive if we can add a creative central midfielder. What happens to them if we return to the Hodgson era miss out the midfield style?

zander

I agree with your point but do feel its always good to have some variety and flexibility in playing style.

MJG

Quote from: The Moose on January 29, 2013, 05:48:16 PM
Quote from: The Moose on January 29, 2013, 05:30:44 PMI may be alone in hoping we don't sign him, that is if he is a target man. I for one don't want to return to lumping the ball onto a big man's head. I like the idea of passing it out from defence, playing a short passing game.

Or we make it work. We have Berbatov and Ruiz who would thrive if we can add a creative central midfielder. What happens to them if we return to the Hodgson era miss out the midfield style?
I don't disagree but Jol seems incapable at this time of doing that. As for the Hodgson comment that's completely wrong. We were not long ball with him.

zander

Quote from: sipwell on January 29, 2013, 05:35:00 PM

Thats good. It sounds like he's got more variety to his play than some are giving him credit.

westcliff white

Quote from: sipwell on January 29, 2013, 05:42:27 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 29, 2013, 05:38:38 PM

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/244937_de-camargo-vertrekt-naar-fulham-en-jol

To fulham you mean!

I was shown it today by a guy at work and it was claimig evertn had agreed a fee and he was on the way. that was around 11:30ish this morning. am glad the story has changed
Every day is a Fulham day

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on January 29, 2013, 05:50:49 PM
Quote from: The Moose on January 29, 2013, 05:48:16 PM

I don't disagree but Jol seems incapable at this time of doing that. As for the Hodgson comment that's completely wrong. We were not long ball with him.

Jol is incapable because he doesn't have the players. We need to get the right players in central midfield to link defence to attack. At the moment we have no attack because Berbatov and Ruiz are having to drop into midfield.
I know we didn't play long ball with Hodgson per se, but we used a target man so we frequently did use long ball tactics if not always.

Swiss72

Game over. He apparently just signed for Hoffenheim for EUR 6m.

zander

Quote from: Swiss72 on January 29, 2013, 05:57:14 PM
Game over. He apparently just signed for Hoffenheim for EUR 6m.

Where is that being reported?

ElissonSnygg

Yeah, De Camargo to Hoffenheim. Done deal.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

ffcbulgaria

some admin should close the thread then :D

JustOverTheRiver

... are there any reports of this then??