watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland v Fulham match thread

Started by The King, March 02, 2013, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enter the Frei

2 key moments, Berbs miss and the dodgy penalty to them. Don't think we played well, but I also don't think we were awful and would of probably taken at draw at the start of the game it's just a shame about how we through away the 2 goal lead.

rusty shackleford

on the plus side, we're in the top ten and 9 points clear. Should still be 9 points after wigan and villa play too

Ordar

We should have beaten a very poor Sunderland side. One point closer to safety, but I cant wait until this season is over.

Dejagah was good again and Emanuelson very lively when he came on.

Feels like we're still missing something in centre midfield. Senderos will get alot of criticism, but we simply tried to defend the whole second half.

Duff was poor again, and Hangeland didnt have his best game. Still not convinced by the Ruiz and Berbatov partnership

Burt

Quote from: ..Kya.ffc.. on March 02, 2013, 04:53:29 PM
Quote from: Burt on March 02, 2013, 04:50:38 PM
Can't wait for the Senderos scapegoating to commence  fp.gif

Well tbh. It was a team effort to be as poor as we were in second half..

Exactly.

But Senderos will still be the full guy.

costarican white

Such a shame to waste the advantage, on the other hand a point away is not bad.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

jarv

i will take a point too but the disappointing thing is that sunderland are a really awful team,  gave Fulham 2 goals and still no win.

Peabody

Here we go again, we did not lose and that ain't good enough. What is it with you People?

RoyTund

We really were not that bad.  Reverse the situation and what would your opinion be if we had played liked sunderland have just done at home?  The game turned on a great save from Berba and them getting a lucky break at the other end to equalize.  No need to scapegoat Berba (really bizarre given he now has 10 goals for us this season) or Senderos as seems the usual thing to do if we don't win.

grandad

Oh well, in effect we are 10 pts from the drop zone & up & up to 10th. Reasonably happy. Surely Jol has to bring back either Hughes or Baird for that walking disaster Senderos.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alexbishop

Quote from: sipwell on March 02, 2013, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on March 02, 2013, 04:51:51 PM
this has been dreadful

Dreadful? I found it an enticing game with good chances on both sides.

Oh come on this was two sides devoid of any confidence scrapping for a point. I don't enjoy watching Fulham when they play like this. A lot of walking around and standing still, misplaced passes and scrambling around in the penalty area trying to hold Sunderland to a point as if we were 3 divisions below them. Should have hammered them :/
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Bassey the warrior

Decent point but frustrating, we had the better chances and defended really well apart from Senderos's poor mistake. Sunderland by and large were poor. Should really have won this game.

Humbled

our lack of fire power through the centre at times means our right and left back push on at every oppotunity despite sometimes the positioning of the ball and players doesnt allow it... it worked for our 2nd goal but for their 2nd it didnt, Riise found himself in the striker role with no chance of getting back.

we have to become faster on the ball. Berba gets away with it cos of his brain and strength Ruiz doesnt and gets robbed of the ball ALOT and when Urby come on (and i would like to see him stat) he was robbed more than he should have been

Bassey the warrior

At the risk of scapegoating, and I am a bit, Duff deserves to be dropped. He's just not effective on the left flank and Dejagah can't be dropped to accommodate him. Maybe Jol feels Emanuelson isn't fit enough or isn't adapted yet? He looked a little off the pace when he came on but he still posed far more threat than Duff.
Same team but with Emanuelson for Duff.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: sipwell on March 02, 2013, 04:53:36 PM

Dreadful? I found it an enticing game with good chances on both sides.

how can you be optimistic after a game like that? Total control, then throwing it away with mistake upon mistake.
When Sunderland got level, they were only putting 1 or 2 in the box for corners as they were settling for the point, and knew we wouldnt be any threat, and we werent. As soon as Sunderland got the second goal , they had control of the whole match.

Moans
Berbatov should have scored another two. The one on one should have been placed away from the keeper, and he decided to shoot from range because he had no pace.
Riise went forward and was in the Sunderland box when mignolet saved from Berbatov, took his time getting back and left us open to Sessegnons  shot.
Dont have confidence in Senderos, seems to be good at passing back to Schwarzer and not much else. But the pen was soft, and the ref only gave it to balance the books.

subs
Duff was anonymous until he came off. Emmanuelson looked better when he came on.
Karagounis was great first half, and is an insult to the man to mention him in the same sentence as his replacement. I dont get what Frimpong brings to the team, a diving header to give a corner away when in space, losing possession too often and a bit of handball.. Think he has been learning from the school of senderos.
Dejegah should have scored and Rodallega didnt have much time to do anything.

BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE
We're in the top 10 for the first time in a long time and the counter attack goal and the willingness to get forward was a delight to see. More consistency over 90 minutes instead of sitting back and more points will come.

Lighthouse

What annoys me is that when we did break forward we made them look awful. But we are back to losing shape when our midfield try and support. Sorry but Ruiz behind Berbatov DOESN'T AND HASN'T WORKED. Pace wide and pace through the middle does work and would have done again today.

Swart back to his poor kicking, Frimpong awful and lucky not to give away handball and seem off the pace. Senderos his mistake a game usual.

But Dejagha continedues to look good. Players are there but we need a better formation and a striker playing as a striker
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamking

Quote from: The Moose on March 02, 2013, 05:04:08 PM
At the risk of scapegoating, and I am a bit, Duff deserves to be dropped. He's just not effective on the left flank and Dejagah can't be dropped to accommodate him. Maybe Jol feels Emanuelson isn't fit enough or isn't adapted yet? He looked a little off the pace when he came on but he still posed far more threat than Duff.
Same team but with Emanuelson for Duff.
+1, sometimes while watching Duff I ask myself why did Fulham offered him an extension. The guy is 34 and very ineffective as a winger. He is too slow and has not made one single cross for many games. Emmanuelson looks very quick and full of desire...

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 02, 2013, 05:07:32 PM
What annoys me is that when we did break forward we made them look awful. But we are back to losing shape when our midfield try and support. Sorry but Ruiz behind Berbatov DOESN'T AND HASN'T WORKED. Pace wide and pace through the middle does work and would have done again today.

Swart back to his poor kicking, Frimpong awful and lucky not to give away handball and seem off the pace. Senderos his mistake a game usual.

But Dejagha continedues to look good. Players are there but we need a better formation and a striker playing as a striker

Ruiz and Berba HAS worked well the past two games. Ruiz dominated today, he was excellent.

zschwartz

fair enough. 3-4 clean chances, made two of them. their make-up pk aside, they didn't offer much. Riether... how determined can you be? puts everyone else to shame, dejagah aside. my head sunk a bit when rodallega made his way on, but on his wages i guess you've got to play him every few matches... can't be helped. limping into 10th, kings of the rabble.

Bassey the warrior

Today we suffered from away game syndrome. We played for a point in the second half. Thankfully we got it.
I don't accept the Ruiz-Berba partnership doesn't work, to me it has worked well the past two games, and the formation works fairly well. Just need a better left winger as Duff is ineffective.

Jimbobob

Quote from: zschwartz on March 02, 2013, 05:11:27 PM
fair enough. 3-4 clean chances, made two of them. their make-up pk aside, they didn't offer much. Riether... how determined can you be? puts everyone else to shame, dejagah aside. my head sunk a bit when rodallega made his way on, but on his wages i guess you've got to play him every few matches... can't be helped. limping into 10th, kings of the rabble.

Well at least - "kings of the rabble" made me laugh!
Ridiculous how we always manage to to spit in the face of victory.
A least we held on for a damn draw which looked dicey at best...
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?