News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What rule changes/new rules would you like to see brought in by FIFA..?

Started by LBNo11, March 08, 2013, 10:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...inspired by an excellent comment on here after the Stoke game that and red cards should be held over against the offending player until they play the team they offended against again and not benefit the next team they play against it made me think, what fundamental changes would we like to see to the game that would make the game fairer and more exciting for the players and fans alike?

If this takes off I will add a poll of the suggestions as to the most popular suggestions...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Supermitch

In theory is a good idea but practically it could not work.  Examples – if a Blackpool player had been sent off against us in the replay how would he serve his punishment?  It could be many years before we play them again.

Secondly if, using Huth as an example, was transferred to another club before we play them next then Stoke would not be punished at all by it. 

There are of course other circumstances where we may benefit from a red card given to player x when we are their next opponents.
075.gif

Roberty

A greater use of television replay, which is now only used by the broadcaster to make the referee look foolish. I would not see the need for any great limitation on it's use other than it being there to help the referee to come to the correct decision and that it should not hold up play unnecessarily. After the event there should be no restriction on it's use to punish foul play and correct decisions made at the time. The fact that an official did see an incident or took some action at the time should not interfere with process of achieving justice.  
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

..Kya.ffc..

1. If a game goes to extra time then both teams should get another substitute.

2. Remove harsh "double penalties": E.g. Keeper gets red card and other team gets a penalty too. Unless the foul was to red card then I think only a yellow should be given and the penalty.

3. Give the referee another tool like in Ice Hockey, and allow them to sent a player to serve 5 mins on the bench. Could be used in non fouling circumstances. E.g.
- Player taking shirt off to celebrate goal.
- Player keeps opposing team from taking fast free kicks/corners etc.
- Player using to much mouth against the referee.

4. Make the goal line referees take eyesight test before letting them loose...

Disclaimer: 2,3,4 is not 100% thought through - Just some ideas!
Beers may have been involved in this post.

The Equalizer

Every time Chelsea score a goal, one of their supporters gets castrated.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

lamby

Video review panel to go thru every game during the week and hand out match bans for diving and major infringements.

cebu

Every time a FIFA official is involved in a case of corruption, he should follow the example set by the ancient Romans ... and "fall on his sword".

Andy S

I Would leave things alone. There have been a lot of changes over the years and I think they have got it about right. The more rules the harder they have got it for the officials

Burt

1 point taken off for a team who has a player sent off (subect to the decision being upheld).

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 08, 2013, 12:24:29 PM

Just a practical point here for an otherwise sensible suggestion...but what would happen when all their supporters have been castrated?

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on March 08, 2013, 12:57:46 PM

Just a practical point here for an otherwise sensible suggestion...but what would happen when all their supporters have been castrated?

We get to live in a Chelsea free future, also known as Utopia.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 08, 2013, 01:10:46 PM
Quote from: Burt on March 08, 2013, 12:57:46 PM

We get to live in a Chelsea free future, also known as Utopia.

Right...I'm up for that.

Holders

A yellow card for appealing for a penalty. That would go some way to preventing diving and calls for dubious handballs.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Rhys Lightning 63

When an infringement is committed (handball, foul etc), the only players who may talk to the officials are:
1 - The person who committed the infringement
2 - The captain of the team who committed the infringement
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Rupert

Quote from: ..Kya.ffc.. on March 08, 2013, 12:11:08 PM

2. Remove harsh "double penalties": E.g. Keeper gets red card and other team gets a penalty too. Unless the foul was to red card then I think only a yellow should be given and the penalty.

4. Make the goal line referees take eyesight test before letting them loose...

2- It's the 88th minute, Fulham 0 Chelsea 0, Duff suddenly cuts into the area, rounds the keeper, who them makes contact with his legs, bringing him down and preventing an obvious goal scoring opportunity. The keeper has made a genuine effort to get the ball, our Damian was simply too fast for him. Under this new law, the keeper gets a yellow and gets a second chance to stop what would have been an easy goal. Under the current rules he walks, so Chelsea are down to ten men, but the sub goalie still has a chance to prevent the goal. I do understand where you are coming from, but this rule is not broken, even if refs do sometimes get the decision wrong.

4- Believe it or not, the first thing you do when you arrive for your referee's course is take an eyesight test.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: Rupert on March 08, 2013, 01:46:10 PM
[...]
4- Believe it or not, the first thing you do when you arrive for your referee's course is take an eyesight test.
They must have forgot that on at least half of the goalline ref's - they seem to be blind half of the time.   :dft011:
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Vinnieffc

As in rugby un ion, I would suggest that only the captain should converse with the referee. Any chatback from other players would be an immediate yellow..

sipwell

Airfix once had a good suggestion:

A manager can challenge a decision and wait for video analysis to see if the decision was correct. If it was not, the decision is overruled. If it was, the manager loses one chance to substitute a player.

Personally I would like to see the clock stopped for injuries, corners and substitutions. I am getting a bit bored with the strategies of a lot of clubs to substitute players who walk off the pitch as slowly as possible or players faking an injury just to stall time. The 'added time' does not really work.
In handball, the second the referee blows his whistle (for whatever reason), the clock is stopped. You get more exciting games, less drama and more fairplay as a result.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

vbg cottager

salary cap and that clubs need to be self sufficient like in germany (50+1 rule = 51 % of a club belongs the fans and the rest can be bought by individuals, so the club is not owned by a single person and those crazy sums of money couldn't be invested!)

AND bans for diving! even after the game if the ref did get it wrong..

Burt

Quote from: vbg cottager on March 08, 2013, 04:31:20 PM
salary cap and that clubs need to be self sufficient like in germany (50+1 rule = 51 % of a club belongs the fans and the rest can be bought by individuals, so the club is not owned by a single person and those crazy sums of money couldn't be invested!)

Yes...agree...far too much silly money swilling around...it's driving the wrong sort of behaviour, and making it expensive to watch your club.