watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's a naughty boy?

Started by SP, April 02, 2013, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banstead White

........I just woke up this morning thinking COYW :clap_hands: :yay: 064.gif :wine:
Roysie

Alan

If they're upset with that, then how upset are they going to be with what I found before the game...

Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

Shredhead

Quote from: EJL on April 02, 2013, 06:22:47 PM
'On behalf of all Fulham fans'

No. Bit sad really.
Agree. Not on my behalf.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Cravenawin

Quote from: A Humble Man on April 02, 2013, 05:58:18 PM
We should of course we should be grateful for the time we were allowed to sit in their excuse for a ground while MAF was playing with planners.

They should be grateful for the money we gave them which was keeping them afloat at the time.

Lighthouse

Defeat and Relegation hurts so I don't see the need to rub it in to any fan of any club.

QPR and the Fulham Park Rangers saga and the way some of their fans did less than Wallsall fans to support us will always be hard for me to forgive. As a season ticket holder for twenty plus years I refused to watch Fulham at Loftus Road when we played there and then I couldn't afford to come back.

So I am as childish as the next fan but I still don't see the point of kicking a dog when its down.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 03, 2013, 12:54:16 PM
Defeat and Relegation hurts so I don't see the need to rub it in to any fan of any club.

QPR and the Fulham Park Rangers saga and the way some of their fans did less than Wallsall fans to support us will always be hard for me to forgive. As a season ticket holder for twenty plus years I refused to watch Fulham at Loftus Road when we played there and then I couldn't afford to come back.

So I am as childish as the next fan but I still don't see the point of kicking a dog when its down.

Neither do I. When their Asian kit sales tank and their "fully committed ownership" runs off at the prospect of Championship football, they're probably going under. I suppose there'll be unrelenting joy on here when that happens -- another football league club being financially ruined, "whoopee!!!!!"

Me? I'd prefer another two meaningful derbies next season rather than just the one-sided hate fest we have with the other club in Fulham that hardly know we exist.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

I have to agree with HatterDon. I prefer the option of the bragging rights over the wish for a complete annihilation of the opposition.
When I was still playing handball, we had a derby with another local team. Those were the best and the most intense matches (which we all lost because they had more money available) in which you would die ten times and still stand up and continue the fight. When the derby got scrapped (ironically, they had overspent and went bust), the season got considerably more boring.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

A Humble Man

The thing that is being forgotten the defensive incompetence of both games made it a great game to watch as was evidenced by the crowd noise which was as loud as I have heard for some time.   Beratov was a different class from anyone on the pitch and was reason we won the match.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: A Humble Man on April 03, 2013, 04:25:33 PM
The thing that is being forgotten the defensive incompetence of both games made it a great game to watch as was evidenced by the crowd noise which was as loud as I have heard for some time.   Beratov was a different class from anyone on the pitch and was reason we won the match.

Personally thought Samba was our 12th man, not the crowd. :)

Has anyone got him and Hill in their fantasy football team? Are they credited with the assists and the goal?

SP

Smart move from SKY selecting this fixture, local derby under the floodlights & goals virtually guaranteed - this fixture had it all.  Global exposure like this must help develop our brand.

Logicalman

Quote from: SP on April 03, 2013, 05:01:56 PM
Smart move from SKY selecting this fixture, local derby under the floodlights & goals virtually guaranteed - this fixture had it all.  Global exposure like this must help develop our brand.

uh-huh, not so smart from Fox though, they didn't show it on their main soccer channels

BarryP

Quote from: Logicalman on April 03, 2013, 05:11:58 PM

uh-huh, not so smart from Fox though, they didn't show it on their main soccer channels

I am not sure how it is decided who gets the rights to what match in the U.S. but I think we should point the not-so-smart finger at ESPN since they seemed to have the U.S. rights to the match.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Buffalo76

Quote from: HatterDon on April 03, 2013, 02:22:10 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 03, 2013, 12:54:16 PM

Neither do I. When their Asian kit sales tank and their "fully committed ownership" runs off at the prospect of Championship football, they're probably going under. I suppose there'll be unrelenting joy on here when that happens -- another football league club being financially ruined, "whoopee!!!!!"

Me? I'd prefer another two meaningful derbies next season rather than just the one-sided hate fest we have with the other club in Fulham that hardly know we exist.

As its ha ha ha ha we're talking about in this instance i'd rather go through the unrelenting joy of seeing them financially ruined than two local derbies thanks all the same.

HatterDon

Well, it won't do anything here in the States. April 1 was the first day of the baseball season, so -- with 4 time zones -- ESPN was providing live baseball all day long. Since they had the game, none of the other soccer networks could carry it. There was ESPN3.com, of course, to watch it on line. The problem was that it was the worst feed I've ever seen on that site and it got to be so blurry, I could no longer watch. Oh, and the graphics were in Spanish.

But maybe it'll help in other markets.  fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Wimbledon_White

I actually think Riise Lighting going on there is one enormous cringe!

SP

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on April 03, 2013, 09:43:09 PM

As to be expected, I think our view of the world is a little different to our younger generation of supporters.  At least we now have young blood coming through the turnstiles.

Lighthouse

Quote from: SP on April 03, 2013, 10:10:47 PM

As to be expected, I think our view of the world is a little different to our younger generation of supporters.  At least we now have young blood coming through the turnstiles.

Yuck - Young blood coming through the turnstiles. A Horror film waiting to be made.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on April 03, 2013, 09:42:36 PM

Well, it won't do anything here in the States. April 1 was the first day of the baseball season, so -- with 4 time zones -- ESPN was providing live baseball all day long. Since they had the game, none of the other soccer networks could carry it. There was ESPN3.com, of course, to watch it on line. The problem was that it was the worst feed I've ever seen on that site and it got to be so blurry, I could no longer watch. Oh, and the graphics were in Spanish.

But maybe it'll help in other markets.  fp.gif

Then again, I did manage to dvr it from Deportes so we didn't miss it - and the longest "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool" was for Fulham ....

LondonFulhamWhite

Quote from: SP on April 03, 2013, 10:10:47 PM

I'm around the same age and I think its cringe. Don't tarnish with the brush of hiM!

SP

Hey Riise Lighning 63, what are you up to Sunday?  A suggestion for you if you aren't going to Toon Town:

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/260213-qpr-v-wigan-ticket-news-677573.aspx

I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome...