News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MARK SCHWARZER dropped a clear hint he would not be signing a new deal at Craven

Started by Riverside, April 15, 2013, 11:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

who do you think will be our number 1 goalkeeper next year ?

Schwarzer
11 (15.9%)
Stockdale
14 (20.3%)
Begovic
9 (13%)
Stekelenburg
11 (15.9%)
A.N Other
24 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Riverside

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4887593/Mark-Schwarzer-hints-he-wont-sign-new-Fulham-contract.html

I think the issue is his demand to be a guaranteed No 1 .

I don't think we can give him that . Though I would like him to stay .

Stockdale also wants to be No 1. I personally would try that but not with a guarantee of being No 1 .

Or would you go to the market ?

Stekelenburg would have been the solution but I cannot see that happening .

And Begovic at £4mn is a pipe dream .  079.gif

Who you you think will be No1  ? ( NOT who do you want !)

FFC1987

Stockdale should be given a chance till at least January in my opinion. That's enough time to settle into the role and prove himself. I'd hate to see us sign Courtois on loan as a short term fix (i'd love him in goal as he's top quality) as it's a p*** take on Stockdale if we kept him and signed a loan goalkeeper to play as no.1

H3Matt

I can see us selling Stockdale if Hull come up. He's a Yorkshire lad and will be 1st choice there. Also we're priced out of Begovic. Don't know where people got £4m from but he's being priced at £15m as a target for Arsenal. I say give Schwarzer another year.

Rupert

I thin it is encouraging that both are worried about being number one. Both obviously thinks the other could do a good job next season. I'm glad it isn't my job to work out which one we keep.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Riverside

Quote from: H3Matt on April 15, 2013, 12:01:44 PM
I can see us selling Stockdale if Hull come up. He's a Yorkshire lad and will be 1st choice there. Also we're priced out of Begovic. Don't know where people got £4m from but he's being priced at £15m as a target for Arsenal. I say give Schwarzer another year.

Would you guarantee Schwarzer No 1 to achieve this ?

MJG

If Hull get promoted Bruce has said he wants to buy Stockdale.
Stockdale will either start next sseason as our No1 or he will have moved on.
Schwarzer will only stay if he's given the No1 role and even if they can't write in in a contract that he has to play, it will be a verbal agreement.
I dont think Jol rates Stockdale (like many fans) so it could be we need 2 new GK's come the summer.

JBH

If MS leaves then Jol will sign a proven keeper as I also don't think he rates Sockdale that highly

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JBH on April 15, 2013, 12:09:51 PM
If MS leaves then Jol will sign a proven keeper as I also don't think he rates Sockdale that highly

Who is available though?  That's my issue with replacing Schwarzer, which I think is needed in spite of his fantastic recent shot stopping performances.

TonyGilroy

We need to go into next season with two viable keepers which is what we currently have.

Stockdale's under contract so we don't have to release him but Schwarzer's too old for us to be certain that he won't decline. If Mark won't sign without a guarantee that he's to be number one then he has to leave.

Whether we then sign one keeper and keep Stockdale or bring in two is the question.

Begovich is worth what someone will pay. Arsenal are being linked with a few top keepers and it's by no means certain that that's where he'll go.

If I were in charge a top keeper would be my number one priority for next season.

sipwell

If Chelsea are serious about getting Courtois in Premier League next season, then he would be an excellent loanee for us, giving us time to find a suitable replacement...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

JackyFulham90

If Schwarzer goes I hope Stockdale is given a chance he is a good keeper

Admin

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 15, 2013, 02:29:35 PM
If Schwarzer goes I hope Stockdale is given a chance he is a good keeper

I honestly don't get where all this "Stockdale is good keeper" comes from. Please don't take this as a dig, it isn't, you're entitled to your own opinion.
Given, he's a good shot stopper and can kick a nice ball, but he lacks in so many other area's that will stop him becoming a top class keeper.
He is always rooted to his line, never comes for crosses and mainly flaps when he does. Far too quiet, doesn't command his area or organise his back line and constantly seems nervous during games. I personally get nervous when he's in goal.

epsomraver

So would you be nervous thrown in to a prem match every 3 months or so fp.gif Given that he has performed well at Hull in front of large crowds not the 200 at MP he can only come back a better keeper.

TonyGilroy

I'd hope that the club are assessing his performances at Hull with a view to deciding whether he's good enough for us unless of course they've already decided that he's not.

IranianCottager

How do you guys rate some of the goalkeepers of teams likely to relegate and will surely look for new clubs?
Cesar, Federici, McCarthy, Al Habsi, Mignolet are all possible candidates.

Riverside

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 15, 2013, 03:21:22 PM

I'd hope that the club are assessing his performances at Hull with a view to deciding whether he's good enough for us unless of course they've already decided that he's not.

Or they have decided that he is and this is why they are not giving in to Schwarzer ?

Riverside

Quote from: IranianCottager on April 15, 2013, 03:24:11 PM
How do you guys rate some of the goalkeepers of teams likely to relegate and will surely look for new clubs?
Cesar, Federici, McCarthy, Al Habsi, Mignolet are all possible candidates.

Cesar ***** to expensive
Federici ****** no
McCarthy ****** no 
Al Habsi ***** maybe
Mignolet ***** yes

and one more
Lindegaard ****** Man Utd on his way out ? . Yes for me

JackyFulham90

I will not be upset if we get a new keeper in, I agree Stockdale has some faults but he is a great shot stopper & what impressed me most about him was his response to the Swansea mistake with key saves at West Brom

HatterDon

Once again, the Friends of Fulham logic train is chugging along the tracks with Stockdale.

Moving from relatively extended periods in two seasons replacing Schwarzer that included [if my memory serves] three MOtM selections and Fulham Player of the Month, the logic train concluded that what he needed was more time in the Championship playing regularly. Now that he is playing regularly for a club that's promotion-bound [and the upgrade he brought them is significant], the logic train holds that this success is proof that he's not good enough for Fulham. Instead, the Friends of Fulham logic train prefers either:

Schwarzer -- despite his visibly deteriorating skills -- or
Keepers who are about to be relegated from the Prem -- or
Keepers who have never played in England -- or
Keepers from the Championship who are not playing as well or as successfully as Stockdale.

By the end of next season, Stockdale will be starting for a Premier League club and, most likely, be second choice to Joe Hart for England. I REALLLLLY hope he's doing that for us and will be for the following 8-10 seasons. Sadly, those of us who like that idea are in the minority here, and can't find  even a place to stand on the FofF Logic Train.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on April 15, 2013, 05:16:02 PM
Once again, the Friends of Fulham logic train is chugging along the tracks with Stockdale.

Moving from relatively extended periods in two seasons replacing Schwarzer that included [if my memory serves] three MOtM selections and Fulham Player of the Month, the logic train concluded that what he needed was more time in the Championship playing regularly. Now that he is playing regularly for a club that's promotion-bound [and the upgrade he brought them is significant], the logic train holds that this success is proof that he's not good enough for Fulham. Instead, the Friends of Fulham logic train prefers either:

Schwarzer -- despite his visibly deteriorating skills -- or
Keepers who are about to be relegated from the Prem -- or
Keepers who have never played in England -- or
Keepers from the Championship who are not playing as well or as successfully as Stockdale.

By the end of next season, Stockdale will be starting for a Premier League club and, most likely, be second choice to Joe Hart for England. I REALLLLLY hope he's doing that for us and will be for the following 8-10 seasons. Sadly, those of us who like that idea are in the minority here, and can't find  even a place to stand on the FofF Logic Train.
totally agree. what more can he do to prove himself. i actually wanted him to be our number 1 already.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.