watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season Transfer Speculation 2013’

Started by Admin, April 26, 2013, 05:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baider

I wouldn't be too upset with Coates, he's still young and from what i've seen from him he hasn't been THAT bad, he's hardly even played in the last two years since joining Liverpool so its likely that he isn't going to gel completely with the starting XI

HillFace

Surely won't get ahead of Captain Hang and Amorbieta, though?

£5mill for a bench player seems excessive, but in this presumed transitional period with the board and whatnot, perhaps our outlook has to change.
The above may be nonsense

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 12, 2013, 12:08:13 AM
Coates makes no sense for us to buy.

Why?  Hangeland is getting older, Amore is new, Hughes is pretty much past it, Senderos is an apparent laughing stock and then there's Burn who may not make the step up to Championship let alone Premier League.  Yes it may be a risk, but it's not as stupid as some transfers.

Not that it's necessarily going to happen or would be a super amazing transfer, but I don't see it as being overly bad.  And y'know... he's young :P

Enter the Frei

I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him because he's a very decent player and all, but if we've got limited funds as suggested he shouldn't be a priority signing.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 12, 2013, 12:23:10 AM

Why?  Hangeland is getting older, Amore is new, Hughes is pretty much past it, Senderos is an apparent laughing stock and then there's Burn who may not make the step up to Championship let alone Premier League.  Yes it may be a risk, but it's not as stupid as some transfers.

Not that it's necessarily going to happen or would be a super amazing transfer, but I don't see it as being overly bad.  And y'know... he's young :P

I agree with this to an extent, but i also agree that it does not make sense to buy this window. Don't think we have the luxury of having 5 CB's fighting for 2 spots @5Mill outlay

God The Mechanic

Quote from: hongkongfulham on July 12, 2013, 12:42:14 AM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 12, 2013, 12:23:10 AM

Why?  Hangeland is getting older, Amore is new, Hughes is pretty much past it, Senderos is an apparent laughing stock and then there's Burn who may not make the step up to Championship let alone Premier League.  Yes it may be a risk, but it's not as stupid as some transfers.

Not that it's necessarily going to happen or would be a super amazing transfer, but I don't see it as being overly bad.  And y'know... he's young :P

I agree with this to an extent, but i also agree that it does not make sense to buy this window. Don't think we have the luxury of having 5 CB's fighting for 2 spots @5Mill outlay

That's implying both Hughes and Senderos stay.  I honestly wound't be surprised to see the former go, if he wants to play games.  If he's happy being back up and in effect solidifying is status as one of Fulham's modern greats, picking up a wage every week and not playing then he'll stay.  But is that worth it from the club's perspective?

FFC1987

Sorry to bring up Clint but The Times are saying Clint has been put on the transfer list....I do seem to recall being called a number of profound names for stating he was surplus to requirement at that football club...Not sure whether to gloat now or when/if he moves on!

Regarding Coates, apart from the fee, I'd be happy with it. Right age etc and I think hes flexible at left/right back if a report I read was accurate so youth and squad depth is good.....Fee not so good. Dammed if you do buy young, dammed if you don'y....(reaction to Karagounis)

Northern Cottager

Quote from: HillFace on July 12, 2013, 12:06:08 AM
Surely won't get ahead of Captain Hang and Amorbieta, though?

£5mill for a bench player seems excessive, but in this presumed transitional period with the board and whatnot, perhaps our outlook has to change.

We might go all out attacking and play 3-5-2. With our new found Sugar Daddy £5 mill is small change my man!

Northern Cottager

Few people mentioning we have bid £1.5 million for Frimpong.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 12, 2013, 09:36:25 AM

He's injured isn't he?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 12, 2013, 10:13:56 AM

He's injured isn't he?

Yep, left at home to recover from his op. No idea why it's surfaced now. Apparently in advanced talks.

EJL

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 12, 2013, 10:22:33 AM

He's injured isn't he?

Yep, left at home to recover from his op. No idea why it's surfaced now. Apparently in advanced talks.
Can't find this on twitter. Probably not looking hard enough but you'd think it would be among the top tweets.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: EJL on July 12, 2013, 11:36:32 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 12, 2013, 10:22:33 AM

He's injured isn't he?

Can't find this on twitter. Probably not looking hard enough but you'd think it would be among the top tweets.

There isn't loads about it . Just few murmurs but haven't really seen it before today. Coates one is the main thing going on at the minute.

nickmuir

Fulham are considering a move for Liverpool's Uruguay international defender Sebastian Coates, with Brendan Rodgers prepared to sell the 22-year-old after he failed to make an impact in two years at Anfield.

God The Mechanic

Romeu has joined Valencia, which may mean Banega will be sold?  Or at least, we can hope.

ToodlesMcToot

Romeu joined on loan, from what I read. Why would they sell Banega in that circumstance?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Legate21

@SkySportsNews: Sky sources: Juventus accept undisclosed bid from Sunderland for midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini #SSN

Sorry if this has already been posted.

He had a decent tournament with Italy at the Confederations Cup. Anyone have a rough idea of his value?

zander

Quote from: Legate21 on July 12, 2013, 07:34:50 PM
@SkySportsNews: Sky sources: Juventus accept undisclosed bid from Sunderland for midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini #SSN

Sorry if this has already been posted.

He had a decent tournament with Italy at the Confederations Cup. Anyone have a rough idea of his value?

I've read a figure of 6.8m in regard to sunderlands bid.

Baider

Thats an absolute steal if thats the case, why are Sunderland signing players like this and we are linked with the likes of phil beardsley and lee cattermole