watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I hope we keep Jol

Started by JackyFulham90, May 12, 2013, 09:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

Jol for Everton (we might eventually win there).
Martinez for Fulham.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

madffc

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 12, 2013, 09:12:04 PM
Before everyone goes mad here is why ...
Yes his tactics at times are poor, this run in the last 6 games has been simply not good enough but up until then I think we were having a decent season, losing Dembele & Dempsey has taken It's toll but even more of a blow was losing Diarra for most the season then losing Dejagah to injury too. Stability is key just look at Everton they could have sacked Moyes when they finished 17th but they stuck by him & look at them now. We certainly need some changes this summer, the board need to back Jol with some money or bring in someone they trust to back.

It looks like Schwarzer , Baird , Davies will be in there way this summer what great players they have been for us, I would expect Manolev , Karagounis , Frimpong , Emanuelson & Petric to follow.

Keeping Riether has to be a priority & Enoh if the price is right.
We need a pacey defender to partner Hangeland & CM has to be the key. We lack goals upfront but I am looking forward to a full season of Dejagah & Kacaniklic on the wings.

This season has been poor but sometimes these things happen look at Newcastle, all we can hope is Jol & the board are this as we still have some quality players & with a bit of investment in key areas we can push for the top 10 again, atleast the summer won't be boring at the Cottage COYW!

+ 1

i certainly feel losing diarra was a massive blow.. such a shame

here's to an injury free season after this one ;)

epsomraver

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 13, 2013, 01:56:05 PM
Zu meister I agree losng dejegah was a.massive blow as we lost our shape and balance to the team.... Jol should have changed things around though, once it was clear the system without him wasnt working

With Jol thee is always an excuse, Ruiz out, be all right when he comes back, now it is "Mick " who lets face it was only just starting to show some real talent, That is what having a squad is for and how wisely the manager uses it, the real problem is that three  players as long as fit are always starting the games irrespective of poor performances.

jarv

I think the Jol debate is going to run longer than the Jimmy Saville scandal. I have bashed him and occasionally thought he was turning it round until he does a full 360 and back into the abyss. Yes, good point, all clubs need stability but gems like Fergie, Moyes and Wenger are rare and probably would not stay with our small club.
Personally, I am on the fence. There is no doubt Jol has been a failure this season.  His failings are simple. This season grade F, and more important, he took over a very good team and turned it into the dross we have seen this season. His transition grade is also F.
Having said that, if he signs 2 gems this summer, all will be sweetness and light on here.
Despite the fact I am not in the Jol camp, I think he might just be able to find those 2 gems. We shall see.

hazzaffc

some people on this forum are so idiotic i cant even understand. we lost some of our best players at the start of the season, and maybe jol should of acted better but its not entirely his fault. do you think he didn't want to spend any money ? of course not, the board didn't give it to him. sanchez spent 20+ mil in his first season so the guy that said jol is our worst ever manager needs to stop being a football fan. were probably gonna come around 14th and its being classed as a bad season, that shows how much we have come over the years where we used to be favorites to go down every season. some of you need to get a grip and just be grateful were doing ok in the best league in the world with some really good players (berbatov, riether, hangeland, emanuelson, ruiz). i swear you lot complain more than you encourage

nose

Quote from: hazzaffc on May 14, 2013, 02:53:51 PM
some people on this forum are so idiotic i cant even understand. we lost some of our best players at the start of the season, and maybe jol should of acted better but its not entirely his fault. do you think he didn't want to spend any money ? of course not, the board didn't give it to him. sanchez spent 20+ mil in his first season so the guy that said jol is our worst ever manager needs to stop being a football fan. were probably gonna come around 14th and its being classed as a bad season, that shows how much we have come over the years where we used to be favorites to go down every season. some of you need to get a grip and just be grateful were doing ok in the best league in the world with some really good players (berbatov, riether, hangeland, emanuelson, ruiz). i swear you lot complain more than you encourage

I am the guy that said Jol was was a candidate for worst manager. He is much worse than sanchez but I feel sure you may not have read what i said properly.
Sanchez took over a very poor squad, in need of major surgery. With a bit of tweaking from hodgson most of that squad went on to greater things. Sanchez had less than half a season and never got to January to try and improve in a couple of key areas.
Jol inherited a good squad, well motivated, organised and committed with a great work ethic. That clearly is no longer the case. But the two key issues with jol are that he clearly has alienated good servants of the club for no benifit to the club and second, regardless of the money he does or doesn't have available, he dioes not get te best from the squad he has available.
We have 40 points with one game left, we could still theoretically go down, with the players we have that is a remarkable achievement, that and 9 home defeats, and one point in the last seven games (and that to aston villa courtesy of an own goal!).
I am extremely grateful to still be in this division but what i loathe is underacheiving in such a big time manner.

You suggest I stop being a football fan, what do you mean? My commitment to the club is absolute. I have had a season tiicket since before the ark and never failed to renew. If we were in the conference or blue square or whatever that is called nowadays i would renew. I have tickets for swansea, i was there last time we were relegated, i had to get tickets this time too to at least show my loyalty to the club (not any individualin it) what do you mean I should stop being a fan? It is precisely because I am a fan and a supporter of the club, this club, my club that I speak out when things are wrong and not as good as they could be. And surely with our current manager we are underperforming. All I want is that we get the best from the team available, and that is not happening.

fulhaman

I want Jol to stay. Its the owners that have cause this. He needs at least 15 million to get a top ten finish

EJL

Quote from: alfie on May 13, 2013, 10:01:08 AM
Quote from: fulhamaustin on May 12, 2013, 10:31:56 PM
I'm not saying Jol doesn't make mistakes. Some decisions baffle (Petric for Kaca today was outrageous for example). But this season has been written off because of no squad depth due to lack of investment. When we have had a fit squad we were flying, after January for example. But when we picked up injuries / suspensions (Brede, Sidwell, Dejagah) we've been poor because there is no realistic alternative.

Kaca was having calf problems that is why he was taken off, you could see at certain times he was trying to stretch his calves out, but obviously did not work. Not so outrageous as you suggests)

It was still an awful substitution. Rodallega for Kacaniklic was the change to make; that was obvious to most.

BillNRoc

It's said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result. Questionable team selections, odd subbing, poor tactical flexibility, disinterest in motivating his players -- those are the characteristics of a manager who should be fired. Instantly.

Mancini's team finishes 2d and he gets fired. Jol's team is in freefall for the second time this season (1 point from 21), yet he still has a job. We lost to f-ing Reading at home! We've played worse than relegated teams. How much worse do you need it to get before you recognize it's time for a change.

Arthur

Quote from: nose on May 12, 2013, 09:28:13 PM
ruiz... is truely a waste of space

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 13, 2013, 09:53:04 AM
Ruiz... great, wonderful player

There you go. Two of Jol's most vociferous critics giving totally opposite opinions in the same thread.

You can't both be right, so which is it? Because one of you must be talking rubbish.

MJG

Quote from: hazzaffc on May 14, 2013, 02:53:51 PM
some people on this forum are so idiotic i cant even understand.
just because people have a different view does not make them idiotic. Maybe your view is also idiotic, but its not. Its a pov which is one way to look at the situation. I don't agree with it but you seem to think I'm idiotic because of it.
Why call people that? Can't you respect the views of others?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The question is : Does Jol want to stay ????
In my opinion, everything about he body language screams Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Berserker

If he doesn't get promished a huge bag of money he will leave. I do wonder if the teams lack of motivation is because Jol has lost his passion to be the Fulham manager, and the verbs have passed to the team
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Steven Ageroad

Totally agree.On both counts
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 12, 2013, 10:00:49 PM
Sorry for realising we have not had a great season but that it could be worse, I used to enjoy this forum but now It's just as bad as cottage corner

Burt

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 14, 2013, 09:40:40 PM
Totally agree.On both counts
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 12, 2013, 10:00:49 PM
Sorry for realising we have not had a great season but that it could be worse, I used to enjoy this forum but now It's just as bad as cottage corner

It's inevitable with a large group of people that you will get different views on things, and that some posters will be glass half empty types, and others half full. And these differences get magnified when things haven been great on the pitch.

We're only human, after all...!

All football forums I have seen all have this in common.

I would like to think though that with this board you have less of the trolling and abuse that happens elsewhere.

Brown@FFC

It's what's best for the club, and even though Jol will be perfect in the transfer window, his passion and drive for being our manager is non existent and he doesn't get the best out of the players. We need a manager who will get the best, who does want to be there and preferably one who could work on a tighter budget, much like Hodgson.

sunburywhite

I hope we keep Jol............................................................away from the first team
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Andy S

If Jol goes that is ok by me and if he stays so is that. But be sure Jol will be first out next season should we start badly. I'm sot sure whether schwarzer will leave as he wants first team football. I cannot see any other club guaranteeing  that and whether we get a top keeper or not who knows. Schwarzer may be happy to stay. We certainly need another defender and left back we also need Reither to sign. We need at least one central midfielder and a good forward who can bring others into play. Whether we have those young players coming through the ranks I'm not sure but if I can see it surely sn can others at the club

Andy S

If Jol goes that is ok by me and if he stays so is that. But be sure Jol will be first out next season should we start badly. I'm sot sure whether schwarzer will leave as he wants first team football. At 40 I cannot see any other club guaranteeing that and whether we get a top keeper or not who knows. Schwarzer may be happy to stay. We certainly need another defender and left back we also need Reither to sign. We need at least one central midfielder and a good forward who can bring others into play. Whether we have those young players coming through the ranks I'm not sure but if I can see it surely so can others at the club

RolandAJ

I believe MJ will perk up when he has a deeper, more talented team.  Cobbling together a team from the current bunch could break one's spirit.  Watching it has almost broken mine!
We're safe and I'm hoping this summer is productive.

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?