News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need 6 new first team players - who are they?

Started by The Rock, June 19, 2013, 12:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

I am concerned. "All the money's gone, nowhere to go" and we need 6 younger and better players for the first team.

Where's it gonna come from?

Admin

We have money don't panic, but we will only be spending it on the right players.

We have just had an 8 million quid bid turned down for McCarthy and also an 8 million quid bid for Vydra.

What does that tell you?

Arthur

JackyFulham90

No we don't we need 2 central midfielders a striker &  possibly a left back

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Admin on June 19, 2013, 12:39:22 AM
We have money don't panic, but we will only be spending it on the right players.

We have just had an 8 million quid bid turned down for McCarthy and also an 8 million quid bid for Vydra.

What does that tell you?
We need a new negotiator?

Brown@FFC

A creative CM is priority. An attacking midfielder/ST is next, along with potentially a full back.

Northern Cottager

What does that tell you?

I think 8 million for Vydra would be nuts.

fulhamben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 19, 2013, 07:55:22 AM

What does that tell you?
lol
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Zu-Meister

chelsea were the club in for vydra according to some, udinese want 15.......

SKSW6

Quote from: Zu-Meister on June 19, 2013, 11:18:43 AM
chelsea were the club in for vydra according to some, udinese want 15.......

He trailed off massively from February onwards from what I remember, not worth half of that IMO.

Bryanthebroom

I think Mo will spend just as long as Jol presents him with decent players who are good value for money.

Problem is those kind of players will have lots and lots of suitors.

Count Berbatov

No panic buys needed. Plus, we probably hear for about a tenth of what Jol's in for. The early business was done imo . It's a waiting game now. Obviously everyone is weighing their options

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on June 19, 2013, 11:07:42 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 19, 2013, 07:55:22 AM

What does that tell you?
lol

Obviously half term once again.

SaltfordWhite

mccscratch

I know this may sound very Ameri-centric but we need to go and buy Jozy Altidore now... I have been very very hard on Jozy in his past because I deemed him as lazy but he has grown up a lot over the past year and he has a ton of goals left in him at 23....

People will point to his stint with Hull as not being up for the Prem but that was when he was 19-20 and not mature enough to understand all the necessary work that a true CF must put in... that has changed this past year for both club and country...

I only need to point to Michael Bradley (who we should have bought 3 years ago....) as a player that never was given a chance at Villa but is now a regular starter and performer for Roma...

We need another American into the club (besides young Hyndman) and Jozy would fill a need up front that has been lost since Zamora's great season of 2009-10. Let Berbatov float around between the midfield and attack and get Ruiz back on the right where he played so well in Holland...

Jozy Altidore Highlights 2012-2013
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Azeedo

Joel Campbell let's get him on loan, Crystal Palace has been trying to get him from arsenal.  He's quality and he's only 20 years old

YankeeJim

No yanks! Please no yanks. I enjoy Fulham and don't need another round of xenophobia.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

EJL

- If Sascha goes, we need a right-back and a backup (or promote a youth player). It'd probably be Danny Simpson...
- A creative midfielder who can pull their weight defensively as well as having a good range of passing.
- Backup winger if Frei goes.
- A striker.

mccscratch

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 19, 2013, 05:45:25 PM
No yanks! Please no yanks. I enjoy Fulham and don't need another round of xenophobia.

YJ... understand the xenophobia comment but do you not think that the current in form Altidore could really get us going this season? He is a Zamora body with more skill and better shooting/finishing ability.

Stop thinking about your enjoyment of Fulham on the messageboards and think of the enjoyment of the team on the pitch...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Texas White

Quote from: mccscratch on June 19, 2013, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on June 19, 2013, 05:45:25 PM

YJ... understand the xenophobia comment but do you not think that the current in form Altidore could really get us going this season? He is a Zamora body with more skill and better shooting/finishing ability.

Stop thinking about your enjoyment of Fulham on the messageboards and think of the enjoyment of the team on the pitch...

I just dont think he is good enough and he flopped once in the UK. I think we are better off trying someone new, there are better young players out there.