News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Shahid Khan Era Silly Season Thread (Transfer speculation after 13/7)

Started by Riverside, July 13, 2013, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 17, 2013, 01:58:18 PM
Saviola apparently on his way to Fulham for talks.

I mentioned his name before. He's 31/32 but still a quality player. Also available on a free, so cant complain

barryhaylesgoalmachine

Rather have Odemwingie than Charlie Austin, Only because I don't actually want either and while Odemwingie is Old, Poor attitude and not what we need.... He will only cost £1,500,000 while Austin will be at least £7,000,000 . We will have a striker we don't want either way but at least with Odemwingie we will have more to spend elsewhere.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Ordar on July 17, 2013, 02:08:19 PM

I mentioned his name before. He's 31/32 but still a quality player. Also available on a free, so cant complain

He left River Plate waaaay too early and kinda ballsed up his career, but would prolly be worth a punt.

bigalffc

All the sources seem to agree he is joining the qphaha's
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

westcliff white

Saviola? thought he was joining QPR, not a good way of lowering our high average age either.

Not against him signing dont get me wrong, just we need some youthfullness, not 17-21 year olds but say 23-26 to give us a spine for the years ahead.  Its ok to change one or two players a year, but 6 or more every season is not a good way of doing things.
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: bigalffc on July 17, 2013, 02:16:40 PM

Bit of a wierd one this. They're all getting confused between whether he's in Fulham to talk to QPR or in Fulham to talk to the actual Fulham.

Maybe they're outside the Cottage with a moustache and American accent pretending to be the real Premier League boys.

jmh

Admin

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 17, 2013, 03:10:17 PM

Bit of a wierd one this. They're all getting confused between whether he's in Fulham to talk to QPR or in Fulham to talk to the actual Fulham.

Maybe they're outside the Cottage with a moustache and American accent pretending to be the real Premier League boys.

Think it's QPR. It was all over the WATRB forum the other day.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Admin on July 17, 2013, 04:33:46 PM

We Are The Rent Boys is a hole. Do enjoy checking them out from time to time. Aren't they dead set on for Hooper though? Rather we didn't sign another 30+ so not too disappointing.

Admin

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 17, 2013, 04:48:59 PM
Quote from: Admin on July 17, 2013, 04:33:46 PM

We Are The Rent Boys is a hole. Do enjoy checking them out from time to time. Aren't they dead set on for Hooper though? Rather we didn't sign another 30+ so not too disappointing.

They had a bid of 5 million turned down a couple of days ago. Not sure if they've gone back in for him again with an improved bid.

I know they've also signed Richard Dunne, and at 33, he'll get turned inside out in the Championship. I'd have rather stuck with Samba but thats what you get for signing players on idiotic wages.

tommy

I doubt we would sign Demba Ba or Cisse as said above considering they wouldn't wear our shirt because it has a gambling sponsor on it.

zander

Quote from: tommy on July 17, 2013, 06:05:21 PM
I doubt we would sign Demba Ba or Cisse as said above considering they wouldn't wear our shirt because it has a gambling sponsor on it.

Good point I'd hadn't thought of that. We would of been alright last year though.

JudgeBread

I think it's personal choice, which wouldn't necessarily rule out Demba Ba (but his wage demands might).

I think I am right in saying Ashkan is Muslim and he seemingly doesn't mind the sponsor.

zander

In the modern game its very hard to avoid a money etc related sponsor. Players have to be a bit pragmatic about it really.

zander

Already been mentioned but link to Odemwinge in the Mail a 1.5m bid supposedly.

In the Times as well.

DevonFFC

Quote from: zander on July 17, 2013, 06:46:02 PM
In the modern game its very hard to avoid a money etc related sponsor. Players have to be a bit pragmatic about it really.

And frei

EJL

Quote from: zander on July 17, 2013, 06:47:06 PM

In the Times as well.

If true, what are we doing? Surely Odemwhinger wasn't one of Jol's targets at the beginning of the summer before he knew about budget etc.?

PaulJ123

Saw a very vague rumour on twitter linking us to Tello from Barcelona  fp.gif

Nice to dream I suppose

zander

Quote from: EJL on July 17, 2013, 07:14:42 PM

In the Times as well.

If true, what are we doing? Surely Odemwhinger wasn't one of Jol's targets at the beginning of the summer before he knew about budget etc.?

Maybe the budget has got smaller!!??

In all seriousness I think this just a quick link. Apparently can't agree terms with palace, fulham a mid table team with previous links equals easy bit of 'journalism'.

zander

Quote from: EJL on July 17, 2013, 07:14:42 PM

In the Times as well.

Absolutely agree with your sentiment. However I really rate odemwinge in terms of his footballing talent but since the whole the qpr thing I wouldn't go near him. Add to that he's just a bit too old and not the age we should be looking at.