more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pajtim Kasami

Started by Southcoastffc, July 16, 2013, 09:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmh

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 16, 2013, 09:37:57 AM
Anyone have any low-down on what's happening with Kasami?  I thought he was meant to be moved out in the last transfer window but fell foul of a technicality, then was loaned to Luzern with a view to a permanent move this Summer.  He played a few nights ago in Costa Rica and seems to have done well.  Still only 21, I'd love to see him stay and make a mark with us.
I don't think there was any plan for the loan to Luzern to lead to a permanent move, just a way for him for him to get some playing time after the loan move to Pescara collapsed due to the bizarre Internet connection issue others have mentioned.  He's only just turned 21 a month ago, and Jol has said glowing things about his potential in the past and nothing to suggest that he wants to sell him.

hesedmedia

Thoughts? Prefer Huddlestone to Sidwell and a new left back, probably, as you need that deep lying playmaker and kasami can be the shuttler/box-to-box player, but with what we have now...

I'm thinking Sascha to overlap Ruiz routinely in this system.

Zu-Meister

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: hesedmedia on July 16, 2013, 04:36:26 PM
Thoughts? Prefer Huddlestone to Sidwell and a new left back, probably, as you need that deep lying playmaker and kasami can be the shuttler/box-to-box player, but with what we have now...

I'm thinking Sascha to overlap Ruiz routinely in this system.

You know, I would be quite happy to start the season with something like that. I'd like to incorporate Dejagah and obviously we should still look to invest in certain positions (LB, CM etc.) but that line-up looks far superior to what we ended up cobbling together last season.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

hesedmedia

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 16, 2013, 04:42:20 PM
dejagah?

I know, I was torn over that! It's a question, at least in this system, of whether we need the center midfield crowded or we needed the width depending on the opponent. If we had Huddlestone or a similar deep-lying playmaker type, we could play boateng/sidwell and the DLP in the middle, drop kasami, have Ruiz in the number 10 role, with dejagah and kaca as wingers for width or at home.

Otherwise, I think he could rotate with kaca, and if we had a decent LB going forward, could flip the whole system left to right so ruiz is sort of tucked inside on the left, dejagah wide right.

atleTheodor

This would be creamy, methinks:

this as well:

But THIS is probably the best solution, at least in my head. you can swop kasami for boateng if you want to:

Thoughts?
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

elgreenio

Kasami has turned into a world beater in the space of 1 game, nice
touch my camera through the fence

ffc73

Quote from: elgreenio on July 16, 2013, 05:19:52 PM

and he only played 45 minutes in that game too

atleTheodor

No one has said he is a world beater. I have always said that he is/is going to be good.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

JackyFulham90

I've always rated Kasami but he has a long way to go before he replaces the likes of Dejagah & Ruiz in our side

EJL

Quote from: elgreenio on July 16, 2013, 05:19:52 PM
Ah but no one said that. Merely praising a good first half performance. Anyway, most believed that we should have seen more of him last season, so not exactly jumping on the bandwagon.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: atleTheodor on July 16, 2013, 05:06:49 PM
This would be creamy, methinks:

this as well:

But THIS is probably the best solution, at least in my head. you can swop kasami for boateng if you want to:

Thoughts?

Huddlestone is not a defensive midfielder, he is a creator. Boateng will be our starting defensive midfielder, and the creator next to him could be Kasami, Hudd or someone else.

westcliff white

kasami could not play in a two i midfield, he is a number 10 role player. i do think he will have a more prominent role this season but off the bench
Every day is a Fulham day

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2013, 07:26:25 PM
kasami could not play in a two i midfield, he is a number 10 role player. i do think he will have a more prominent role this season but off the bench

So was Dembele.

Riverside

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 16, 2013, 07:35:01 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2013, 07:26:25 PM

So was Dembele.

Now if Jol can turn Kasami into another Dembele I would be very happy !
A big leap .Too big for this season certainly. 
Hope he can be groomed coming off the bench this season .

filham

Most of us have been crying out for a new attacking centre midfielder for a long time. If Kassami can come good then surely Karagounis and Kassami could well meet our needs.

Don't even think of suggesting a team that does not include Dejegah, untill his injury last season he was proving to be a match winner.

I think Jol paid some 3 million pounds for Kassami, he must have seen something in him, we could be in for a nice surprise this season.

sunburywhite

I am sorry my fellow board members but you make me bite my lip, because Kasami has one good game all of a sudden a lot of you have gone from slagging him off into making him the new Messi.

Personally I have always seen something in him and have tried to promote his ability but for Gods sake so many of you were slagging him off last year but now you want to lace his boots
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

farfouille

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 16, 2013, 08:14:47 PM
Personally I have always seen something in him and have tried to promote his ability but for Gods sake so many of you were slagging him off last year but now you want to lace his boots

Not me, I've loved every minute he's on. I never understood why Jol didn't give him more chances last season, especially after seeing him play against WBA - he played for 10 minutes and made an impact immediately.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 16, 2013, 08:14:47 PM
I am sorry my fellow board members but you make me bite my lip, because Kasami has one good game all of a sudden a lot of you have gone from slagging him off into making him the new Messi.

Nor me. I thought he had a good game against Chelsea away in the League Cup (apart from the penalty). I'm hopeful that he can make a growing contribution.

grandad

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on July 16, 2013, 02:00:24 PM
About a month ago on Twitter he got involved in a conversation with a fan which ended with him insisting that he's a central midfielder. Could he not fill one of those gaps?

A midfield of Dejagah, Kasami, Huddlestone and Kacaniklic. Yeah.

So who of those 4 will be our defensive MF, they are all wingers or attacking MF
Where there's a will there's a wife