watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pajtim Kasami

Started by Southcoastffc, July 16, 2013, 09:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Anyone have any low-down on what's happening with Kasami?  I thought he was meant to be moved out in the last transfer window but fell foul of a technicality, then was loaned to Luzern with a view to a permanent move this Summer.  He played a few nights ago in Costa Rica and seems to have done well.  Still only 21, I'd love to see him stay and make a mark with us.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Northern Cottager

He was brilliant the other night. Looked like the kind of attacking midfielder we actually need.

Luffy86

Sunday night, Kasami looked like the player we was missing last season. He looked class!! Still can't believe he's only 21!!

Luffy86

Perhaps his loan spell was to prepare him for FFC first team??

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Luffy86 on July 16, 2013, 09:41:47 AM
Perhaps his loan spell was to prepare him for FFC first team??

That makes sense, similar to the Kaca situation. Add a bit of steel and experience.

farfouille

I really really like him as well. Him and Frei too. They both have a great future, I think. I hope they make it to first team this season. Or we might loose them... :023:
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

EJL

I reckon we'll see a lot of Kasami next season. He's got really quick feet for someone his size.

KP_FFC

i like kasami, he's skillful + good at passing and has a great shot on him, hope he plays more.

Humbled

Quote from: KP_FFC on July 16, 2013, 11:16:23 AM
i like kasami, he's skillful + good at passing and has a great shot on him, hope he plays more.

:plus one:

also quick, good footballing brain and powerful

Zu-Meister

his strength his a massive plus as opposed to ruiz's ......lack of strength

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 16, 2013, 11:39:36 AM

Although Ruiz sometimes looks like a new born giraffe he doesn't lose the ball anywhere near as often as you you might expect.

But Kasami was really impressive, albeit for half of the first friendly of a new season.

Can Jol find a way to play Berbatov, Ruiz and Kasami in the same team?

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 16, 2013, 12:16:50 PM

Although Ruiz sometimes looks like a new born giraffe he doesn't lose the ball anywhere near as often as you you might expect.

But Kasami was really impressive, albeit for half of the first friendly of a new season.

ruiz loses the ball in such dangerous positions. sometimes he can produce a bit of skill to get away, but fairly often he gets robbed and the opposition get a counter attack chance.

cant see all 3 in the same team, neither ruiz or kasami are wingers. you can add david to the list of players who can play that position. i think hes a real gem.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 16, 2013, 12:39:22 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 16, 2013, 12:16:50 PM

ruiz loses the ball in such dangerous positions. sometimes he can produce a bit of skill to get away, but fairly often he gets robbed and the opposition get a counter attack chance.

cant see all 3 in the same team, neither ruiz or kasami are wingers. you can add david to the list of players who can play that position. i think hes a real gem.

Yes, Ruiz needs to learn not to linger on the ball in front of our back four, and probably not to be so far back that he finds himself in those situations. I'm hoping that Boateng will fill that hole releasing Ruiz and Berbatov for attacking duties.

Zu-Meister

what jol said which i agree entirely is that we need someone in midfield to help out ruiz with the creativity of the team. ruiz recognizes theres no one deep lying play making, so he drops deep and loses it, another reason why we dont see him score as many as he should be. someone like mccarthy whom we have bid for would be perfect to partner boateng in the middle.

Big Martin Jol

About a month ago on Twitter he got involved in a conversation with a fan which ended with him insisting that he's a central midfielder. Could he not fill one of those gaps?

A midfield of Dejagah, Kasami, Huddlestone and Kacaniklic. Yeah.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

FFC1987

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on July 16, 2013, 02:00:24 PM
About a month ago on Twitter he got involved in a conversation with a fan which ended with him insisting that he's a central midfielder. Could he not fill one of those gaps?

A midfield of Dejagah, Kasami, Huddlestone and Kacaniklic. Yeah.

Boateng is looking up for it and would probably have something to say about that.

Zu-Meister

huddlestone is at sunderland, just heard on the radio, the guy said pretty much done deal......although i wonder why its not been anounced yet.

nickmuir

if i remember correct we sold him but when the club we were selling him to internet went out so the deal could not be done so they done the loan deal instead

FFC1987

Quote from: nickmuir on July 16, 2013, 02:13:12 PM
if i remember correct we sold him but when the club we were selling him to internet went out so the deal could not be done so they done the loan deal instead

That was for the loan deal. It went through special circumstances and was passed. I don't believe we intended to sell him.

atleTheodor

He was never going to be sold, - just loaned out. The deal fell through because of the internet broke down. Jol has stated several times that he is still a part of his plans, and that he just needed more experience. Kasami is/eill be a great player, and i have full faith in him breaking into the first team this season. If we sign Huddlestone (who aren't going to Sunderland, lazy journalists on the radio), a midfield of boateng, huddlestone kasami with berbatov, ruiz and someone in front of those (sort of 4-3-3), that would be a MASSIVE improvement on last season. If we won't bring Huddlestone to fulham (would be a shame if we didn't), i also have full faith in Jol to bring in some other talent.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!