watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Osvaldo

Started by Markffc123, July 24, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryanthebroom

Would be nice but can't see us competing with the big boys for Osvaldo. IF this is true however, just the fact that we've inquired is promising as this may well indicate the new owner's willingness to spend £20m+ on the right player.

FFC1987

It wouldn't surprise me if we spoke to them about a possible loan move but reliable sources in Italy (if there are only) have said we have spoken to them about him.

TWFL

SKSW6

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Roma/24-07-2013/roma-doppia-missione-londra-gervinho-arrivo-osvaldo-il-fulham-20838030181.shtml

This might be why they have quoted €8m, that's the price Arsenal want from Roma for Gervinho which was mentioned in the same article.

rusty shackleford

Ill believe this when i see it

Bryanthebroom

I'm not convinced either.

What I will say is this guy is on a Totally different level to players like Bent and Odemwingie. To get him at 27 would be a coup comparable to - or dare I say it - even greater than Berbatov last season.

The rumours are gathering pace...

Zu-Meister

Arsenal is in this very moment on meeting with Roma for Gervinho and Osvaldo, according to Sky Italy

fulhamben

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 24, 2013, 05:01:34 PM
Arsenal is in this very moment on meeting with Roma for Gervinho and Osvaldo, according to Sky Italy
be surprised if arsenal are after him, they are trying to make a statement and buy big players. Fans will crucify them if they sign him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sammyffc

quite a few roma sources on twitter saying the officials are now on the way to fulham after talks with arsenal about gervinho

fulhamben

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 24, 2013, 05:12:53 PM
quite a few roma sources on twitter saying the officials are now on the way to fulham after talks with arsenal about gervinho
now that makes more sense

jmh

Anything reputable or just people repeating something someone made up?

Markffc123

Seriously Guys...BIG IF...we sign this guy then that could be a sign of intent from MR KHAN and JOL--i think we mean business from now on-who says we are being left behind by other clubs!...but hope its true

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on July 24, 2013, 05:18:47 PM
more to the point, what ever happened to sending a fax asking if they could buy so and so for x amount. Those Roma officials must have clocked up some air miles

Sammyffc

alot of different sources. sky italia , gazetta , alot of as roma fans/forums/ whatever they are called haha . but we will have to wait and see ! nothing is concrete with fulham untill its on the site !

jelmo

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2013, 05:26:48 PM
Quote from: jmh on July 24, 2013, 05:18:47 PM
more to the point, what ever happened to sending a fax asking if they could buy so and so for x amount. Those Roma officials must have clocked up some air miles

I was thinking this as well. Its nice that they like the personal touch.

On the twitter front, I think that its just constant rehashes of the same article but done slightly differently.
#Pray4Fulham

Sammyffc

saying that most people who have twitter knew boateng signed around a week before it was official on the site , same with stek

Ichabod Magoo

Osvaldo is a head case.  Similar personality to Ibrahimovic.  Constantly yells at teammates when they don't pass him the ball when he wants it.  Had a fight with Lamela when Lamela told him he wasn't Maradona.  However... the man can score with his feet and head.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Riverside

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on July 24, 2013, 06:42:58 PM
Osvaldo is a head case.  Similar personality to Ibrahimovic.  Constantly yells at teammates when they don't pass him the ball when he wants it.  Had a fight with Lamela when Lamela told him he wasn't Maradona.  However... the man can score with his feet and head.

Sounds like Berba ....

MasterHaynes

Anyone think Gervinho would be better bet than Osvaldo if he's leaving Arsenal. Might not have been the star Arsenal hoped but has a lot of skill, proven in the premiership and underperforming at the moment so could do a deal with Arsenal over his wages and let him show what he can really for the right team and fans.