watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Osvaldo

Started by Markffc123, July 24, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown@FFC

Ruiz, Berbatov and Osvaldo. What an attack force if it turns out to be true, but how to implement it. Jol will have to mastermind a new formation as Ruiz can't play out wide, and I don't want to see the Riether/Dejagah partnership broken.

supersimmo123

I just stuck £10 on him to join. 20/1 at Skybet. La Gazetta are very reliable with Roma news. Checking the old records they called Steke and Riise when they arrived!

Markffc123

we could involve riise in a swap deal-maybe that would lower the price if jol is feeling a bit tight...and then spend more on a decent LB replacement

jmh

Quote from: supersimmo123 on July 24, 2013, 08:29:38 PM
I just stuck £10 on him to join. 20/1 at Skybet. La Gazetta are very reliable with Roma news. Checking the old records they called Steke and Riise when they arrived!
Google Translate isn't perfect, but the articles I found linking Osvaldo to Fulham read like speculation about something that might happen ("to Southampton did not want to go, even in St. Petersburg, but in London we would gladly move. And Fulham, which has recently changed hands, finishing at an American millionaire of Pakistani origin, could be the ideal solution") rather than reporting on something that was going to happen.

Sammyffc

how weird , before i read this i put a cheeky 5er down haha

Admin

Quote from: jmh on July 24, 2013, 08:56:52 PM
Google Translate isn't perfect, but the articles I found linking Osvaldo to Fulham read like speculation about something that might happen ("to Southampton did not want to go, even in St. Petersburg, but in London we would gladly move. And Fulham, which has recently changed hands, finishing at an American millionaire of Pakistani origin, could be the ideal solution") rather than reporting on something that was going to happen.

You can see where this is going. He and his agent will try and rape us of 80K a week due to the take over, we'll say no, rightly so, and it'll all end in tears with him joining Spurs or something.

Danitar

Quote from: Admin on July 24, 2013, 09:25:11 PM
Quote from: jmh on July 24, 2013, 08:56:52 PM

You can see where this is going. He and his agent will try and rape us of 80K a week due to the take over, we'll say no, rightly so, and it'll all end in tears with him joining Spurs or something.

Don't say that have confidence in the team, I know this is what normally happens but new owner we have to be confident

westcliff white

If we start paying that to severallayers we won't meet the fair play rules. If one gets it others will want it.

Stick to our policy and keep us sustainable
Every day is a Fulham day

JackyFulham90

Some signing this would be, I will be surprised if it happens though

Ordar

Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2013, 09:39:34 PM
If we start paying that to severallayers we won't meet the fair play rules. If one gets it others will want it.

Well having an extra £40m in TV rights will have some effect on the budget. Hence why all the prem teams seem to be spending big on the whole

DevonFFC

Do you think him knowing sket and would have anything to do with this, maybe he has been biging up up

westcliff white

Quote from: Ordar on July 24, 2013, 09:45:44 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2013, 09:39:34 PM

Well having an extra £40m in TV rights will have some effect on the budget. Hence why all the prem teams seem to be spending big on the whole

Fees yes I can see we will pay more, but salary is the killer. Look at the likes of QPR, Pompey and Leeds, when the latter of those 2 stated paying big money salaries it was on the back of record TV revenue and salaries increased accordingly but they went over the top, now look at them. I would hate for us to put ourselves anywhere near that level.

The fair lay rules are their now (even though we voted against it), we cannot therefore afford to pay over the top salaries
Every day is a Fulham day

Zu-Meister

think osvaldo was talked about with arsenal, not us.

EJL

Quote from: ollienixs on July 24, 2013, 09:47:17 PM
Do you think him knowing sket and would have anything to do with this, maybe he has been biging up up
How rude!

Ordar

You raise a good point about the financial fair play malarkey, but in reality I just don't see how they will ever actually enforce it. Teams like Man City, Monac, PSG and even Real Madrid to a degree are never going to balance the books with the amount they're spending on transfers and wages. Monaco get smaller crowds than us, play in a far less profitable league and have spent £120m or whatever on players this summer.

Even looking at smaller clubs, Sunderland have spent masses on transfers for about the last 6 windows. Swansea, West Ham, Southampton and even Norwich have spent massively during this window.

I just can't see how Uefa can enforce it. The last thing they want is for the major clubs to breakaway into their own league. However the way Fulham has been set up now, (unless we really have a massive financial spend and attempt to push into the CL places) will be more than sustainable with the massively increased revenue.

Admin

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 24, 2013, 10:49:24 PM

Also throwing Gervinho in as part of the deal. That's us now out of it.

TWFL

Quote from: Admin on July 24, 2013, 11:11:08 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 24, 2013, 10:49:24 PM

Also throwing Gervinho in as part of the deal. That's us now out of it.
Read somewhere that Arsenal aren't even interested and that the only reason Roma talked to them was because of the Gervinho deal. I can't see why they'd want Osvaldo anyway when they have Giroud and Podolski (relatively similar players) and they're about to splash out Suarez.

Arthur

Agree, TWFL.

Having had a £40M bid for Suarez rejected, I'd be surprised if Arsenal settled, just yet, upon a player whose value is reportedly around £7M.

I think we have to hope that Roma can come to an agreement for the purchase of Gervinho; any chance of Osvaldo leaving presumably depends upon the Italians having lined up his replacement (as was the case with Stekelenburg).

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: TWFL on July 24, 2013, 11:39:05 PM

Read somewhere that Arsenal aren't even interested and that the only reason Roma talked to them was because of the Gervinho deal. I can't see why they'd want Osvaldo anyway when they have Giroud and Podolski (relatively similar players) and they're about to splash out Suarez.

Similar to Giroud but not Podolski.  Osvaldo couldn't play on the wing if his life depended on it.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III