more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey Signs for Seattle Sounders

Started by StuFFC, August 03, 2013, 05:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 04, 2013, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 03, 2013, 06:07:07 PMSo anyone still want to go on about him being world class and good enough for a CL team/top 4 team?
I wouldn't label your posts as "blind hatred", MJG.  Snarky and derisive, yes.  Hate-filled, no.  In any event, I wasn't referring to any poster in particular.  And I retract my use of that overheated expression.  It was uncalled for.  My apologies to anyone who thought I was referring to a particular poster.   Equally snarky and petty are statements like Danitar's: "Hope it was worth joining spurs Dempsey [sic]."   Answer:  Obviously it was.  Huge payday.  It isn't that he's an American.  It's that as a Fulham player of five years, having accomplished much, and at all times acting in a professional and proper manner, he is slagged off, dismissed, ridiculed, lambasted, and diminished--for assertions much in dispute.  There are the posters who claim he wasn't all that talented, not CL level, etc., but that he worked hard.   Andy Johnson worked hard.  Duff works hard.  Rodellaga works hard.  I could go on and on.  But only one of them was effective.  I call that more than just working hard.  I call that true talent.  So we'll all just agree to disagree and move on.

If not a poke ay MJG I guess that's a dig at me then (although i do acknowledge that you say its nothing personal) seeing as I said that I 'personally' didn't think he was a champions lg player? I did state it was my own personal opinion and I do believe that whilst he was our saviour over the seasons he wasn't always as technically good as some would like us to believe. Obviously every punter has their favourite players for what ever reason as we all see the game through different eyes. As a coach I saw failings in his game that didn't warrant his hero status. Other 'coaches' / fans in the stands saw positives in his game that did and that is football. That is life. It's all about opinions!!
 I can't see how I'm a hater though when I've always said that I wished him well in his Champions lg quest as I thought he deserved a shot at his dream. A footballer has to aspire to get to the highest level he can, he served us well, good luck. But then he joined Spurs!!
What you have said though is that it was worth Dempsey joining Spurs because he got a huge pay day. Thanks for that because that's what many Fulham fans believed. It wasn't really about Champions league football, it was the money!!

YankeeJim

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 04, 2013, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 04, 2013, 01:35:22 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 03, 2013, 08:43:51 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 03, 2013, 08:18:00 PM
S001.gif :doh:
Well, this is indeed a coup for MLS. Not because of Dempsey but because of all those who will now follow MLS in order to  find negative things about the man so as to start threads about  him on FOF.

Just like all those who went to Spurs message boards?

Look at this thread. There are hardly any negative posts and many who say that they would take him back.
:kettle pot:
What creates long Dempsey threads are inaccurate statements, dubious claims and wumming such aI canyour post having an unfair and unpleasant dig at FoF posters.
[/quote

I can always count on you.  Are you the pot or the kettle?

As usual, typically of Dempsey fan-boys, you don't address the points made but just respond with abuse.

Well then, make an original point. It would be a first. BTW,  opinions are not points or facts. Every Dempsey threas has your name all over it andall you do is stress your dissatficaton as to how he left. Newsflash! We all are. Enlighten meas' to how your dissatifacrion is superior to anyone else's.  None of us knowwhat transpired  between he and Jol. The fact that as Demps said, the truth will come out. Well, it hasn't. If Demps had something to say
e would have said it by now. It would seem that your rush to judgement may, may have been right. However, it was and is a rush to judgement and the last year you have spent on ît has bèen based on that,
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 04, 2013, 10:59:42 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 04, 2013, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 04, 2013, 01:35:22 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 03, 2013, 08:43:51 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 03, 2013, 08:18:00 PM
S001.gif :doh:
Well, this is indeed a coup for MLS. Not because of Dempsey but because of all those who will now follow MLS in order to  find negative things about the man so as to start threads about  him on FOF.

Just like all those who went to Spurs message boards?

Look at this thread. There are hardly any negative posts and many who say that they would take him back.
:kettle pot:
What creates long Dempsey threads are inaccurate statements, dubious claims and wumming such aI canyour post having an unfair and unpleasant dig at FoF posters.
[/quote

I can always count on you.  Are you the pot or the kettle?

As usual, typically of Dempsey fan-boys, you don't address the points made but just respond with abuse.

Well then, make an original point. It would be a first. BTW,  opinions are not points or facts. Every Dempsey threas has your name all over it andall you do is stress your dissatficaton as to how he left. Newsflash! We all are. Enlighten meas' to how your dissatifacrion is superior to anyone else's.  None of us knowwhat transpired  between he and Jol. The fact that as Demps said, the truth will come out. Well, it hasn't. If Demps had something to say
e would have said it by now. It would seem that your rush to judgement may, may have been right. However, it was and is a rush to judgement and the last year you have spent on ît has bèen based on that,

None of us know fully what was behind Dempsey's departure from Fulham. It is your speculative assumption that something transpired between Dempsey and Jol. Most of us have preferred to stick with what has been known publicly.

Contrary to what you say it is those who said that there was more behind the story who rushed to judgement. Those who based their view on the known facts were being cautious.

My comments in these threads are primarily aimed at the speculation such as your suggestion that something transpired between Dempsey and Jol, and inaccuracies. Those posts showed a desperate need to make Dempsey an icon at the expense of abusing Jol, MAF or FoF posters which I find distasteful.

RidgeRider

Locking this one up. I think the topic has run its course and the player in question remains divisive amongst our supporters.  Lets look ahead, for now, folks.