watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey Signs for Seattle Sounders

Started by StuFFC, August 03, 2013, 05:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuFFC

Just 1 year after moaning that he wanted CL. Clint Dempsey Signs for Seattle!! SkySports has just announced it!!

alexbishop

it is pretty crazy that move, would have welcomed him back here but good luck to him I guess
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

shnlwswlkr

$$$ He can go fish and write some more crap rap songs $$$
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

sunburywhite

Any chance we can sign him in the MLS off season?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Lighthouse

I don't believe it. I can only think it is for personal reasons beyond football. If true than I am  sorry for our league and sorry for the player who like many before him should have stayed at Fulham. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

amazing U turn.  I guess he has his reasons. Good luck to him.

The Rock

He is a yank trash talking punk who didn't know his own limits. Most American rapper chav type athletes trash talk. McBride was different, special, humble. I'd have Demps back, though he sort of burnt that bridge and I wouldn't want players who don't want to be at the club. Didn't seem like he got on that great with Jol at the end anyway. Maybe he just wants to go home.

Did he at least make it off the bench for a Champions League match?

StuFFC

Maybe the Tottenham supporters were not so nice about his fan boys!!!

Berserker

This news is amazing, i am so surprised. Such a shame he left us, glad he didn't go to Everton though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mccscratch

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 03, 2013, 05:09:52 PM

There are serious rumors that he will be loaned back to a prem club in January.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

EJL

PaulUMD

I would give anything for him to have a good finish to the MLS season, a little break and a loan to Fulham in January to get him ready for the WC.  Could put a nice exclamation point on his relationship with the club, and vice versa. 

btings

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 03, 2013, 05:09:52 PM

I think a loan somewhere in the PL after the MLS season ends is likely this year, he will want to keep fit for the WC.

Putney

Well deserved retirement after his prolific spell in the Champions League.

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 03, 2013, 05:10:11 PM
I don't believe it. I can only think it is for personal reasons beyond football. If true than I am  sorry for our league and sorry for the player who like many before him should have stayed at Fulham. Good luck to him.

I'm agreeing with you again.

None of this seems to make much sense to me.

Craven Mad

[Comments removed]

I thought it was funny. Still a big fan of Demps, and would happily have him back, but doesn't mean people can't engage in some light banter; he did move on for Champs League, so explain this transfer??

valdeingruo

Quote from: EJL on August 03, 2013, 05:37:52 PM
Not confirmed yet

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130802/clint-dempsey-seattle-move/

I dont buy this articles view at all, but maybe that is due to the fact that aside from being American, I support Fulham
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Craven Mad

Quote from: andersons11 on August 03, 2013, 05:54:02 PM
Quote from: EJL on August 03, 2013, 05:37:52 PM
Not confirmed yet

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130802/clint-dempsey-seattle-move/

I dont buy this articles view at all, but maybe that is due to the fact that aside from being American, I support Fulham

Spurs have confirmed it on their Twitter..

shnlwswlkr

[Comments Removed]

I feel Dempsey deserves it to for the way he treated the club and the fans, I would never like to see him back in a Fulham shirt.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr