News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham make enquiry for Esteban Granero, QPR happy to let him and Mbia go.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 08, 2013, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-show-interest-in-qpr-midfielder

Fulham have made an enquiry about QPR's Esteban Granero.

Midfielder Granero, who is wanted by Spanish clubs Real Betis and Real Sociedad, is expected to leave Loftus Road before the transfer window closes.

The R's would be happy to let him join their west London neighbours and have informed Fulham that Stephane Mbia is also available.

Rangers want to sell Mbia, bought from Marseille in January, and have received a number of approaches for him but are holding out for more money.

Granero, 26, a flagship signing a year ago, has failed to impress since arriving from Real Madrid and would welcome another chance in the Premier League.

Swansea discussed signing him earlier this summer but decided not to follow up their interest.

He could be given an opportunity to stay in London by Fulham boss Martin Jol, who this week signed QPR's Adel Taarabt on loan.

Markffc123

why are we linked with so many qphaha flops?...would much rather us go out and spend the money on chantome of psg

Brown@FFC

Happy to have Faurlin and Granero. Anyone in the last year who has played for QPR has had limited opportunities to show their talent. At a stable club, with a manager you can trust, we would see the best out of them. Would rather have Faurlin and Granero than Chantome. We need CMs, and both of them together would be better than just getting Chantome, and having Karagounis as 'creator' back up.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 08, 2013, 04:30:07 PM
Happy to have Faurlin and Granero. Anyone in the last year who has played for QPR has had limited opportunities to show their talent. At a stable club, with a manager you can trust, we would see the best out of them. Would rather have Faurlin and Granero than Chantome. We need CMs, and both of them together would be better than just getting Chantome, and having Karagounis as 'creator' back up.
It's unlikely we'll get both and Faurlin seems unattainable.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Moose on August 08, 2013, 04:46:43 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 08, 2013, 04:30:07 PM
It's unlikely we'll get both and Faurlin seems unattainable.
isnt having one pikey here bad enough. Qpr went down because they were not good enough. Doubt they have all turned into good prem players in half a pre season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jmh

Doubt any of those players are in our price range, judging from what Jol has been saying in interviews.  Would be happy to be proven wrong.

RidgeRider

With QPR, I don't think you can measure the quality of their players by the fact they were relegated as a group. It appeared to me that they lacked an 'on the pitch' leader, thus played too often played as individuals (I also saw them play some decent football but not consistently) and since they purchased so many players in such a short time, they didn't have the luxury of time to gel. They essentially moved aside many of the players that got them to the Prem and replaced them. I also think there was clearly something wrong in their strategy, and coaching.

Plucking a few and getting them into a mature, established well run club, may be just what they need. It seems most players who come to play for Fulham actually like the atmosphere at the club, so that fact alone may make these players feel they are actually IN the Prem, rather than just renting a spot for a year.

Ordar

Saying that we made first contact about Taarabt 3 weeks ago, as he mentioned in the interview, surely we would have already discussed Faurlin and Granero at the same time?

fulhamben

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 08, 2013, 04:57:18 PM
With QPR, I don't think you can measure the quality of their players by the fact they were relegated as a group. It appeared to me that they lacked an 'on the pitch' leader, thus played too often played as individuals (I also saw them play some decent football but not consistently) and since they purchased so many players in such a short time, they didn't have the luxury of time to gel. They essentially moved aside many of the players that got them to the Prem and replaced them. I also think there was clearly something wrong in their strategy, and coaching.

Plucking a few and getting them into a mature, established well run club, may be just what they need. It seems most players who come to play for Fulham actually like the atmosphere at the club, so that fact alone may make these players feel they are actually IN the Prem, rather than just renting a spot for a year.
and you are willing to gamble our premiership status on that theory are you? One championship player in this window is more than enough for me.

valdeingruo

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 05:02:06 PM

and you are willing to gamble our premiership status on that theory are you? One championship player in this window is more than enough for me.

I think they were a team assembled of players. Not players as a team. There was way too many egos in that team and they didnt gell. Yes you could argue that this was easily the worst squad in the Prem last season due to the miscommunication and disfunction in their style of play. However one or two of their players could easily fit into our squad. Whether or not we decide to go for another of their players, only time will tell.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

bmasar

So under your reasoning, if we get sent down this season, Stek, Hangeland, Berba, Ruiz, Kaca, Dejagah, Reither, etc., etc., have no value because they played for a "championship" team? Ridiculous.

Classic94

Quote from: bmasar on August 08, 2013, 05:21:29 PM

So under your reasoning, if we get sent down this season, Stek, Hangeland, Berba, Ruiz, Kaca, Dejagah, Reither, etc., etc., have no value because they played for a "championship" team? Ridiculous.

Exactly. I think we need to look at these players in isolation. Granero was once a regular at Real Madrid, and right now, he is exactly what we need. QPR was a circus last season; no player would thrive under those circumstances.

Deanothefulhamfan

Im with Fulhamben on this one.... Taraabt os more than enough from the championship.... Rhodes at an interesting price perhaps,  but we should only be looking at these sort of players as a last resort.... Granero was AWFUL, he is just not cut up for the premier league.

You wouldnt have thought we are an established premier league club with a new billionaire owner with the names we are being linked with.... We have 23 days left and I am beginning to get worried by our lack of ambition

Deanothefulhamfan

Also one more thing to add, if he isnt good enough for swansea he isnt good enough for us....We need to try and keep pace with teams like that as they are beginning to race away with quality.

fulhamben

Quote from: bmasar on August 08, 2013, 05:21:29 PM

if we get relegated  then yes, i doubt many of them would go back up to a team that claims they are looking to be top 10. remy did ok last season, taarabt did ok in 5 games, ceaser had some good games, but suggest that eveyone as a single entity are fantastic players that would improve us is quite frankly farsical. how many man of the matches did  granero get for qpr? how many times can you say he played really well last season but was held back by a poor team. there are a couple of decent players there but granero and faulin did not look good last year at all. hell wigan and reading have better individual players than some of the pikeys we are linked with, why not go for them. players that showed they had something about them, not very average players in a crap team. lets get the good players from crap teams if we are going to go for championship players

DJinNJ

Before the season is even over there are always multiple threads about which players you'd want from the potentially relegated teams, and everyone seems to have at least five names. Which makes it seem that it's generally accepted that you can't necessarily judge a player by the team he's on.  I'd be thrilled to get Granero and see what he can do at a proper club. And if it turns he really is just not cut out for the Premier League, well then it would be an unfortunate setback, but would it really be the cause of our relegation? If we do go down there will be much deeper problems than having signed two QPR players.

Another way to look at it is how sweet it would be to succeed with the same players that QPR failed with. I always think it's funny when people talk about how terrible a manager Hughes is because of what happened at QPR. If that's the case, then how well run must our club be to finish eighth under him? QPR is just a shambles, and the way I see it, their woes can be blamed primarily on Fernandes, and I wouldn't necessarily judge any of the people below him for being associated with the QPR fiasco of last season.

fulhamben

Quote from: DJinNJ on August 08, 2013, 05:55:40 PM

Before the season is even over there are always multiple threads about which players you'd want from the potentially relegated teams, and everyone seems to have at least five names. Which makes it seem that it's generally accepted that you can't necessarily judge a player by the team he's on.  I'd be thrilled to get Granero and see what he can do at a proper club. And if it turns he really is just not cut out for the Premier League, well then it would be an unfortunate setback, but would it really be the cause of our relegation? If we do go down there will be much deeper problems than having signed two QPR players.

Another way to look at it is how sweet it would be to succeed with the same players that QPR failed with. I always think it's funny when people talk about how terrible a manager Hughes is because of what happened at QPR. If that's the case, then how well run must our club be to finish eighth under him? QPR is just a shambles, and the way I see it, their woes can be blamed primarily on Fernandes, and I wouldn't necessarily judge any of the people below him for being associated with the QPR fiasco of last season.

i can not believe for one min, with ten games left to go in the prem that anyone would have said, lets get granero if qpr go down.

Fulham76

The pair of them were absolutely useless for little old rangers last season! Why would we want them? Maybe Faurlin but definately not these 2.
I hope this is untrue. We desperately need to strengthen our squad not add 2 or 3 relegated players that couldn't even stand out in a p*ss poor ha ha team. Not unless we want to join them in the championship!

MikeR

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 05:53:03 PM
...but suggest that eveyone as a single entity are fantastic players that would improve us is quite frankly farsical
No one here has suggested that all of the QPR players are fantastic or would improve us.

We got Riether and Duff from relegated squads and Senderos from a top 4 side. The point is that there are good players on bad sides and bad players on good sides. Seems simple enough to me, but I suppose others see it differently.  093.gif
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

fulhamben

Quote from: MikeR on August 08, 2013, 05:59:40 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 05:53:03 PM
...but suggest that eveyone as a single entity are fantastic players that would improve us is quite frankly farsical
No one here has suggested that all of the QPR players are fantastic or would improve us.

We got Riether and Duff from relegated squads and Senderos from a top 4 side. The point is that there are good players on bad sides and bad players on good sides. Seems simple enough to me, but I suppose others see it differently.  093.gif
so are you saying you think granero and faulin would be good additions or not?