News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham make enquiry for Esteban Granero, QPR happy to let him and Mbia go.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 08, 2013, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

To be fair Caesar was arguably the best goalkeeper in the league last year, ...... Is he still at QPR? Brazils number 1 playing in the championship... Can you imagine? Why have Arsenal not gone in for him????

fulhamben

Quote from: MikeR on August 08, 2013, 05:59:40 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 05:53:03 PM
...but suggest that eveyone as a single entity are fantastic players that would improve us is quite frankly farsical
No one here has suggested that all of the QPR players are fantastic or would improve us.

We got Riether and Duff from relegated squads and Senderos from a top 4 side. The point is that there are good players on bad sides and bad players on good sides. Seems simple enough to me, but I suppose others see it differently.  093.gif
and also whats duff and reither got to do with it? we are talking about going back in for more qpr players.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2013, 06:06:42 PM
To be fair Caesar was arguably the best goalkeeper in the league last year, ...... Is he still at QPR? Brazils number 1 playing in the championship... Can you imagine? Why have Arsenal not gone in for him????

yep i mentioned him as one of the few decent players they have.

DJinNJ

Quote from: bmasar on August 08, 2013, 05:21:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on August 08, 2013, 04:57:18 PM
With QPR, I don't think you can measure the quality of their players by the fact they were relegated as a group. It appeared to me that they lacked an 'on the pitch' leader, thus played too often played as individuals (I also saw them play some decent football but not consistently) and since they purchased so many players in such a short time, they didn't have the luxury of time to gel. They essentially moved aside many of the players that got them to the Prem and replaced them. I also think there was clearly something wrong in their strategy, and coaching.

Plucking a few and getting them into a mature, established well run club, may be just what they need. It seems most players who come to play for Fulham actually like the atmosphere at the club, so that fact alone may make these players feel they are actually IN the Prem, rather than just renting a spot for a year.
and you are willing to gamble our premiership status on that theory are you? One championship player in this window is more than enough for me.

So under your reasoning, if we get sent down this season, Stek, Hangeland, Berba, Ruiz, Kaca, Dejagah, Reither, etc., etc., have no value because they played for a "championship" team? Ridiculous.
if we get relegated  then yes, i doubt many of them would go back up to a team that claims they are looking to be top 10. remy did ok last season, taarabt did ok in 5 games, ceaser had some good games, but suggest that eveyone as a single entity are fantastic players that would improve us is quite frankly farsical. how many man of the matches did  granero get for qpr? how many times can you say he played really well last season but was held back by a poor team. there are a couple of decent players there but granero and faulin did not look good last year at all. hell wigan and reading have better individual players than some of the pikeys we are linked with, why not go for them. players that showed they had something about them, not very average players in a crap team. lets get the good players from crap teams if we are going to go for championship players

I think you've shifted the goalposts here. You said we would be risking our PL status, now you say we shouldn't sign them because we should aim for the top 10. You said more than one Championship player is enough this window, now you say Reading and Wigan players are okay. I realize you may have meant players who aren't good enough for the PL when you said Champioship players, but then it's just a matter of opinion rather than the blanket statement you were making before that we shouldn't sign QPR players. Personally, I don't think I'd take any Reading players, except maybe McCarthy, who we don't need anyway. I think we all agree that QPR has failed in quite a spectacular fashion, and I don't think that's just the rivalry speaking. It's certainly logical to suggest anyone involved with such a disaster isn't worth looking at, but there are also arguments for why the individuals shouldn't necessarily be blamed for the overall failure. And finally, no one said all QPR players were fantastic, we're saying there are some decent players who suffered in that environment.

fulhamben

Quote from: DJinNJ on August 08, 2013, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: bmasar on August 08, 2013, 05:21:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on August 08, 2013, 04:57:18 PM
With QPR, I don't think you can measure the quality of their players by the fact they were relegated as a group. It appeared to me that they lacked an 'on the pitch' leader, thus played too often played as individuals (I also saw them play some decent football but not consistently) and since they purchased so many players in such a short time, they didn't have the luxury of time to gel. They essentially moved aside many of the players that got them to the Prem and replaced them. I also think there was clearly something wrong in their strategy, and coaching.

Plucking a few and getting them into a mature, established well run club, may be just what they need. It seems most players who come to play for Fulham actually like the atmosphere at the club, so that fact alone may make these players feel they are actually IN the Prem, rather than just renting a spot for a year.
and you are willing to gamble our premiership status on that theory are you? One championship player in this window is more than enough for me.

So under your reasoning, if we get sent down this season, Stek, Hangeland, Berba, Ruiz, Kaca, Dejagah, Reither, etc., etc., have no value because they played for a "championship" team? Ridiculous.
if we get relegated  then yes, i doubt many of them would go back up to a team that claims they are looking to be top 10. remy did ok last season, taarabt did ok in 5 games, ceaser had some good games, but suggest that eveyone as a single entity are fantastic players that would improve us is quite frankly farsical. how many man of the matches did  granero get for qpr? how many times can you say he played really well last season but was held back by a poor team. there are a couple of decent players there but granero and faulin did not look good last year at all. hell wigan and reading have better individual players than some of the pikeys we are linked with, why not go for them. players that showed they had something about them, not very average players in a crap team. lets get the good players from crap teams if we are going to go for championship players

I think you've shifted the goalposts here. You said we would be risking our PL status, now you say we shouldn't sign them because we should aim for the top 10. You said more than one Championship player is enough this window, now you say Reading and Wigan players are okay. I realize you may have meant players who aren't good enough for the PL when you said Champioship players, but then it's just a matter of opinion rather than the blanket statement you were making before that we shouldn't sign QPR players. Personally, I don't think I'd take any Reading players, except maybe McCarthy, who we don't need anyway. I think we all agree that QPR has failed in quite a spectacular fashion, and I don't think that's just the rivalry speaking. It's certainly logical to suggest anyone involved with such a disaster isn't worth looking at, but there are also arguments for why the individuals shouldn't necessarily be blamed for the overall failure. And finally, no one said all QPR players were fantastic, we're saying there are some decent players who suffered in that environment.
?????? i said if we go down then not many would go to a team that was looking to be top ten. likewise if we wish to be top ten this year then faulin and granero wont cut it. and yes i said one championship player is enough, but if we are going for more then why not get the better players from reading and wigan as opposed to the crap at qpr. and are you suggesting that granero and faulin are decent players? qpr fans would dissagree with you, but what do they know

Me-ate-Live, innit??

These players took the HaHa down ........................ one is enough,any more would be daft
I hope this is paper talk.

MikeR

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 06:01:43 PM
so are you saying you think granero and faulin would be good additions or not?
At most one of them, and then only if they're cheap. Either would be behind Sidders and Boateng (and Diarra if he makes it back) but ahead of Kara and Kasami for a starting place in Jol's normal formation with two CMs. (In my opinion, of course.)
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

fulhamben

so y
Quote from: MikeR on August 08, 2013, 06:39:34 PM
At most one of them, and then only if they're cheap. Either would be behind Sidders and Boateng (and Diarra if he makes it back) but ahead of Kara and Kasami for a starting place in Jol's normal formation with two CMs. (In my opinion, of course.)
you make no sense, we need a player to push sidders to the bench, not a back up for him. so how could it be a good addition.

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2013, 06:43:01 PM
so y
Quote from: MikeR on August 08, 2013, 06:39:34 PM
you make no sense, we need a player to push sidders to the bench, not a back up for him. so how could it be a good addition.
sorry bit harsh, i didnt account for the fact that you might think the boatang sidders combo would be good for us. personally in my eyes its is no better than any combination we played and struggled with last season. we need a creative midfielder to play along side sidders or boatang

Enter the Frei

Granero cost QPR about 8 mil a year ago didn't he? Not on what I've seen of him at QPR, but on what I saw of him playing at Real Madrid he seems like a player who would suit us. Didn't adapt to the premier league well it seems and it depends how strong he is mentally as to whether he'd succeed given a second chance with us.

Cast you mind back 12 months though. If it was us being linked with an £8 million move for him from Real Madrid how excited would we all be? So why just 12 months later after one poor season at a club where everything went wrong are we so quick to say no to the same player at probably a quarter of that price. As Jol says so often sometimes you have to pick up players when they're not so good ;)

fulhamben

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 08, 2013, 07:27:26 PM
Granero cost QPR about 8 mil a year ago didn't he? Not on what I've seen of him at QPR, but on what I saw of him playing at Real Madrid he seems like a player who would suit us. Didn't adapt to the premier league well it seems and it depends how strong he is mentally as to whether he'd succeed given a second chance with us.

Cast you mind back 12 months though. If it was us being linked with an £8 million move for him from Real Madrid how excited would we all be? So why just 12 months later after one poor season at a club where everything went wrong are we so quick to say no to the same player at probably a quarter of that price. As Jol says so often sometimes you have to pick up players when they're not so good ;)
better players than him, have been successfull at other countries and flopped in england (think half of anyone chelsea have bought) and yes its one thing to buy a player from a different league and spend the time hoping they come good, but its another to buy one who has already proved it might not be the right league for him. are we that skint and that un attractive a club that we have to take a huge risk hoping it was just at qpr that he will flop, i like to think not.

Enter the Frei

I'd say it was QPR who took the huge risk in signing him for 8 mil, in todays market £2 million is next to nothing and even in his very early days at QPR he actually looked very good. Personally I think he was just dragged down by the attitude around QPR and Hughes mismanaging him.

Azeedo

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 08, 2013, 07:27:26 PM

+1 Granero was quality  at Real Madrid, common sense tells us tha RM dont recruit players with no potential, I'll be happy to have him, it will give us much needed depht in the Midfield.  Ruiz needs to compete for his spot on the starting 11, I'm so tired oh him not giving it all on everygame; if you recall his best apperances have been when is either on the bench or fighting for a spot.

Rhys Lightning 63

WHY are we being linked to such tripe? I know that with the new investment, we shouldn't be looking to sign the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, but we can do A LOT BETTER than the garbage that got Q.P.R relegated. This should be a year of PROGRESSION

Jol and Khan - SORT IT OUT!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Brown@FFC

Granero and Faurlin are good players. Anyone who says anything else doesn't know football. If we sign them, it is a progression from Sidwell and Karagounis.

The logic on this board if frightening. It seems to be if a club gets relegated, all their players are rubbish. A few examples of players who aren't: McCarthy, Maloney, Kone, McManaman, Granero, Faurlin, Cesar, Remy, McCleary, McCarthy, etc.

Considering the appalling mess QPR were last year, how do you expect the players to perform. Under the right leadership, and at a stable club, these players will show their potential. I believe if we were to sign Granero, it would be a very good signing, a great passer of the ball, with experience in training with Xabi Alonso and Kaka. Him and Bent will be good signings, yes I know I don't like Bent, and anything else will be more beneficial. You must remember, there are other players out there, we aren't just looking at QPR, there will be other rumours.

PaulJ123

If we could get Faurlin or Granero for a reasonable fee or a loan to buy deal, then I would MUCH rather either of them over Sidwell or Karagounis starting.

People saying don't get them because theyre QPR players are stupid. If theyre good for us, then I don't care where they came from (imagine turning down Lampard on a free just because he was from Chelsea).

They didn't have great seasons last year, but as part of a stable'ish team I'd like to give them a go as they are the type of player that we need.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: PaulJ123 on August 08, 2013, 08:09:28 PM
If we could get Faurlin or Granero for a reasonable fee or a loan to buy deal, then I would MUCH rather either of them over Sidwell or Karagounis starting.

People saying don't get them because theyre QPR players are stupid. If theyre good for us, then I don't care where they came from (imagine turning down Lampard on a free just because he was from Chelsea).

They didn't have great seasons last year, but as part of a stable'ish team I'd like to give them a go as they are the type of player that we need.

Someone with sense.

Chrisp

Buying talented players who are either not at their peak or not being used correctly at their club is exactly what we have and should be doing. It takes a lot more skill to spot these players and help them fulfil their potential to get back to their best.

Too many people are looking at him as a QPR player if you forget that and look at the rest of his career he'd be a great signing, in fact we probably would end up selling him onto a bigger club at a big profit

fulhamben

Quote from: PaulJ123 on August 08, 2013, 08:09:28 PM

so anyone saying they don't want those players who couldn't even shine in the worst team in the league, are stupid? Great logic that mate. Suppose cos he played well a few years back in a different country for a team that will only have 2 hard matches all year must mean he is a god. Quick lets sign the Celtic squad they all looked good last year. Surely they can reproduce that in a different league as well

Count Berbatov

At least those are midfielders
It's enough, one of them to turn out to be a good signing. Who cares how many you bought on the way . It's not a marriage ffs. Till death do you part. You can ship them out next transfer window
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"