https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bent medical with us today

Started by FFCpmd, August 15, 2013, 09:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: Chutney on August 15, 2013, 10:05:49 AM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 15, 2013, 10:00:02 AM
Why the worry about fitness? It's not as if he runs around much when playing.

Him and Berbatov together might be the laziest strike force possible ever. Its going to be a strange year.

Yippeee. 'Houston...The Scapegoat has landed.'

fulham1611

Don't really see why everyone is complaining?

The bloke is a proven premier league striker, something that we need, and for just £5m....

The last thing we need is another Andy Johnson-esque signing where we splash £13-15m on someone unproven at this level.

rusty shackleford

Im no huge fan of Bent or anything, but this is potentially a great signing.

The man knows how to score. If he gets 10+ goals for 5m will be good business (on top of berbs 15!

South Aussie

I know there is mixed emotions towards Bent but I for one would be happy to have him (a proven premier league goal scorer) compared to NOT signing any strikers this transfer window. I just hope this isn't the Imminent signing Khan was talking about. Im still hoping for Gargano.  

Fulham76

Quote from: fulham1611 on August 15, 2013, 10:16:42 AM

The bloke is a proven premier league striker, something that we need, and for just £5m....

The last thing we need is another Andy Johnson-esque signing where we splash £13-15m on someone unproven at this level.

:plus one:

SKSW6

Osvaldo is in no way worth 3 times more than Bent. Decent signing, not quite sure how he'll fit in or in what formation. Now we just need a CM and possibly a LB, and we won't have done terribly out of this window.

filham

Funny , my paper reported Bent was having a QPR medical yesterday. Someone doesn't know their way around Hammersmith Broadway.

cmg

It's an excellent signing (if it happens)....but don't for a moment think that that will stop people complaining.

rusty shackleford

Quote'Palace boss Holloway has told BBC London Darren Bent is joining Fulham today, having expected him to sign for the Eagles'

"#Fulham could wait a lot longer than we could so we've tried to force it, they've stepped in and taken our deal."

"I was told last night he was coming to us, I was told this morning he was coming to us - that's life."

Sounds like Ian is a tad bitter. I dont like him at all, not sure where he's got this media darling reputation from, just cause he cracks a few jokes during press conferences.

gerrys

Ian Holloway has just stated that Bent will sign for Fulham later today...

Ordar

I would suggest, based on Holloway's comments, that Bent wasnt the player Shad Khan was talking about earlier in the week. Bent was clearly our back up for someone hence why we were waiting it out, then when it looked like we'd lose him to Palace, we stepped in.

fulham1611

As a club, we have a history of restoring down-and-out players to their best.

Look at Bobby Z, Duff, Murphy, etc.

This signing is exactly what we need, and I can see Darren having a very successful tenure here.

He is a natural goalscorer which is very difficult to find in today's market, and so I am not too concerned with the fitness side of things at the moment. Put him infront of goal, and he will find the net more often than not.

supersimmo123

Arthur

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 15, 2013, 10:32:07 AM
Quote'Palace boss Holloway has told BBC London Darren Bent is joining Fulham today, having expected him to sign for the Eagles'

"#Fulham could wait a lot longer than we could so we've tried to force it, they've stepped in and taken our deal."

"I was told last night he was coming to us, I was told this morning he was coming to us - that's life."

Sounds like Ian is a tad bitter.

Understandable.

If we were to now negotiate the transfer of, say, Chantome and then watched as a club such as Newcastle or Everton hijacked the deal simply by agreeing to match our offer to the club and player, I imagine most of us would feel somewhat bitter.

the nutflush

Quote from: Chutney on August 15, 2013, 09:54:37 AM
Quote from: Barry White on August 15, 2013, 09:40:19 AM
I'll be happy with Bent, he's goal scoring record is good. It's good at villa too but he's just not as good as Benteke so became a bench warmer.

give him a couple of weeks and he'll be a good signing. (if he passes the infamous medical of course)

He isn't as good as Berbatov either, we play one up front, he could end up being a very expensive bench warmer for us too. Would require a complete re think in terms of formation to fit him in to the side.

We didnt play anyone up front last season.  Berbatov spent more time in the midfield than up front.  So a complete rethink was what I was hoping for.  I dont want to see us play  a 4 6 0 formation for another season.

brightster

Not a big fan of Bent BUT!
He knows how to score goals and will be in the box where we need someone to be, how many times have we crossed the ball in the box and no one is there!
He is what they used to call a poacher, can see him playing the lone striker with Berb just behind, don't know how we will fit Ruiz and Tarrab in though!
Seems like a lot of options going forward, bit worried about midfield though!

Luffy86

I'm really excited by Bet coming to Fulham, the bloke is a goal machine, not everyone's cup of tea but who cares when they know how to put the ball in the net!! I personally think that it'll be a deadly striking partnership!!, with Ruiz maybe converted to an attack minded cm.

alfie

Quote from: Chutney on August 15, 2013, 09:28:33 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 15, 2013, 09:20:19 AM
Shall I start.

Bent is unfit, he is rubbish and lost his sparkle if he can't even get into Villa. It will be weeks before he is fit anyway. OR

Medical today, results next wednesday week. OR

Medical now but the clubs ARE still in a battle over terms and fee OR

This could be the piece of the jigsaw we are waiting for.

PLEASE DELETE ALL NOT APPLICABLE

You forgot to add how underwhelming this signing is compared to osvaldo. Settling for second best.
you forgot Osvaldo may not want to come here.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Riverside

I suggest Jol is looking at

Bent
  Ruiz / Berba / Tarrabt                                                   CREATIVE / BUT NO WIDTH
      Boeteng / Parker( Gargano would be better)                 DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD
Richardson                Reither                                           PROVIDING WIDTH
     Amore / Hangeland        
           Steks

I fear for lack of width and pace.

But Kaca and Dejagah can always come on as a plan B

the nutflush

Quote from: Riverside on August 15, 2013, 11:00:47 AM
I suggest Jol is looking at

Bent
   Ruiz / Berba / Tarrabt                                                   CREATIVE / BUT NO WIDTH
       Boeteng / Parker( Gargano would be better)                 DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD
Richardson                Reither                                           PROVIDING WIDTH
      Amore / Hangeland         
            Steks

I fear for lack of width and pace.

But Kaca and Dejagah can always come on as a plan B

I would sit Ruiz on the bench and put Kaca in.  Ruiz is slow as a cart horse.  Not what we need on a wing.