watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland match on telly in US/HD no "view"........merged

Started by OHfulhamfan, August 15, 2013, 12:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHfulhamfan

I was looking at NBC Sports trying to figure out if the match was on or not. I can't figure it out.

fulhampa23

Not on live TV but it will, like all games this season, be streaming live on nbc sports live extra website http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/. The majority of major cable companies are providing this service free of charge, quite a milestone for the game in the states. The next two games will be shown live.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

OHfulhamfan

Thanks I will check it out. I prefer Fox Sports showing them on delay. If they weren't on when I could watch I could just dvr and watch when I had time.

Logicalman

NBC are carrying it LIVE at 9AM (CST) on Channel 1692 (ALT2HD) in MS on UVerse.
They are showing 4 of the matches on the ALT channels at 9, Fulham, Everton, WBA, WHU, as well as the Red Poo live at 6:40 (NBCSHD & NBCSPT), Villa on the same channel at 9, thats 6 of the 7. The only game missing is the ManUre game (or I just haven't found it yet) - but that is likely to be available on streaming stream nbcsports liveextra

mccscratch

Quote from: Logicalman on August 15, 2013, 01:15:05 PM
NBC are carrying it LIVE at 9AM (CST) on Channel 1692 (ALT2HD) in MS on UVerse.
They are showing 4 of the matches on the ALT channels at 9, Fulham, Everton, WBA, WHU, as well as the Red Poo live at 6:40 (NBCSHD & NBCSPT), Villa on the same channel at 9, thats 6 of the 7. The only game missing is the ManUre game (or I just haven't found it yet) - but that is likely to be available on streaming stream nbcsports liveextra

ManU game will be on at 1230EST on the main network NBC channel.

Every single game for the Premier League will be broadcast live in HD on DirecTV (if you have it). They will have additional sub channels added to the NBC Sports channel to cover all matches at 10am. Fulham will be shown live all season!!!  :yay:

------------------------------QUOTED-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DirecTV will offer access to NBC's Premier League Extra Time in time for the 2013-14 Premier League season, according to a report on DirecTV's website.
Premier League Extra Time is the product from NBC that will feature a slew of live matches to choose from on television that are not being televised elsewhere. Combined with a subscription to other NBC networks such as NBC, NBC Sports Network and other NBC Universal channels, the overflow channels will allow DirecTV customers to have access to all 380 Premier League matches each season.
"More than 180 matches not airing on the NBC suite of channels can be found in Premier League Extra Time, a free package of EPL matches available to DIRECTV customers with CHOICE XTRA package and above," read the message on DirecTV's support website. "The Premier League Extra Time channel range has yet to be announced and will be available in HD only."
If true, this is outstanding news for soccer fans in the United States.
While DirecTV didn't mention whether the TV provider would also offer its customers access to NBC Sports Live Extra, the free app (with a subscription to NBC Sports Network) that will offer all 380 games live and online via the web, smart phone or tablet devices, the chances are very likely that DirecTV will offer it if they're offering Premier League Extra Time. There's no cost to DirecTV to have them add NBC Sports Live Extra for its customers.
More news is expected from NBC this coming week.
Have questions about NBC's coverage of the EPL for the upcoming season? Read our article regarding everything you need to know about NBC's coverage plans. And here's what you can expect from Premier League Extra Time.
Thanks to World Soccer Talk reader Lee McKenzie for the news tip.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

OHfulhamfan

I have Time Warner and I don't see it in my local listings. I will call them and see what they say. thanks for the help.

mccscratch

Quote from: OHfulhamfan on August 15, 2013, 02:03:15 PM
I have Time Warner and I don't see it in my local listings. I will call them and see what they say. thanks for the help.

I will save you the call... yes it will be airing on TWC too if you have a high enough level subscription... (think if you get NBC Sports Net you will be fine).

They just have not announced the channel place holders yet on any of the cable and satellite providers... NBC will be providing a phone app that will tell you what channel it will be shown live on for your system and area.

First State

Quote from: fulhampa23 on August 15, 2013, 12:48:11 PM
Not on live TV but it will, like all games this season, be streaming live on nbc sports live extra website http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/. The majority of major cable companies are providing this service free of charge, quite a milestone for the game in the states. The next two games will be shown live.

Outstanding news!

rusty shackleford

Is there any way to trick my computer into thinking its from USA and seeing all the streams?

Im pretty sure there is

mccscratch

Quote from: Fightin Blue Hens on August 15, 2013, 02:17:39 PM
Quote from: fulhampa23 on August 15, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Outstanding news!

Obviously some prefer the live stream but I do want you guys to understand that it will indeed be shown on live TV (as will every match this season) on most major cable and satellite systems if you already receive NBC Sports Network in your TV package... On game day the 10am matches will show up on sub channels and will be shown live and in high def.

mccscratch

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 15, 2013, 02:19:02 PM
Is there any way to trick my computer into thinking its from USA and seeing all the streams?

Im pretty sure there is

The issue is you would need a US cable/sat provider log in to go along with a proxy server in the USA... that could get tricky. All streamed matches will need to be unlocked at a security gate with a cable/sat provider log-in.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: mccscratch on August 15, 2013, 02:22:29 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 15, 2013, 02:19:02 PM

Im pretty sure there is

The issue is you would need a US cable/sat provider log in to go along with a proxy server in the USA... that could get tricky. All streamed matches will need to be unlocked at a security gate with a cable/sat provider log-in.

Ahh right.

I know its pretty easily done for Al Jazeera. Hopefully at least it means the stream quality on those pay-per-stream sites improves

Flummer23

Don't know about the States, but if there are any other Canadians interested it's the first game of the day on Sportsnet World (10am EDT).
It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

OHfulhamfan

Thanks for the info. about Time Warner. Yes I do pay extra for the sports tier so I get every sports channel they offer. Sounds like I will be fine. I hope they announce the channels ahead of time. Often I don' get up in time for the live games, so I dvr and watch when I get up. Now that we have how to watch more less under control, let's hurrp up and get a striker, cm, and lb signed pronto so we have something worth watching.

It seems like we get better coverage here in The States then folks in the UK get, is that correct?

jarv

Logicalman, good work. I have tried to navigate nbc site but found it very difficult....I will re-read your comment to see if it helps me here in the Boston area. Keep this thread everyone alive as I don't have time today to investigate further. Will check for updates information. Anyone specific about Boston area???

IranianCottager

^ I live in Boston too, I have Fios, what's your cable provider?

mccscratch

Quote from: OHfulhamfan on August 15, 2013, 03:27:13 PM
Thanks for the info. about Time Warner. Yes I do pay extra for the sports tier so I get every sports channel they offer. Sounds like I will be fine. I hope they announce the channels ahead of time. Often I don' get up in time for the live games, so I dvr and watch when I get up. Now that we have how to watch more less under control, let's hurrp up and get a striker, cm, and lb signed pronto so we have something worth watching.

It seems like we get better coverage here in The States then folks in the UK get, is that correct?

yes there was a Yahoo piece a few days ago on that very subject... How archaic it was that the 3pm start time games are blacked out to protect the football league...

If you have a major carrier like DirecTV, Xfinity/Comcast, Time Warner, Brighthouse etc and pay for any sort of sports additional programming you will get all 360 matches...

I am already salivating, I will post a picture of my Saturday morning set-up later today... all matches going at once!

hesedmedia

I'm having a tough time figuring out TWC's system for this, figured I'd post this support chat email transcript I just endured:

[10:22:17 AM] Bert > Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Bert. Please give me a moment while I access your account.
[10:23:28 AM] Bert > I will be glad to assist you with the information and will check the same for you.
[10:23:29 AM] Bert > Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.

[10:23:39 AM] Ward > No problem.
[10:24:04 AM] Bert > I understand your concern.
[10:27:39 AM] Bert > I am checking this information for you.
[10:29:41 AM] Bert > We have a special department to handle this issue .
[10:29:41 AM] Bert > I will be glad to guide you to the right support.

[10:29:50 AM] Bert > Please wait,while I transfer this chat to the right department.
[10:30:01 AM] Bert > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
[10:30:15 AM] Sarah R. > Hello, please give me a moment to read over the previous Chat.
[10:32:26 AM] Sarah R. > NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app is what you are referring to, correct?
[10:33:01 AM] Ward > I would like to know the answers to two questions:
[10:33:44 AM] Ward > 1. Is TWC yet allowing subscribers access to the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app?
[10:35:23 AM] Sarah R. > We do not currently offer the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app.
[10:36:23 AM] Ward > 2. Will all Barclay's Premier League games for 2013/2014 be aired over cable, and if so, on which channels (numbers) for me specifically, and is there some method by which I could see which games will air on which channels?
[10:40:12 AM] Sarah R. > Yes, if you have the Soccer networks. We have the TWC Sports Pass that holds Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus.
[10:43:01 AM] Sarah R. > The Fox Soccer channel is available out of the Pass on channel 318 and 1318 on all packages, as well.
[10:44:30 AM] Sarah R. > Are you still there? This chat will close automatically after two minutes of inactivity.
[10:44:44 AM] Ward > Fox Soccer and Plus won't carry Premier League games this year. The Premier League cut a major deal with NBC to air all the games over NBC Sports Network, it was kind of a major news item when it occurred. I'm asking if, since the Live Extra app which would otherwise carry the games not covered on the main NBC Sports Network channel is not available, there are other channels set up to carry the other games broadcast by NBC Sports Network that aren't on their main NBCSN channel (1323, I think). Yes, I'm still here.
[10:51:08 AM] Sarah R. > According to NBC, the matches will air on NBC(4), NBC Sports Network (323, 1323), and Telemundo(803). The championship matches next year will be held on NBCUniversal/World (358).
[10:53:49 AM] Ward > Ok. Thanks. I'd like to cancel service. Can you connect me to whomever handles that?
[10:54:29 AM] Sarah R. > Unfortunately, Account Services does not operate through Chat. You will need to contact them via phone at 8668920019.
[10:55:30 AM] Sarah R. > Do you have any further questions or concerns for me today?
[10:55:55 AM] Ward > Nope. Thanks.
[10:56:02 AM] Sarah R. > Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable via chat. Have a wonderful day!

So. I don't know if that means we'll only have the game that's on NBCSN, but that's what it sounds like. Then again, this lady appeared to think that Fox Soccer was still carrying the PL.

mccscratch

Quote from: hesedmedia on August 15, 2013, 04:03:56 PM
I'm having a tough time figuring out TWC's system for this, figured I'd post this support chat email transcript I just endured:

[10:22:17 AM] Bert > Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Bert. Please give me a moment while I access your account.
[10:23:28 AM] Bert > I will be glad to assist you with the information and will check the same for you.

[10:29:50 AM] Bert > Please wait,while I transfer this chat to the right department.
[10:30:01 AM] Bert > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
[10:30:15 AM] Sarah R. > Hello, please give me a moment to read over the previous Chat.
[10:32:26 AM] Sarah R. > NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app is what you are referring to, correct?
[10:33:44 AM] Ward > 1. Is TWC yet allowing subscribers access to the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app?
[10:35:23 AM] Sarah R. > We do not currently offer the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app.
[10:36:23 AM] Ward > 2. Will all Barclay's Premier League games for 2013/2014 be aired over cable, and if so, on which channels (numbers) for me specifically, and is there some method by which I could see which games will air on which channels?
[10:40:12 AM] Sarah R. > Yes, if you have the Soccer networks. We have the TWC Sports Pass that holds Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus.
[10:43:01 AM] Sarah R. > The Fox Soccer channel is available out of the Pass on channel 318 and 1318 on all packages, as well.
[10:44:30 AM] Sarah R. > Are you still there? This chat will close automatically after two minutes of inactivity.
[10:44:44 AM] Ward > Fox Soccer and Plus won't carry Premier League games this year. The Premier League cut a major deal with NBC to air all the games over NBC Sports Network, it was kind of a major news item when it occurred. I'm asking if, since the Live Extra app which would otherwise carry the games not covered on the main NBC Sports Network channel is not available, there are other channels set up to carry the other games broadcast by NBC Sports Network that aren't on their main NBCSN channel (1323, I think). Yes, I'm still here.
[10:51:08 AM] Sarah R. > According to NBC, the matches will air on NBC(4), NBC Sports Network (323, 1323), and Telemundo(803). The championship matches next year will be held on NBCUniversal/World (358).
[10:53:49 AM] Ward > Ok. Thanks. I'd like to cancel service. Can you connect me to whomever handles that?
[10:54:29 AM] Sarah R. > Unfortunately, Account Services does not operate through Chat. You will need to contact them via phone at 8668920019.
[10:55:30 AM] Sarah R. > Do you have any further questions or concerns for me today?
[10:56:02 AM] Sarah R. > Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable via chat. Have a wonderful day!

So. I don't know if that means we'll only have the game that's on NBCSN, but that's what it sounds like. Then again, this lady appeared to think that Fox Soccer was still carrying the PL.

Please just trust me when I tell you this... That customer service rep along with just about every other rep has no clue...

You will get all the matches if you have TWC and get the NBC Sports Network currently with your package... There will be sub channels that show up in your guide on the day of matches... unfortunately nobody has been able to figure out what those channel numbers will be yet but they will be there... I can promise you with 100% certainty.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/08/08/time-warner-adds-premier-league-extra-time-but-no-go-on-nbc-sports-live-extra/

hesedmedia

Quote from: mccscratch on August 15, 2013, 04:10:25 PM
Quote from: hesedmedia on August 15, 2013, 04:03:56 PM

Please just trust me when I tell you this... That customer service rep along with just about every other rep has no clue...

You will get all the matches if you have TWC and get the NBC Sports Network currently with your package... There will be sub channels that show on the day of matches... unfortunately nobody has been able to figure out what those channel numbers will be yet but they will be there... I can promise you with 100% certainty.

Well, that's a fair bit of certainty. I'll take it. Will you post on the board if you discover how to find the channel numbers?