watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland match on telly in US/HD no "view"........merged

Started by OHfulhamfan, August 15, 2013, 12:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brixology

I am in Tampa and have Fios.  I went through the guide last night and NBC Sports has a bunch of slots set aside for "Match of the Day" and "English Premier League Soccer" with no further description.  I am guessing that I will be watching on my computer this week whilst trying to decipher how this is going to work with NBC.  Anyone have any Fios-specific insight?

Edited to add: just read the TWC explanation.  Same for FIOS, presumably.  First week is looking like quite the adventure.

mccscratch

Quote from: brixology on August 15, 2013, 04:19:37 PM
I am in Tampa and have Fios.  I went through the guide last night and NBC Sports has a bunch of slots set aside for "Match of the Day" and "English Premier League Soccer" with no further description.  I am guessing that I will be watching on my computer this week whilst trying to decipher how this is going to work with NBC.  Anyone have any Fios-specific insight?

Fios is going to offer the matches live on TV as well... NBC is putting out a channel finder app tomorrow supposedly that you will enter your zip code and provider and it will tell you what matches will be on what channels...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

mccscratch

For DirecTV subscribers... I have confirmed that the BPL overflow channels will be 491-494 this week with the Fulham match on 492...

These channels can only be accessed if you have HD box and subscribe to a tier that gives you NBC Sportsnetwork... (total choice or better)

jmh

Quote from: brixology on August 15, 2013, 04:19:37 PM

Edited to add: just read the TWC explanation.  Same for FIOS, presumably.  First week is looking like quite the adventure.
I noticed all those listings on my TWC lineup for this weekend as well.  I think the right way to handle it is to just go to the local sports bar for some morning sports and beer.

Logicalman

I know this sounds like teaching grandma to suck eggs, but it might be useful for those who don't know how to suck such eggs.

I found the ALT channels, simply by going to the search facility for my provider (on the TV) and putting in each of the Prem Team names (starting with Fulham of course) and noting down the channels they are being broadcast on. Add those channels to a favorites list, and it'll save you searching around week-in and week-out perhaps.

So, for AT&T UVerse, see my previous posts.

If you each want to provide details on this thread, for the separate providers/areas/states, I will collate them and add them as a sticky on the MB this weekend.

YankeeJim

Anybody know what Dish Network will do with this? Will the new NBC channel be included?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

mccscratch

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 15, 2013, 06:31:48 PM
Anybody know what Dish Network will do with this? Will the new NBC channel be included?

If your current subscription to DISH Network allows you to watch channel 159 (which is NBC Sportsnetwork) then you will see the over flow channels in the guide somewhere on Saturday morning. You will get all the games.

OHfulhamfan

Quote from: hesedmedia on August 15, 2013, 04:03:56 PM
I'm having a tough time figuring out TWC's system for this, figured I'd post this support chat email transcript I just endured:

[10:22:17 AM] Bert > Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Bert. Please give me a moment while I access your account.
[10:23:28 AM] Bert > I will be glad to assist you with the information and will check the same for you.
[10:23:29 AM] Bert > Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.

[10:23:39 AM] Ward > No problem.
[10:24:04 AM] Bert > I understand your concern.
[10:27:39 AM] Bert > I am checking this information for you.
[10:29:41 AM] Bert > We have a special department to handle this issue .
[10:29:41 AM] Bert > I will be glad to guide you to the right support.

[10:29:50 AM] Bert > Please wait,while I transfer this chat to the right department.
[10:30:01 AM] Bert > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
[10:30:15 AM] Sarah R. > Hello, please give me a moment to read over the previous Chat.
[10:32:26 AM] Sarah R. > NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app is what you are referring to, correct?
[10:33:01 AM] Ward > I would like to know the answers to two questions:
[10:33:44 AM] Ward > 1. Is TWC yet allowing subscribers access to the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app?
[10:35:23 AM] Sarah R. > We do not currently offer the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app.
[10:36:23 AM] Ward > 2. Will all Barclay's Premier League games for 2013/2014 be aired over cable, and if so, on which channels (numbers) for me specifically, and is there some method by which I could see which games will air on which channels?
[10:40:12 AM] Sarah R. > Yes, if you have the Soccer networks. We have the TWC Sports Pass that holds Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus.
[10:43:01 AM] Sarah R. > The Fox Soccer channel is available out of the Pass on channel 318 and 1318 on all packages, as well.
[10:44:30 AM] Sarah R. > Are you still there? This chat will close automatically after two minutes of inactivity.
[10:44:44 AM] Ward > Fox Soccer and Plus won't carry Premier League games this year. The Premier League cut a major deal with NBC to air all the games over NBC Sports Network, it was kind of a major news item when it occurred. I'm asking if, since the Live Extra app which would otherwise carry the games not covered on the main NBC Sports Network channel is not available, there are other channels set up to carry the other games broadcast by NBC Sports Network that aren't on their main NBCSN channel (1323, I think). Yes, I'm still here.
[10:51:08 AM] Sarah R. > According to NBC, the matches will air on NBC(4), NBC Sports Network (323, 1323), and Telemundo(803). The championship matches next year will be held on NBCUniversal/World (358).
[10:53:49 AM] Ward > Ok. Thanks. I'd like to cancel service. Can you connect me to whomever handles that?
[10:54:29 AM] Sarah R. > Unfortunately, Account Services does not operate through Chat. You will need to contact them via phone at 8668920019.
[10:55:30 AM] Sarah R. > Do you have any further questions or concerns for me today?
[10:55:55 AM] Ward > Nope. Thanks.
[10:56:02 AM] Sarah R. > Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable via chat. Have a wonderful day!

So. I don't know if that means we'll only have the game that's on NBCSN, but that's what it sounds like. Then again, this lady appeared to think that Fox Soccer was still carrying the PL.

So typical, Time Warner has terrible customer service.

YankeeJim

Quote from: mccscratch on August 15, 2013, 07:13:21 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 15, 2013, 06:31:48 PM

If your current subscription to DISH Network allows you to watch channel 159 (which is NBC Sportsnetwork) then you will see the over flow channels in the guide somewhere on Saturday morning. You will get all the games.

Thanks!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Our cable and satellite providers haven't sorted out their procedures for "carrying all matches live" so I won't be able to watch the match. I hope to catch the first half with GJ before I depart to teach a "voice over" class.

I look forward to seeing the many top quality match reviews that are posted here. As soon as my local Time Warner Cable affiliate gets its scheisse suzammen, I'll be posting again.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

btings

We don't have TWC here, but from all the people I know who have it, I wonder if there is a worse company in America.

hesedmedia

Quote from: btings on August 16, 2013, 08:43:12 PM
We don't have TWC here, but from all the people I know who have it, I wonder if there is a worse company in America.

Monsanto, maybe, but it's a close run thing.

Holders

You can be sure that GJ will have his Scheisse zusammen! I shall be listening to his unbiased, dispassionate and objective commentary at work.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mccscratch

Quote from: HatterDon on August 16, 2013, 08:40:29 PM
Our cable and satellite providers haven't sorted out their procedures for "carrying all matches live" so I won't be able to watch the match. I hope to catch the first half with GJ before I depart to teach a "voice over" class.

I look forward to seeing the many top quality match reviews that are posted here. As soon as my local Time Warner Cable affiliate gets its scheisse suzammen, I'll be posting again.

HD... are you 100% certain Time Warner does not have the match? It was my understanding that they have indeed assigned additional channels for the overflow 3pm GMT matches... I have not heard from any of my friends with Time Warner that it will be an issue... the new channels should show up in the guide tonight after midnight and just do search in the guide for "Fulham"...

Also... if you get NBC Sports Network through Time Warner you can go to NBC Sports Networks website for the premier league and access it there for free simply by entering your Time Warner Cable credentials (login creds for paying your bill online).

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

timmyg

Don, highly recommend you (and anyone stateside really) to use this tool to lookup these ExtraTime overflow channels: http://www.nbcsports.com/ExtraTime
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Azeedo

Don't worry friend I will cover, I can see it now  "The View from North Carolina"  Tico edition lol

hesedmedia

Quote from: timmyg on August 16, 2013, 09:34:43 PM
Don, highly recommend you (and anyone stateside really) to use this tool to lookup these ExtraTime overflow channels: http://www.nbcsports.com/ExtraTime

According to this, TWC won't be showing all the games. Hopefully it's wrong.

bmasar

NBC Sports Extra Time channel finder is now live:

http://www.nbcsports.com/extratime

They have a link to the app there as well. Didn't work for me because I think my cable provider is still getting it sorted out.

bmasar

You may still be able to use NBC Sports Live Extra to stream the match live.

HatterDon

Quote from: mccscratch on August 16, 2013, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 16, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

HD... are you 100% certain Time Warner does not have the match? It was my understanding that they have indeed assigned additional channels for the overflow 3pm GMT matches... I have not heard from any of my friends with Time Warner that it will be an issue... the new channels should show up in the guide tonight after midnight and just do search in the guide for "Fulham"...

Also... if you get NBC Sports Network through Time Warner you can go to NBC Sports Networks website for the premier league and access it there for free simply by entering your Time Warner Cable credentials (login creds for paying your bill online).

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

TWC has agreed with NBC, but that doesn't make channels available automatically at all of their outlets. This may be the only weekend without the full package, but we don't have it this weekend. As for surfing for Fulham, the ONLY Saturday match scheduled that actually lists the teams is the early match. It'll take some teething.

And, I would be watching it online, except, as I said, I have to disappear around half time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel