watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reply from Club regarding new TV gantry/eyesore/obstacle

Started by HammyH3, August 28, 2013, 08:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammyH3

I received this unsatisfactory reply to my complaint to the club.
Have many of us written to complain or are we working on the lukewarm response to the 'Petition'?

We appreciate your feedback and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and upset that was caused by the addition of this camera position at the Arsenal game.

New broadcast regulations were presented to all clubs for season 13/14 and these required us to add a mandatory camera position in a central area of the Johnny Haynes Stand.

We have worked hard to find a better solution, and discussed many options with the Premier League, none of which they found acceptable. We are still investigating alternative options and remain in discussions to find what we hope will be a better solution that adheres to the mandatory regulations.

Discussions remain ongoing and we will be in touch again in the very near future, both to inform you of any developments and where necessary to discuss your own circumstances and options for the remainder of the season. Please be assured that we are approaching this matter as a priority and we will represent the views and needs of our fans as we look towards our next home game, on September 14.

If you require any further information or assistance at this time, please contact our Supporter Relations Department on 0843 208 1222 (option 4)

Thanks for your continued support

Tommy Guthrie
Supporter Relations Manager

MJG

I still would.like to know who asked for a camera in that position.
I don't believe in negotiations with TV companies that the Prem Lge said they would.put a camera there. BT/SKY/NBC someone asked for it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Humbled

is it for every game or just the ones on BT Sports? I am assuming every game if it is claimed to be a Premier League requirement....

The Doctor

I can only reiterate what I've said on another thread.  Keep the pressure on FFC and the PL.  Reply to the email.  Let them know that the issue isn't going away until an acceptable solution is found

MJG

Quote from: Humbled on August 28, 2013, 08:14:37 PM
is it for every game or just the ones on BT Sports? I am assuming every game if it is claimed to be a Premier League requirement....
its a permanent fixture.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

btings

I suspect this was a condition NBC attached to their massive bid to the league.

colinb

The story was also covered in both the Torygraph and The Sunday Times over the weekend but I'm having trouble finding links. The latter also mentioned problems at other clubs.

HammyH3

I'd be interested to know how many Fulham fans have actually complained in writing to the club.
Not enough for sure.

Daffy

What is unsatisfactory about that response? They are working on your behalf to resolve it and have promised to keep you informed. If they can't get the thing taken down it sounds like they will offer you a reduction or other options. I don't like what has happened and feel for you, but the club are at least trying.

filham

Surely, as a minimum, the club should immediately  offer alternative seats with unrestricted views to those affected.

filham

Surely , as a minimum, the club should immediately offer alternative seats with unrestricted views to those affected. Have they not done this?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: filham on August 28, 2013, 10:02:32 PM
Surely , as a minimum, the club should immediately offer alternative seats with unrestricted views to those affected. Have they not done this?

People have sat in the same seats for years and years in some of the most expensive seats in the house.  It,  to a greater or lesser extent  has ruined the view for about three hundred season ticket holders. In the back of  F block  and G , some of those fan have sat there for years and years they have paid a premium price,  because they want to watch the game from the half way line ................... moving is not an option. I would not like to suggest to them that they should move, frankly it is outrageous.
This is 2013 why do they need  a man to sit in a cherry picker looking at a static camera  ????
I would be very surprised if the people,badly effected,  would  accept financial compensation ...................... I could be wrong.

chiefo

Quote from: colinb on August 28, 2013, 10:01:47 PM
Here we go; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10266971/Premier-League-fans-have-been-put-out-of-the-picture-by-3D-cameras.html
Winter has summed it up perfectly for me in this article. But then when it comes to the billions pumped into our sport it is only when we stay at home and watch the game on these "super tv productions" will things change. Jesus wept, what next? And all this on top of increased costs of going to the bloody game. As per the paying fan is just canon fodder.

Andy S

In this Day and age when cameras can be made very small and do a good job like the ones behind the goal surely an alternative can be found. The new goal ine technology does not involve cameras of this size

ash

Another problem with modern football. Football is rapidly becoming more and more of a joke.  :54:

ron

I have to admit that I haven't seen the gantry, or witnessed the obstruction it presents to the premium seats in the stand. But shame on the club if it consented easily to the addition of the gantry in the full knowledge that its devoted ticket holders were to be disadvantaged in this way.

Sometimes it becomes very difficult to support organisations whose interest in your presence extends only to the cash you pay rather than your enjoyment of the occasion they provide.

The time is surely approaching to boycott those who seek to plunder sport for the cash it can throw up, and treat the genuine supporters with contempt as it does so. Who knows, by ditching Sky, etc. we might even improve the quality of British football as a by-product, with Premier clubs filtering cash down the pyramid, rather that blowing Sky (etc.) monopoly money on inflated-price foreigners on preposterous wages.

Joe McDonald

Shame on the club?

BS! 

The club tried to come up with a raft of other options, that were all rejected by the Premier League, and their wish to sell their 'product' around the world.  Like it or not, the game is global, with more international fans watching around the globe than actually attend games.  This is where the money is made.  This is where the money comes from to pay our players wages etc.  As much as it pains me to say it, we can't have it all ways.  We can't take all the riches the Premier League offers and yet still remain as if we are a lower league club.

nose

Quote from: KCat on August 28, 2013, 10:40:29 PM
Quote from: filham on August 28, 2013, 10:02:32 PM

People have sat in the same seats for years and years in some of the most expensive seats in the house.  It,  to a greater or lesser extent  has ruined the view for about three hundred season ticket holders. In the back of  F block  and G , some of those fan have sat there for years and years they have paid a premium price,  because they want to watch the game from the half way line ................... moving is not an option. I would not like to suggest to them that they should move, frankly it is outrageous.
This is 2013 why do they need  a man to sit in a cherry picker looking at a static camera  ????
I would be very surprised if the people,badly effected,  would  accept financial compensation ...................... I could be wrong.

You are describing me in your reply. I have sat in my seat, the same seat for 50+ years, always as a season ticket holder, all divisions, all qualities of play. They have just ruined the view for hundreds, possibly more than a thousand people (I tried to do some arithmetic but the the 3D geometry defeated me, but using a series of iterative approximations I came to 1000+ affected and quite few hundred badly affected).
I cannot conceive what the club were thinking of when they allowed, ....when they allowed' that camera to be put in place.
The PL and TV companies will give way because what they are requesting is not feasible without ruining the ganme for so many inoccent parties. I honestly do not think the club have really understood what they have done. The fact they waited till that Thursday to write indicates they didn't want anyone to have a chance to come have a look in advance and they were just hoping we 'might not notice' on the day.

I have never seen so many angry people at Fulham, never!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Joe McDonald on August 29, 2013, 09:46:46 AM
Shame on the club?

BS! 

The club tried to come up with a raft of other options, that were all rejected by the Premier League, and their wish to sell their 'product' around the world.  Like it or not, the game is global, with more international fans watching around the globe than actually attend games.  This is where the money is made.  This is where the money comes from to pay our players wages etc.  As much as it pains me to say it, we can't have it all ways.  We can't take all the riches the Premier League offers and yet still remain as if we are a lower league club.

Yes, shame on the club! It was the club who made the decision to email season ticket holders 2 days beforehand to tell them that they may now have a restricted view seat, instead of advising them before they bought the tickets. Both the PL and the club are very much in the wrong here.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc