more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Embarrassing

Started by flirpit, August 30, 2013, 09:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flirpit

From NUFC.com...

Saturday sees Fulham provide the opposition at SJP against a Newcastle side looking for a first home league win - and goals - in five attempts.

Kickoff is at 3pm and tickets remain on public sale. NB: tickets for the Steve Harper Testimonial can't be bought in person at the ground on Saturday (these are only on sale in person from Monday-Friday).

Update: due to the small number of Fulham fans travelling, a large part of the away section in L7 will be cordoned off and made available for home supporters.

Tickets for this area are on sale now, priced at £20 adults, £5 concessions. The matchday box office opens at 9am.
@garthurabbott

Jamie88

....oh we are pathetic .......

Jimpav

It's cringeworthy that we have so few fans wanting to spend a huge amount of cash on travel to Newcastle after shelling out for the second longest away trip two weeks before.

grandad

Last time I went to Newcastle the Football Special rail fare was 19/6d. I was on a weekly wage of £4. Forget how much the entrance was but the day cost me 30% of my wages. The players used the same train & played cards with us on the way back.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JBH

Worst ground in the premiership for away fans been twice never again you have to take binoculars to see the pitch let alone the players

Lighthouse

With our new attacking line up away from home the fans will soon feel its worth watching and spending money on the Fulham entertainment machine.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Cheeky monkeys. Were these tickets £27 to us originally?
I baled out of this long haul in favour of a weekend in Liverpool for the game in November so good luck to everybody going.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The away stand is in Leeds .............................
Flirpit.  I am so glad you are going and  I will thInk of you  at 2:30 CLIMBING UP THOSE FRIGGING STAIRS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EJL

Quote from: JBH on August 30, 2013, 10:45:25 PM
Worst ground in the premiership for away fans been twice never again you have to take binoculars to see the pitch let alone the players
Yep.  I went to St James' when Kamara scored the only goal in a 1-0 win; I could hardly see anything.

King_Crud

I was all primed to make this an away trip this season......and they had to put it on in summer when I'm still playing cricket.

Ordar

Worst away fan experience in the country, and it's not close. I don't blame people for not wanting to go there, especially given recent performances, and having played Sunderland away as our only other away game.

Logicalman

.. and some on here are surprised? why?

Count Berbatov

Do other away teams sell out theirs? Then it's plain embarrassing
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Alan_C

Doesn't embarrass me. During the Adams promotion era I went to over 10 away games including Hartlepool, Hull, Rochdale Wigan and Carlisle. Life was different I was younger commitments on time and money were different. I would say with the exception of Rochdale (I seem to recall it was midweek) our numbers matched that of the premier years. Football itself was different. I go to one or two away games a season (Last year arsenal and Norwich)

Of those who are embarrassed how many of you are actually going?

After 40 years or so of following Fulham at home and occasionally away I don't need other clubs to affirm or otherwise my support of Fulham. Nor should you.

epsomraver

Quote from: Alan_C on August 31, 2013, 09:47:45 AM
Doesn't embarrass me. During the Adams promotion era I went to over 10 away games including Hartlepool, Hull, Rochdale Wigan and Carlisle. Life was different I was younger commitments on time and money were different. I would say with the exception of Rochdale (I seem to recall it was midweek) our numbers matched that of the premier years. Football itself was different. I go to one or two away games a season (Last year arsenal and Norwich)

After 40 years or so of following Fulham at home and occasionally away I don't need other clubs to affirm or otherwise my support of Fulham. Nor should you.

Well said Mate

Travers Barney

Been loads of times...can't see the game from our location  so don't go nowadays.

Coyw
We are the whites

Fulham76

Quote from: flirpit on August 30, 2013, 09:43:37 PM
From NUFC.com...

Saturday sees Fulham provide the opposition at SJP against a Newcastle side looking for a first home league win - and goals - in five attempts.

Kickoff is at 3pm and tickets remain on public sale. NB: tickets for the Steve Harper Testimonial can't be bought in person at the ground on Saturday (these are only on sale in person from Monday-Friday).

Update: due to the small number of Fulham fans travelling, a large part of the away section in L7 will be cordoned off and made available for home supporters.

Tickets for this area are on sale now, priced at £20 adults, £5 concessions. The matchday box office opens at 9am.

Until the team start to show up away from home I don't see why we should make the long expensive trip up to watch us barey compete & most probably lose.
I'm not embarrassed at all.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: epsomraver on August 31, 2013, 09:58:49 AM
Quote from: Alan_C on August 31, 2013, 09:47:45 AM

Well said Mate
Couldn't have stated it better :plus one:

The Old Count

I'm a mile from SJP. Got tickets and sitting with a couple of toon mates.

Hope I can control myself when we score.

sipwell

Quote from: The Old Count on August 31, 2013, 11:46:12 AM
Hope I can control myself when we score.

Correction: Hope I can control myself IF we score.

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!