more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Petric signs for Hammers

Started by The Old Count, September 10, 2013, 11:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: JBH on September 10, 2013, 11:57:02 AM
If its anything like the time he spent at FFC he will see more of the physios room than he does the pitch

That is untrue, please stick to facts

epsomraver

Quote from: Ruiz11 on September 10, 2013, 04:15:17 PM
He'll only play while Carroll is injured, but I think he'll be a good signing.

As Carroll is yet again injured that will be often then.

Brown@FFC

Petric was useless, and I feel sorry for West Ham fans. When he got game time, he was lazy and ineffective.

epsomraver

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 10, 2013, 04:48:43 PM
Petric was useless, and I feel sorry for West Ham fans. When he got game time, he was lazy and ineffective.

No he wasn't, he had a great preseason and a good start until he got Jolled, you watch he will come back and bite us right in the arse(nal) mark my words

Brown@FFC

Quote from: epsomraver on September 10, 2013, 04:55:32 PM

No he wasn't, he had a great preseason and a good start until he got Jolled, you watch he will come back and bite us right in the arse(nal) mark my words

This isn't an opinion. Whenever he came on, he was lazy and ineffective.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 10, 2013, 05:00:10 PM

He was ineffective because he was given 10 minutes to play every 6 or so matches. How can you be effective with that? People seem to hold his unfortunate goal line miss, yes he should have put it away, but he was no where near match fit, mentally wise.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Brown@FFC

Quote from: andersons11 on September 10, 2013, 05:02:15 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 10, 2013, 05:00:10 PM

He was ineffective because he was given 10 minutes to play every 6 or so matches. How can you be effective with that? People seem to hold his unfortunate goal line miss, yes he should have put it away, but he was no where near match fit, mentally wise.

Rodallega had little game time, but you can see the effort he put in. Petric looked slow, and you can see it from his record.

Count Berbatov

Coming from the bench and starting games - two different things . Petric would have been a great starter, and still but just an ok sub

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

The Bronsons

Humbled

Quote from: General on September 10, 2013, 01:10:22 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 10, 2013, 12:37:03 PM
We are the only club he has been at where he didn't hit the heights that he is used to.

Which indicates that either he is past his best, or he will start banging them in for WHU.

Umm if I'm right he played considerably less games and was our joint second top scorer the season he was with us. I'm not sure him not hitting the same heights is because he was bad.

when Petric played he took the penalties didn't he? (well when Berba wasn't here)
had Petric took all the pens and scored he would have been our top scorer wouldn't he?

Fulham76

Quote from: The Old Count on September 10, 2013, 11:44:57 AM
Be intersting to see how he does.  Will Allardyce get more out of him than Jol.

I thought he started really well for us but got left out as Jol fell more & more & more in love with Berbatov.

epsomraver

Starter for Hamburg, scored twice and made one against Norwich and scored one of the best free kicks at the Cottage and soon as he is Jolled  he is useless? fp.gif

Putney

It's amazing how people look for any opportunity to slate Martin Jol.

Roberty

Exactly, the facts get overlooked on here sometimes if it does not fit the posters personal agenda.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

Quote from: epsomraver on September 10, 2013, 06:30:33 PM
Starter for Hamburg, scored twice and made one against Norwich and scored one of the best free kicks at the Cottage and soon as he is Jolled  he is useless? fp.gif

Is that true? I thought he was injured.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 10, 2013, 12:05:00 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on September 10, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Sam will get way more out of him than Jol did.  He is a much better player than he was able to prove with us.  Our structure was totally at odds with the way he plays. 

It wasn't our structure (most on here deny we have any) but the fact that he wasn't compatable with Berbatov who as we all know is a lazy waste of space, good for nothing except (insert obscene reference to parts of his and Jol's anatomy). And the fact that he was rarely fit.

Obviously with Alladyce (a tactical genius at the opposite end of the scale from the odious Jol) he will be a perfect like for like replacement for Carroll.
My sarcasm radar is going berserk.

ScalleysDad

I was quite excited by his signing. His pre season, his demolition of the Norwich back four and his constant chasing down of the ball and closing space at Old Trafford, ultimately leading to our second goal, and I was thinking ooer .... we have a winner. Then bang went the team a couple of knocks and he is history. Might have been oh so different.
Good luck to him except late November and new year.

Lighthouse

Stick Petric with a player with a bit of pace and he is very good. Stick him up with Walkabout Berba, looking for some lost tribe on the halfway line and Petric is nothing special. I have never seen so many good to average players become docile looking nags so quickly then under our present jockey.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 10, 2013, 08:54:12 PM
Stick Petric with a player with a bit of pace and he is very good. Stick him up with Walkabout Berba, looking for some lost tribe on the halfway line and Petric is nothing special. I have never seen so many good to average players become docile looking nags so quickly then under our present jockey.

Have you been working on that analogy? Stand by to get shot at.

The Old Count

Jol got a lot out of him at Hamburg.  He was injured for us and then off the pace a bit in the Prem. 

I think he'll blow hot and cold for the spam...bit like he would have for us.