watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Petric signs for Hammers

Started by The Old Count, September 10, 2013, 11:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Be intersting to see how he does.  Will Allardyce get more out of him than Jol.

Northern Cottager

Was hoping he'd go back abroad. Knowing our luck he'll bag a hat trick and make me eat my words.

the nutflush

Sam will get way more out of him than Jol did.  He is a much better player than he was able to prove with us.  Our structure was totally at odds with the way he plays. 

JBH

If its anything like the time he spent at FFC he will see more of the physios room than he does the pitch

TonyGilroy

Quote from: the nutflush on September 10, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Sam will get way more out of him than Jol did.  He is a much better player than he was able to prove with us.  Our structure was totally at odds with the way he plays. 

It wasn't our structure (most on here deny we have any) but the fact that he wasn't compatable with Berbatov who as we all know is a lazy waste of space, good for nothing except (insert obscene reference to parts of his and Jol's anatomy). And the fact that he was rarely fit.

Obviously with Alladyce (a tactical genius at the opposite end of the scale from the odious Jol) he will be a perfect like for like replacement for Carroll.

Burt

We are the only club he has been at where he didn't hit the heights that he is used to.

Which indicates that either he is past his best, or he will start banging them in for WHU.

General

Quote from: Burt on September 10, 2013, 12:37:03 PM
We are the only club he has been at where he didn't hit the heights that he is used to.

Which indicates that either he is past his best, or he will start banging them in for WHU.

Umm if I'm right he played considerably less games and was our joint second top scorer the season he was with us. I'm not sure him not hitting the same heights is because he was bad.

MasterHaynes

I can see him getting a hatful with the way they quickly move the ball forward and throw crosses in.Guarantee he will score against us. He looked a very good player, good pace and movement wiuth a great shot. Unfortunately the arrival of Berbatov killed his game, slow build up making it difficult to create space but I would have preferred to keep him than Rodders

TonyGilroy

More revisionism.

Few posters had much good to say about him after his early promise in preseason and the first few matches.

Now he's a coup for Sam. We'll see.

cmg

Yes. Totally ruined by the incompetent coaching and tactics of Martin Jol.
His most productive spell, 20 goals, came in the 41 games at Hamburg when his manager and coach was....er, Martin Jol.

Jack Fulham

Petric had great technique but didn't feel like he was built for the premiership. He was injury prone, slow and as a result looked quite unfit when he did play. Still though, I'm sure he can grab a few goals if he picks up on any second balls being pumped into the opposition box. Decent backup for West Ham.

FFC1987

I hope he goes on and does well. I don't think we can fairly judge his time with us as he never really got a run of games for various reason!

Count Berbatov

He's a cracking player. Almost literally

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

FancyPantsil

Good pace?  Petric looked dreadfully slow to me, like he was running in slow motion.

BRNicholson

Quote from: FancyPantsil on September 10, 2013, 03:40:45 PM
Good pace?  Petric looked dreadfully slow to me, like he was running in slow motion.

As opposed to Berbatov, who actually *is* running in slow motion... 064.gif

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FancyPantsil on September 10, 2013, 03:40:45 PM
Good pace?  Petric looked dreadfully slow to me, like he was running in slow motion.
Maybe not over 60yards sprint but he pulled defenders around over 10 -20 yard runs , he could always make space for a shot.
Problem was the slowness in moving form defence into attack  after he made 2-3 short sprints without the ball arriving the areas to run into disappeared.  We witnessed his finishing with some great goals so we knew he had the ability and comparing him with BZ he was a masarrati. I would have persevered with him as a partner for Berbatov and impressed on the players to move the ball forward quicker which after all is what Jol keeps harping on about, problem is either the set up of the team does not lend itself or the players are ignoring him.

Ordar

Good pick up from Fat Sam. Will do well for them, but cant see him playing when Carroll is fit. Will benefit greatly from Downing and Javis' crossing and Joe Cole's creativity.

Having an actual tactical attacking game plan works wonders....

Ruiz11

He'll only play while Carroll is injured, but I think he'll be a good signing.

valdeingruo

When he was getting playing time for us before Berbatov he showed a bright future, when Berba came you knew he wasnt going to play. If he gets consistent playing time, he will do very well.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

BarryP

Quote from: andersons11 on September 10, 2013, 04:26:41 PM
When he was getting playing time for us before Berbatov he showed a bright future, when Berba came you knew he wasnt going to play. If he gets consistent playing time, he will do very well.

I concur.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."