What is Jol doing?!

Started by Brown@FFC, September 12, 2013, 01:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

Brown@FFC

[/quote]
Quote from: Classic94 on September 12, 2013, 01:58:18 PM
But he tracks back :hook:

He was past it years ago. You are one of the many insane people on here. The prestigious 'Duff, Riise and Jol' fan club.

Admin

Although I see Duff as a great athlete, his days of beating his man, cutting in and scoring goals are gone. He turned 34 in March and his unfortunate decline has been showing for some time now. Although Duff still gives 100% in games, his game plan has changed and he tends to cut in, or play the ball square rather than taking on his man. Only natural if you've slowed up a bit.

I can only assume we'll extend his contract for another year, simply because he's a good squad player and we need numbers, that's it.

TonyGilroy

What the article actually says is that his contract expires at the end of the season and Jol has challenged Duff to prove he's worth a new one.

Doesn't fit the Jol is always wrong mindset of course.

SKSW6

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 12, 2013, 01:59:21 PM

He was past it years ago. You are one of the many insane people on here. The prestigious 'Duff, Riise and Jol' fan club.

Did you miss the emoticon?

Brown@FFC

Quote from: SKSW6 on September 12, 2013, 02:08:25 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 12, 2013, 01:59:21 PM

Did you miss the emoticon?

I know the guy, just having a laugh.

Bassey the warrior

Let him go, move on with some dignity before he gets really rubbish. He's already second or third choice on the wing.

Deanothefulhamfan

Duff has beem a great servant, but his days are up unfortunately. I would play him left back over Riise (despite him not being a left back ) also he is probably one of the best crossers at the club....

jmh

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 12, 2013, 02:07:52 PMWhat the article actually says is that his contract expires at the end of the season and Jol has challenged Duff to prove he's worth a new one.
Seriously.  All it says here is that Jol is considering, keeping his options open in case Duff has a good season.  What's wrong with that?  If he comes out and says "we're not giving Duff a contract extension after this year" then it just makes Duff think about where else he might play rather than focusing on playing well here.

Berserker

I'm a Duff fan, i reckon he'll man up to the challenge
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.