watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why should Jol stay?

Started by Brown@FFC, September 16, 2013, 02:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown@FFC

I would like to know from the fans, who don't want Jol out, why they believe so?

WhiteJC

Brown@FFC

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 16, 2013, 02:09:02 PM
apart from fear of change?

Yeah, no excuse that there isn't anyone available that can change it. Which is wrong, as a new manager would change it.

Peabody

Perhaps if you were'nt so aggressive and we could have a reasonable debate, then you may get more responses

EJL

Because it would make things worse. There is no guarantee that someone could come in and magically change everything.

TonyGilroy

Done to death but:-

He's achieved two mid table finishes.

He's introduced serious talent this summer that needs time.

It's very early in the season.

He's had financial constraints to deal with

Things aren't nearly as bad as some people seem to think.

All change carries risk and the idea that anyone would do better is nonsense. The people available would all be unemployed and/or untried in management and/or untried in management in this country.

If things get worse Jol will probably get sacked towards the end of this year if relegation seems likely or in the summer when we will have a much wider choice of replacements plus an owner who had had a proper opportunity to assess the situation.

horse1031

There are multiple reasons I would like Martin Jol to stay as manager...

1.  He has not had a settled team the whole time he has been here.

2.  He has brought in more talent than any other Fulham manager could do.

3.  Sacking a manager in the middle of the season rarely goes well.  Roy Hodgson being the exception.  Case in point, Harry Redknapp, who everyone would think is a pretty good manager.

4.  I think he has the experience to come back and have us playing proper football.

5.  Berba wants to play for him.  Taarabt wants to play for him.

6.  If we sack Jol, it will take another manager time to acclimate to Fulham and the players.  With all the lets say personalities in the team, could they handle it??

7.  Who else is better?  He is an experienced coach.  Yes, i understand we are playing dire but I want to give him time.  The grass is rarely ever greener on the other side...

8.  And most of all - WE ARE 4 GAMES INTO THE SEASON!  4.   4.   4.   4.  Did I say 4?!  The management will not sack a coach after 4 games.  To the responses of "how long will we wait then if we are in relegation spots."  I would say 19 games.  We lost games to Arsenal at home and Newcastle away which i hate to say it, happens almost every year...  We dominated West Brom and should have scored 5 on them.  3 goals were disallowed for offsides.

Roberty

Basically now is not the time.

If we were going to make a change it should have been at the end of last season.

The next opportunity will be before the next transfer window.

In the mean time I will be cheering Jol and the team in the hope that we will be in the top 10 by Xmas.

I am sure that this is not going to suit the vociferous posters on this matter, but I see no point in booing or hoping the team will lose just to have a manager replaced.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 16, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

Yeah, no excuse that there isn't anyone available that can change it. Which is wrong, as a new manager would change it.

You wanted to hear from people who did not want to change - you are posting on the wrong thread.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

DukeTyrion

There are a few reasons why I would not like to see a change;

1) It's early days and we have a few new players still bonding.

2) I can't think of any better manager available who would come to us.

3) It would cost us (as a club) a fortune when the new manager wanted to get in his own playing staff, whilst paying off the players he does not like.

If this needs to happen, it needs to happen at the end of the season.

horse1031

Quote from: DukeTyrion on September 16, 2013, 02:39:30 PM
There are a few reasons why I would not like to see a change;

1) It's early days and we have a few new players still bonding.

2) I can't think of any better manager available who would come to us.

3) It would cost us (as a club) a fortune when the new manager wanted to get in his own playing staff, whilst paying off the players he does not like.

If this needs to happen, it needs to happen at the end of the season.

:plus one: on #3, never thought of that!

vagrant

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 16, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

You know this ??

TonyGilroy

It's party conference season.

Change is always the buzzword. They offer change. We want change because things are bad.

What they don't tell you is that the change they offer will nearly always make things worse.

Deanothefulhamfan

Now this is the thread I have wanted to see for a while, a debate from the supporters of Jol who want him to stay.

Whilst I don't agree with some of the comments above, it is still refreshing to have a more reasoned debate, then all the bickering that has been going on lately.

Whilst I am in the Jol out camp, I still appreciate, and as I mentioned in an earlier post admire the optimism that many of my fellow suppprters share. Unfortunately I don't share your optimism, but if we all had the same views.... Life would be dull

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 16, 2013, 04:29:10 PM
Now this is the thread I have wanted to see for a while, a debate from the supporters of Jol who want him to stay.

Whilst I don't agree with some of the comments above, it is still refreshing to have a more reasoned debate, then all the bickering that has been going on lately.

Whilst I am in the Jol out camp, I still appreciate, and as I mentioned in an earlier post admire the optimism that many of my fellow suppprters share. Unfortunately I don't share your optimism, but if we all had the same views.... Life would be dull

I'm with you. I am a full Jol Out fan, but I wanted to see why people want him to stay without any arguing.

vagrant

Delano, the bickering, or should I say vitriol, comes totally from the Jol out camp. Calling him an idiot, a clown, Mr Blooby, plus other names, is completely unnecessary. The debate then becomes personal which defeats the whole object.

Deanothefulhamfan

Vagrant whilst I have seen some of the above, I think it is a bit unfair to say all the insults have come from one side. I have seen enough evidence to suggest that both groups are not innocent in the war of words.

It just seems like it is every thread at the moment, and it is getting a bit tedious

Sammyffc

My reasons for a Jol in .

here we go,

Personally i believe the talent he has brought to this club is second to none. Players we could of dreamt about getting, look at previous , gudjohnson , nevland ( little legend he is though ) ,kuqi . now we have the likes of bent and berbatov. both of whom are MILES above the other strikers we have ever had. Also, with his budget, what a cunning man him and mac are. lowest spending club in the league with some of the best signings. Although i believe the football can be abit shocking sometimes, it is very hard to get a working formula especially after 4 games with all these new players. Ruiz i agree is very poor recently, but i would trust him to do more than lets say mesca, who is just quick and could probably just nock it into the box. 0 creativity. We also haven't actually had are best team out yet : Stek, Riether , Amor , Brede , Richardson , Taarabt, Sidwell, Parker, Kaca , Bent , Berba <<< ..due to injuries. Although i don't believe jol is a very good tactician , its not entirely his fault. Coaching staff should take a long hard look at themselves as they are key to tactics if you haven't got a manager who actually joins in and breaks a sweat. However, it is debatable i suppose. Also, i belive players need to take a long hard look at themselves when they are doing shite. we as fans can say change this player for another etc , but if it didn't work and we got smashed fans would be going crazy. an example, all the berbatov out people , would rather start hugo. in my eyes that is utterly shocking. no manager ever in the history of football would do such a thing. Berba is berba, he always has been the way he is , and always will. but he can change a game in a instant. However, being alone upfront doesn't help. Also, paying a new manager to come in would cost a fortune and just don't see it happening. its more of a hinderance at the moment than a positive move. Also, 4 GAMES IN . thats it !!, its got to the point that if a defender messes up like they did on saturday and we conceded its jol's fault. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I belive he can do the business and we will see that soon. fingers crossed !

MrProphet

The above is a very good post although I would say the mark of a good manager is getting an average bunch of players to play like a great team probably for the last year however we have had a good bunch of players who play like a bad team

Brown@FFC

Someone has added to his 'Trivia' section on Wikipedia, and this person I think has cracked why Jol is the daft lump he is:

"Martin has a condition known as 'selective blindness', which is a very serious condition. It occurs, on average, between 3pm and 5pm on most Saturdays. During this time, Jol will come oblivious to what he is seeing, and has to look at past recordings of the players, from about 5 years ago, to rate their performance. This is one of the key reasons why Fulham have such an ageing squad, and in their dire run of form, Jol doesn't seem to notice anything."