watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please read - Anti Jol/Fulham FC Remarks

Started by Admin, September 19, 2013, 12:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Makes me want to stick this flower somewhere. Peace to all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

wonderfulthingFFC

Not sure if I fancy having my posts censored :023:

Kent Cassandra

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Holders

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 19, 2013, 10:48:18 PM
Quote from: Berserker on September 19, 2013, 03:21:31 PM
what about lowjacking. Not sure what that means actually, think it sounds a bit rude  :58:

Now that is a great play on words. I don't know if they operate on your isle but here in the colonies there is a successful company called Lojack which is an anti car theft company. Get it, carjacking stopped by low jacking...... :Get Coat gif:

Lowjacking sounds a bit like getting your wheels replaced by bricks in Liverpool.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on September 19, 2013, 01:53:53 PM
Great move. Makes it easier to escape the bile when you know not every post is going to be hijacked.

:kettle pot:

fulhams_finest

what a great day for freedom of speech  049:gif

Wimbledon_White

Admin

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on September 20, 2013, 01:40:44 PM
Sounds like censorship to me.

Not at all, we're not "censoring" anyone. If you think that removing disruptive comments like "JOL OUT" from within perfectly good posts is censorship, then I think you may want to look the word up again and read a bit more about it. These type of comments are aimed at disrupting posts, or simply mocking the original poster about his/her opinion causing arguments. I'm big on members having opinions, in fact, I'm really big on it and want to encourage "healthy" discussions where at the moment, 9/10 post are being hijacked with some type anti-Jol vile.       

The Doctor

D'you know what, I've been growing disillusioned with the online community as a whole lately.  When things go to pot there's always someone who crawls out and does nothing more than stir the pot for the sake of it.  They're basically kicking others when they're down, and then have the gall to get all pissy when someone tells them to do one (of course, that's all part of the act - draw others in and then act the innocent).  Quite what they get out of it, I don't know.  But it is a sad reflection on them.

As a result more interesting folks seem to be abandoning online discussions. Which is a shame as it means fewer interesting discussions for those of us that remain.

In short, I admire your intentions.  You've got to try.  But sadly the internet gives every bloody idiot a say, and there's always a surfeit of those

Twig

Quote from: Admin on September 20, 2013, 01:57:05 PM

Not at all, we're not "censoring" anyone. If you think that removing disruptive comments like "JOL OUT" from within perfectly good posts is censorship, then I think you may want to look the word up again and read a bit more about it. These type of comments are aimed at disrupting posts, or simply mocking the original poster about his/her opinion causing arguments. I'm big on members having opinions, in fact, I'm really big on it and want to encourage "healthy" discussions where at the moment, 9/10 post are being hijacked with some type anti-Jol vile.       

Spot on. i am all for pro vs anti Jol debates and respect both sides of that argument, although I think it is becoming rather stale, but there is absolutely no need to distort other threads in pathetic attempts continually reopen it.  If someone has a new angle on this well trodden debate then start a separate thread.

akf

Quote from: Berserker on September 19, 2013, 03:21:31 PM
what about lowjacking. Not sure what that means actually, think it sounds a bit rude  :58:
.. or, dare i say it, 'joljacking,' which sounds worse, but could be considered the specific highjacking of post by anti-jol sentiment.

wonderfulthingFFC

That is censoring...it is what happened in the East before 1989, mail was intercepted and doctored. the meaning of the word censor is to stop someone saying what they had originally written. Why worry if someones position is that they want Jol out? are you worried the club may not like it?

wonderfulthingFFC

Quote from: The Doctor on September 20, 2013, 02:21:55 PM
D'you know what, I've been growing disillusioned with the online community as a whole lately.  When things go to pot there's always someone who crawls out and does nothing more than stir the pot for the sake of it.  They're basically kicking others when they're down, and then have the gall to get all pissy when someone tells them to do one (of course, that's all part of the act - draw others in and then act the innocent).  Quite what they get out of it, I don't know.  But it is a sad reflection on them.

As a result more interesting folks seem to be abandoning online discussions. Which is a shame as it means fewer interesting discussions for those of us that remain.

In short, I admire your intentions.  You've got to try.  But sadly the internet gives every bloody idiot a say, and there's always a surfeit of those
And you don't think everyone deserves "a say"? or just those that agree with your point of view?

Lighthouse

What a load of old Tosh Chamberlain. This is a message board that was brought to fruition by somebody who wanted mild little controls on what is said. So they had mods. That same chap, himself a fan who loses it from time to time, wants to make sure we all keep calm and not introduce the Jol out topic even on threads to do with Buttons and baking and sex slaves in the Slavic country.

Well the answer to that is - OK mate, fine with me, lets move on. If you live in FOF land you stick to the rules and pull a few legs. Censorship it is not. It is just saying 'you know that post on garden footware and grey coats. It shouldn't have Jol is a smellypoo half way down'  Let's keep the attacks down a bit because it becomes pointless and boring. A bit like Fulham with Jol in charge. Oh bugger.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

akf

Quote from: wonderfulthingFFC on September 20, 2013, 04:12:16 PM

That is censoring...it is what happened in the East before 1989, mail was intercepted and doctored. the meaning of the word censor is to stop someone saying what they had originally written. Why worry if someones position is that they want Jol out? are you worried the club may not like it?

I dont think admin is suggesting that moderators will replace a 'JOL OUT!!!' comment with 'VIVA JOL!!!'  The sentiment is more to keep 'Jol out' statements/rants to appropriate threads.

TonyGilroy

And for those who'd prefer a different type of message board - well start one.

The more the merrier.

Admin

I personally hope they remove Jol tomorrow. You've obviously not been posting long enough to realize that I'm possibly Jol's biggest critic, I can't stand the guy. Unfortunately, I just tend to take a back seat these days with my opinions because when I do post, I'm usually targeted by other members who must see it as a power trip. Anyway, getting back to the point, we're not "censoring" anyone, it will work the same way if someone posts an anti-Jol thread and people decide to mock that poster as well.

Admin

Quote from: akf on September 20, 2013, 04:45:54 PM

I dont think admin is suggesting that moderators will replace a 'JOL OUT!!!' comment with 'VIVA JOL!!!'  The sentiment is more to keep 'Jol out' statements/rants to appropriate threads.

At last, thank you akf.

wonderfulthingFFC

Quote from: Admin on September 20, 2013, 05:19:19 PM
Quote from: akf on September 20, 2013, 04:45:54 PM

At last, thank you akf.
I don't agree...but hey that's what freedom of speech is about

The Doctor

Quote from: wonderfulthingFFC on September 20, 2013, 04:14:16 PM
Quote from: The Doctor on September 20, 2013, 02:21:55 PM

And you don't think everyone deserves "a say"? or just those that agree with your point of view?

For the avoidance of doubt, not at all.  For example, I don't agree with Admin's views on Jol nor the way he puts those views across.  But I don't have a pop at him for either of those things.  But there are those that do have a go at him (and others on both sides of the Jol fence) for apparently no other purpose than to agitate. Those are the people who I'm referring to as idiots