watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please read - Anti Jol/Fulham FC Remarks

Started by Admin, September 19, 2013, 12:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

We appreciate that things are not particularly rosy right now, be it with Martin Jol, the team or just Fulham FC in general.

What I would like to remind members of, is that FOF still remains one of the most popular fans forums out there, and that our reputation is to be a friendly, welcoming website.

Of late, we've noticed an increase of anti-Jol/Fulham posts, naturally because of our performances, or simply because people have an opinion. That's fair enough, it's a forum at the end of the day, and people are entitled to their opinions. Something that I am personally big on.

However..

What we have also noticed, is a big increase in people hijacking other peoples 'general' posts with anti-Jol/Fulham material, or members mocking others about their opinions of Martin Jol/Fulham.

At the end of the day, you'll always get members who will be with or against something, or those who will simply sit on the fence. It's a forum and it will always be filled with opinions.

Because of this, we'd like members to naturally think before posting. Does a thread about removing the Michael Jackson statue really need turning into an anti Jol/Fulham thread? or does another member need mocking simply because he doesn't share the same opinion as yourself.

To keep the peace, and the general mood on FOF happy, all moderators will be reviewing posts and editing them accordingly if they feel something has been hijacked, or that another member has abused or mocked another about their opinion.

This isn't a big brother situation, but will be done in an aim to uphold FOF's reputation through this difficult period. I hope you all understand. 

Regards,

Admin.   

Southcoastffc

Well said.  That's an example of why this is now my number one Fulham forum.  :clap_hands:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Rudolph

Great move. Makes it easier to escape the bile when you know not every post is going to be hijacked.

Pluto

Andy S

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Although I agree with your point, I would like to add whether editing without signifying is the right way to go about things? Perhaps send a message to the offender and explain why this may not be acceptable and maybe even ask how they would reword it. Some people sound aggressive of offensive when it's not intended that way.

It's just an opinion. Good work though, the board was starting to become tedious so perhaps this will sort things out a bit. Fair play.

Ms Craven

:clap_hands:

good call - debate is healthy but doesn't mean I have to agree with you and I'd defend your right to disagree with you without getting personal or offensive. I'd hate this board to degenerate into some of it's predecessors where one word disagreed with some posters ensured a heap of vitriol came down on your head!
:clap_hands:

Logicalman

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on September 19, 2013, 02:28:01 PM
Although I agree with your point, I would like to add whether editing without signifying is the right way to go about things? Perhaps send a message to the offender and explain why this may not be acceptable and maybe even ask how they would reword it. Some people sound aggressive of offensive when it's not intended that way.

It's just an opinion. Good work though, the board was starting to become tedious so perhaps this will sort things out a bit. Fair play.

You will often find that most moderated comments are also accompanied by a PM to the poster from the Mod. In the case of obvious breaches like swearing, perhaps not.

If anyone feels hard done by, and they do not get a PM, then please use the report to Mod button, and ask why. All Mods are emailed the request so it should get picked up.

VicHalomsLovechild

Agree with Frankie, if the Mods edit something without a reference how will we know when and where and whose posts are affected. The board isn't as good as its been in the past but as you say results haven't gone our way so the mood is dark. I think if the mods could somehow arrange for a win this Saturday things would be back to normal sooner rather than later.  

TonyGilroy

A win on Saturday would clearly be despite Jol and not because of him.

This post is now nicely highjacked.

And modifed  :54:

Berserker

what about lowjacking. Not sure what that means actually, think it sounds a bit rude  :58:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on September 19, 2013, 02:43:12 PM
if the Mods edit something without a reference how will we know when and where and whose posts are affected.

But does that actually matter?? (other than to the poster who, as has been said, will likely receive a PM from the MODS.)

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

The Old Count

nose

Burt

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Admin on September 19, 2013, 12:33:16 PMWe appreciate that things are not particularly rosy right now, be it with Martin Jol, the team or just Fulham FC in general.

What I would like to remind members of, is that FOF still remains one of the most popular fans forums out there, and that our reputation is to be a friendly, welcoming website.

Of late, we've noticed an increase of anti-Jol/Fulham posts, naturally because of our performances, or simply because people have an opinion. That's fair enough, it's a forum at the end of the day, and people are entitled to their opinions. Something that I am personally big on.

However..

What we have also noticed, is a big increase in people hijacking other peoples 'general' posts with anti-Jol/Fulham material, or members mocking others about their opinions of Martin Jol/Fulham.

At the end of the day, you'll always get members who will be with or against something, or those who will simply sit on the fence. It's a forum and it will always be filled with opinions.

Because of this, we'd like members to naturally think before posting. Does a thread about removing the Michael Jackson statue really need turning into an anti Jol/Fulham thread? or does another member need mocking simply because he doesn't share the same opinion as yourself.

To keep the peace, and the general mood on FOF happy, all moderators will be reviewing posts and editing them accordingly if they feel something has been hijacked, or that another member has abused or mocked another about their opinion.

This isn't a big brother situation, but will be done in an aim to uphold FOF's reputation through this difficult period. I hope you all understand.  

Regards,

Admin.  
Let's get a group hug gif
Edit: didn't see Burt's post before mine
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

It'll end up as circle dancing if the group hug is too big. Flowers in hair etc. mighty booshish
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on September 19, 2013, 03:21:31 PM
what about lowjacking. Not sure what that means actually, think it sounds a bit rude  :58:

Now that is a great play on words. I don't know if they operate on your isle but here in the colonies there is a successful company called Lojack which is an anti car theft company. Get it, carjacking stopped by low jacking...... :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Craven Mad

Great statement from the admin. Full support from me. Thanks