more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mighty Fulham vs. blue scum Match Thread

Started by LordNelson, September 21, 2013, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Quote from: The Old Count on September 21, 2013, 07:32:38 PM
I've been banging on about fitness for ages now.  Our physical fitness regime is obviously not good.  We need improvement in that area.

We played really well then got knackered and it all went to pot.

Please Mr Jol get some conditioning and fitness coaches in as part of the set up.

Isn't his assistant Hans Saggers meant to be a fitness expert?!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Humbled

Quote from: alexbishop on September 21, 2013, 07:29:24 PM
positive first half but awful second.

Still only 4 attempts, 1 on target!!

last season this was a regular but against the likes of Newcastle. Stoke and Norwich.... at least today was a top 4 side  fp.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCSteve on September 21, 2013, 07:31:02 PM
I really can't believe the total negativity of some posters on here!

There were certainly some positives to take from today, we looked much more like a team playing together.
First 45 we did really well, but with goals in the second half & tiredness from the hard work in the first finished us off.

Remember this was Chelsea, huge squad of excellent players at home! What more did we expect?

Have to say I am encouraged, if we play like we did today with some heart against lesser opposition, I think we will be fine!
you sound like mark hughes did last season.pretty sure he was saying that after every game. we are the lesser oposition to around 16 teams this season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bill taylors apprentice

I doubt we are anymore unfit than the average PL team but when you play like we do, with little confidence it drains you physically and mentally.

We do not have a settled or a balanced team and deep down the players look like they don't expect to win.

No one looks like they are enjoying themselves and like in any job if that occurs you don't get the best out of the workforce.

LordNelson

Quote from: TerryR on September 21, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
I think we showed passion and didn't lie down for them.
We were outclassed and were not the same after we got tired.
Much prefer this sort of style than sitting back as we did against west Brom.
This wasn't Jol's fault.
We were beaten by a £100 million team.
That's it.
Still gutted though

:plus one:
Didn't think we had much of a chance today. Played better than expected.  Bent puts that shot,in & we have a different game.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Al

Disappointing to lose after a good first half performance. Unlike most others I am going to highlight the positives. Good to see Richardson play 90 mins and play well. Amorebieta was quality. Sidders and Parker are forming a solid partnership.

Brown@FFC

Bottom 3, where we deserve to be. We will lose to Everton, provide no fight against Cardiff, and be well and truly fucked.

PokerMatt

Quote from: alexbishop on September 21, 2013, 07:33:54 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on September 21, 2013, 07:32:38 PM
I've been banging on about fitness for ages now.  Our physical fitness regime is obviously not good.  We need improvement in that area.

We played really well then got knackered and it all went to pot.

Please Mr Jol get some conditioning and fitness coaches in as part of the set up.

Isn't his assistant Hans Saggers meant to be a fitness expert?!

Goalkeeping coach, no?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Humbled

there are 2 defenders in the prem that when they get the ball I think they are going to fall over - Lescott and Hangeland.
I almost close my eyes when Hangeland gets the ball at his feet, he has a very awkward style

Brown@FFC

Quote from: LordNelson on September 21, 2013, 07:35:10 PM
Quote from: TerryR on September 21, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
I think we showed passion and didn't lie down for them.
We were outclassed and were not the same after we got tired.
Much prefer this sort of style than sitting back as we did against west Brom.
This wasn't Jol's fault.
We were beaten by a £100 million team.
That's it.
Still gutted though

:plus one:
Didn't think we had much of a chance today. Played better than expected.  Bent puts that shot,in & we have a different game.

No we wouldn't. We would have gone on ultra defensive, and we wouldn't be able to cope.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 21, 2013, 07:35:45 PM
Bottom 3, where we deserve to be. We will lose to Everton, provide no fight against Cardiff, and be well and truly fucked.

What does my future hold for the next couple of weeks Mystic Meg?

FFCSteve

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 21, 2013, 07:32:23 PM
Positive?! 4 shots, 1 on target. Jol simply doesn't care, he has no idea what he is doing.

You seem to miss the point!

Chelsea are a hard team to play! We are going to spend most of the game defending!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Brown@FFC

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 21, 2013, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 21, 2013, 07:35:45 PM

What does my future hold for the next couple of weeks Mystic Meg?

Look at the past year, doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Berbasilk_111

doubt we will get anything in the next three games, perhaps a draw out of cardiff if i'm being realistic.

God The Mechanic

Playing like that we've got absolutely no chance of getting 3 points against Everton midweek.

Jimpav

I don't care how good Chelsea are - we could be playing a league 2 side and would still lose if we only had 4 attempts on goal. Oh hang on, we only just managed to beat a league 2 side in penalties.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 21, 2013, 07:43:07 PM
Playing like that we've got absolutely no chance of getting 3 points against Everton midweek.

Cup game. Point still remains.

PokerMatt

Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 21, 2013, 07:43:07 PM

We've missed a trick if you get points in the League Cup these days.

Classic94

I'm truly grateful that I've been able to watch a Fulham side play regular PL football, but I'm genuinely bored of watching us. Bored. Jol is draining the life out of this club.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Humbled on September 21, 2013, 07:36:24 PM
there are 2 defenders in the prem that when they get the ball I think they are going to fall over - Lescott and Hangeland.
I almost close my eyes when Hangeland gets the ball at his feet, he has a very awkward style

He will probably escape any retribution on here but he should really be the fulcrum or boss of the defence for set plays like corners or free kicks into the box and those days seem to be few and far between over the last season and up to now. Out jumped by miles and facing the wrong way last week and a bit like Bambi on ice at times today. We have had this debate before but in that position we really need a sleeves rolled up leader. Parker seems to be becoming more and more insular and although he is a far better option than the disappointment that is Boateng his strengths are as a leader but he, like Hangers, doesn't even raise his voice these days.