watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos was excellent

Started by Pluto, September 25, 2013, 12:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

Senderos as I have said in many debates is brilliant when we play teams who have target men. He is strong in the air and can read crosses etc. Its when we play teams who play neat, close control football that causes old phill in my eyes. He deserves to start on Sat after yesterday and I hope Jol does play him.

Rudolph

Fantastic display by Phil that we all as Fulham fans should be pleased about.  Competition for places is the key to a successful team and on recent displays, Senderos deserves to a continued run in the team. 

Deanothefulhamfan

Based on you point ( which I agree with Cottage Cheese) he should not play against Cardiff, they do not play with a big target man, all their forwards are small and pacey. Stoke on the other hand well, he should be one of the first names on the team

Pluto

Wouldn't it be great to have a variety of established centre back partnerships with a good understanding of each other to suit different situations?

Hughes/Hangeland- are the Thames Barrier
Senderos/Hangeland- look to have formed an extremely solid partnership.
Hangeland/Amorebieta - early days but looked good against Chelsea
Senderos/Amorebieta - ?

bill taylors apprentice

As has been said before he struggles at times but is a thoughtful player who has a good attitude and gives 100%
He wouldn't be my first choice and while some of his errors have been poor I think he's been a scapegoat while others have been given the benefit of the doubt.

HatterDon

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 25, 2013, 12:38:35 AM
Although senderos was very good tonight, everytime i see his name on the team sheet i automatically begin to shake my head and start to cry

Perhaps the problem lies not with Senderos but with your eyesight?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dgnffc

Quote from: Pluto on September 25, 2013, 01:00:02 PM
Wouldn't it be great to have a variety of established centre back partnerships with a good understanding of each other to suit different situations?

Senderos/Amorebieta - ?

I could see Hughes/Amorebieta being a good partnership too

Pluto

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 25, 2013, 01:12:23 PM
As has been said before he struggles at times but is a thoughtful player who has a good attitude and gives 100%
He wouldn't be my first choice and while some of his errors have been poor I think he's been a scapegoat while others have been given the benefit of the doubt.

Good to hear there are others who think this. He seems like a genuinelly nice bloke, intelligent and a top professional. It's a shame people have made him a scapegoat when it hasn't really been warranted. Just think we could be stuck with idiots like Bardsley and Ridgewell in the squad- Senderos' attitude is underappreciated.

Pluto

Quote from: dgnffc on September 25, 2013, 02:10:04 PM
Quote from: Pluto on September 25, 2013, 01:00:02 PM

Senderos/Amorebieta - ?

I could see Hughes/Amorebieta being a good partnership too

That would be a very interesting one. I think Hughes' positioning and anticipation is still unrivalled and he provides another useful and different option. Alongside a physical hard-tackling type like Amorebieta he could be very good, though I'd worry about how they would cope in the air against targetman-type forwards (think Hangeland and Senderos are our best defenders in the air).

JackyFulham90

I have to say Senderos had a really good game yesterday he looked solid but for me the back 4 should be Riether Hangeland Amorebieta & Richardson as that is our strongest Back 4 & Cardiff is a huge game for us

filham

Senderos had a good game but  that makes you think a critical mistake is due early in the next game.
Our best back four is probably Reither, Amorebieta, Hangeland, Richardson but it is good to know that we have competent cover available with  Zverotic, Hughes and Senderos .

Alan

Quote from: b+w geezer on September 25, 2013, 12:16:42 AM
His fine tackle was the starting place for our first goal.

Could well be the turning point in our season...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on September 25, 2013, 12:39:59 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 25, 2013, 12:24:25 AM
Agree he had a good solid game Taraabt was the most disappointing player tonight, his ball control made Rodders look skillfull!

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
What? How does Taarabt having a bad performance justify you hating him purely because of the team he used to play for?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: EJL on September 26, 2013, 03:45:38 PM
Agree he had a good solid game Taraabt was the most disappointing player tonight, his ball control made Rodders look skillfull!

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
What? How does Taarabt having a bad performance justify you hating him purely because of the team he used to play for?

I also don't think he's that good a player, people seem to forget that. They just seem to care about me hating him for being a Q.P.R player
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Andy S

Nobody has ever said that phillipe can't play but his temperament is suspect as he seems to have the odd lapse of concentration. However I'm glad he has had a couple of good games and good luck to him for the rest of the season

Rudolph

Only got a chance to watch the highlights last night.  I couldn't make out at the game that Phil dispossessed Lukaku to set up our first goal, great stuff.

Max Headroom

Senderos makes me nervous because of his lapses but he has been excellent recently. A stronger defender than Brede even in the last few games

St Eve

Logicalman

Quote from: St Eve on September 27, 2013, 02:29:06 AM
He scares me to death

Me too, sometimes, but he still puts just as much fear in others as well, and that's what we need as CB.

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on September 26, 2013, 03:54:12 PM
Quote from: EJL on September 26, 2013, 03:45:38 PM

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

I also don't think he's that good a player, people seem to forget that. They just seem to care about me hating him for being a Q.P.R player
Right... but you admitted to booing him on his debut for, really, no logical reason whatsoever, so you can't blame me if I think it clouds your judgement a little bit.

Also: "Taarabt was the most disappointing player tonight"

That doesn't mean we've fast-forwarded all the way to the end of the season and his entire spell has been a flop, does it? Once again, one poor performance isn't worthy of a "I told you so" comment.