Started by Pluto, September 25, 2013, 12:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Pluto

Quote from: MJG on September 27, 2013, 09:47:48 AM
Quote from: St Eve on September 27, 2013, 02:29:06 AM
He scares me to death
And just when he's defending a corner

When has Phil ever been poor at defending from corners? Defending set pieces are actually one of his strengths, compared to Hughes (and to a lesser extend Hangeland) who were caught out a lot last season.

MJG

Quote from: Pluto on September 27, 2013, 03:37:39 PM
He scares me to death

When has Phil ever been poor at defending from corners? Defending set pieces are actually one of his strengths, compared to Hughes (and to a lesser extend Hangeland) who were caught out a lot last season.
he's a man handler at corners. Rarely looks at the ball and is all over the striker. That why he worries the hell out of me at corners.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Pluto

Quote from: MJG on September 27, 2013, 03:40:31 PM
Quote from: Pluto on September 27, 2013, 03:37:39 PM
He scares me to death

he's a man handler at corners. Rarely looks at the ball and is all over the striker. That why he worries the hell out of me at corners.

Strange concerns indeed since I can't recall him ever having conceded a single penalty from a corner. We play with man marking from corners and Phil doesn't give his man an inch- it's a good thing. Why on earth would you want him ball watching?

Also ironic that other threads are praising the fact that we got tough and "bullied" the opposition on Tuesday night for once.

MJG

Im all for.marking your man but he has that modern habit of not watching the ball at all. How he has got away with not giving a penale I'll never know.
But its not only that, there is much he does which is heart in mouth time and I have explained what I feel he does wrong a thousand times on here. In the end I don't rate him and if manager he would he one I would be looking to offload ASAP.

TonyGilroy

Senderos is highly competent and mostly plenty good enough to play at this level but there are too many aberrations.

He's on a par with central defenders like Zat Knight, Titus Bramble and Anton Ferdinand. Mostly derided by their own clubs supporters who tot up the errors but they still manage 300 plus top league appearances throughout their careers because their managers appreciate them for what they CAN do and can't afford to buy in better.

Pluto

Quote from: MJG on September 27, 2013, 04:21:00 PM
Im all for.marking your man but he has that modern habit of not watching the ball at all. How he has got away with not giving a penale I'll never know.
But its not only that, there is much he does which is heart in mouth time and I have explained what I feel he does wrong a thousand times on here. In the end I don't rate him and if manager he would he one I would be looking to offload ASAP.

I can't relate to any of those concerns but agree to disagree I guess

Rudolph

Just try being honest and admit you just don't like the lad.  Finding faults in his game for nearly giving penalties away, whilst overlooking actual mistakes by others that have actually led to conceding goals is just petty.

It has been great seeing others post positive stuff about Phil, but as always, most will be waiting for a mistake (probably something like the WBA goal conceded) to round on him and say he's a donkey/bambi on ice/not the thames barrier.

MJG

Quote from: Rudolph on September 27, 2013, 06:17:09 PM

Just try being honest and admit you just don't like the lad.  Finding faults in his game for nearly giving penalties away, whilst overlooking actual mistakes by others that have actually led to conceding goals is just petty.

It has been great seeing others post positive stuff about Phil, but as always, most will be waiting for a mistake (probably something like the WBA goal conceded) to round on him and say he's a donkey/bambi on ice/not the thames barrier.

What part of 'In the end I don't rate him' dont you understand. It has nothing to do with liking him or not.

Rudolph

Lets look at the last few home games.

WBA:  Senderos sets up our goal, keeps Anichebe quiet all game and Hangeland loses his man so we concede a late goal. 

EFC: Ball played past Hangeland for their goal, Senderos tackles Lukaku to set up our 1st and keeps the lad quiet all night.

I wonder which part is rating and which part is ingrained dislike?

MJG

How about the almost rugby tackle on the west brom forward when he was turned on the edge of the box.
And Lukaku had a decent number of chances the other night.

EDIT: I have never understood you reluctance to just accept that a poster can just not rate a player. I dont use the word hate or anything like that. There are players you dont rate but I dont have to list reasons why you should like them.

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on September 27, 2013, 08:06:32 PM
How about the almost rugby tackle on the west brom forward when he was turned on the edge of the box.

EDIT: I have never understood you reluctance to just accept that a poster can just not rate a player. I dont use the word hate or anything like that. There are players you dont rate but I dont have to list reasons why you should like them.

I thought a rugby tackle involved using hands and arms. There was a slight clash of feet after the guy had lost control of the ball. Honestly, there are players I don't care for, but when they do well, I'm more than happy to say so.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on September 27, 2013, 08:16:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on September 27, 2013, 08:06:32 PM

I thought a rugby tackle involved using hands and arms. There was a slight clash of feet after the guy had lost control of the ball. Honestly, there are players I don't care for, but when they do well, I'm more than happy to say so.
And I have not had a go at senderos for his appearences in the last couple of games.I had to mention those two things above in relation to this thread.
Those who follow me on twitter will see I praised him for his performance against WBA, he just worries me all the time.
My point is just because he has a couple of good games, I still dont rate him as being a player I want to see at the centre of our defence week in week out. Just as some dont want Hughes, even though he does have good games they still want him out. The thread that has Duff being talked about is the same. Some want/rate him and a lot dont.

Rudolph

The cracking thing is, Senderos setting up the goal against WBA and the tackle on Lukaku has probably saved MJ from the sack.  

Pity some of the old guard don't play with this sort of passion and winning mentality.

Pluto

Quote from: Rudolph on September 28, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
The cracking thing is, Senderos setting up the goal against WBA and the tackle on Lukaku has probably saved MJ from the sack. 

Pity some of the old guard don't play with this sort of passion and winning mentality.

:plus one: He's shown 100% commitment and looked real quality lately- hopefully he can string a run of consistently good performances together and prove the naysayers wrong. It's great to see so many agreeing with me about his recent performances, and I hope he gets another chance tomorrow to build on them even further.

Rudolph

Dropping Senderos today was sheer madness. We got the pairing everyone has been screaming for and they stunk the park out.

Pluto

Quote from: Rudolph on September 28, 2013, 07:32:26 PM
Dropping Senderos today was sheer madness. We got the pairing everyone has been screaming for and they stunk the park out.

I was sad to see Senderos dropped and Hangeland & Amorebieta were both awful today. Hangeland looks a lot more comfortable playing alongside Senderos, who hasn't really done anything to warrant losing his place. In my opinion we need to move Amorebieta to left back for the Stoke game and restore Phil as a necessity. Stoke have a number of tall physical players, and having Senderos' toughness and ability in the air will really help us, along with Amorebieta providing some added physicality on the left.

mungos beans

Sorry but senderdross having a couple of good games doesnt defer from the liability he is . You can paper over cracks and all that....

nose

i am not a great sendeross fan but he has played well in the last few games and really should have started against cardiff, he would have been a better partner for hangerland, the game was made for him.

Rudolph

Quote from: mungos beans on September 28, 2013, 11:15:30 PM
Sorry but senderdross having a couple of good games doesnt defer from the liability he is . You can paper over cracks and all that....

Still spinning the liability stuck record?

We are a stronger team with Senderos at the back.