News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many of us on here actually know eachother ?

Started by Sammyffc, September 27, 2013, 06:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

i was thinking earlier , we can't just all be random posters behind a keyboard. are there many FOF who know eachother and meet up etc for games ? and has there ever been a massive FOF meet up before ?

just curious !

win-dup

Deanothefulhamfan

Sammy I have met several posters from the FOF board, some of which were people from the old messageboard on the official website.

Some really decent people on here who I can call friends.... Meeting up with these people is all part of the matchday experience for me.

As for the official FOF meet up, someone else will have to answer that one, as I have no idea

Holders

So long as none of you are the old bloke in the flat cap who used to stand in front of me smoking a pipe I don't mind!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

Quote from: Holders on September 27, 2013, 06:40:03 PM
So long as none of you are the old bloke in the flat cap who used to stand in front of me smoking a pipe I don't mind!

what was wrong with my cap?  086.gif

WhiteJC

I believe Burt organised a tour of Motspur Park a year or so ago, unfortunately I was unable to attend

The Old Count

I don't know any FOFers. Although I have my suspicions about one or two faces in the crowd.

Artful Dodger

No, don't know any FoFers but proud to be part of it none the less -love the debate whether I agree with it or not as I know we all love Fulham and as an exile up in Yorkshire with young(ish) family don't get to many games so love to hear what those at the games think. COYW!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Berserker

I've probably met about 10 FOFers, would like to meet more
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

sipwell

I was dragged on here by two FoFers (Shortie and FixieTrixie), met one extra (Big LB) and was supposed to meet another (American) but he never showed :P
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

jarv

Hoping to meet some, maybe this season, on my next trip to UK.

HatterDon

Quote from: win-dup on September 27, 2013, 06:27:31 PM
fortunately I am unlikely to know any of you.

The good fortune is all ours, believe me.

I met several on my visit a while back -- LBno11, American Mike, Fast Freddy, Gold Coast, The Equalizer, Airfix, Big Mama, Matt the Swede, Admin, Lork, French Connection, and the White Witch and family. AND THE MAGNIFICENT RAMBLING SYD!

And then there's Misfit Kid, Nevzter, Meggrs, and RidgeRunner who I met in San Francisco.

And Ag who lives here in Gawd's Country.  
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Sammyffc

i don't know any posters , only know the faces of those i have on twitter , thats about it !! weird how all these great minds think alike !

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've been in the US for 11 years but did spend a day at Craven Cottage with Deano and my daughter (tall geezer and likeable)
I've have also 'corresponded" for many years with LesBarretNo11 which started when I was
involved in some fund raising for Fulham some 15+ years ago.
I met Motown and Sue in Florida for a few Bacardi's (no idea what happened to them)
I also met DCWhites (and still have the DCWhites T-shirt) I've no idea what happened to
them either.
Whatever happened to that 'really nice chap' SHADY and his MINDERS who tried bullying me on
the internet some 12/13 years ago. Let's hope he's grown up he was a dickhead, I seem to remember
his thread about a stolen lawnmower which had people winding him up.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

somerset cockernee

a few years ago on the "old"board there was a bloke who called himself rog in Portugal and seeing as I was going there on holiday I got in touch, I told him where I was going and he didn't live very far away so we met for a beer, now me and the missus meet roger and Christine a couple of times a year....happy days

Rhys Lightning 63

I've bumped into a couple of them over the years. None of the major ones like The Equalizer and EpsomRaver, but some of the minor ones
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

leonffc

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on September 27, 2013, 10:02:27 PM
I've bumped into a couple of them over the years. None of the major ones like The Equalizer and EpsomRaver, but some of the minor ones

I think I saw you in either the Durrell or white horse the other week. I could be wrong of course as I had a few (I was going by the name on the back of the shirt??)

RidgeRider

Don....RidgeRunner????? Really??? I don't run...I ride. :)

I've met HD, Nevzter, MisfitKid on that very same day.

In London I had the pleasure of meeting:

Mr_Ska
LBNo11
LRCN
OS
The Doctor
Airfix
Admin
The Equalizer
WhiteJC
Blingo
Blingo Jr.
Travers Barney
and a few others as well.

Great folks all.

SuffolkWhite

Through FOF I have met VicHalomslovechild and went to Basel and Hamburg with him, and try to meet up with him when I come down for my 3 games a year.

Met Leon at a Norwich game and he introduced me to several on here including MrSka, Admin etc.

It's nice to put a face to a name even if you don't go to all the games.

Will be down for the Stoke game with my son Suffolk Jnr and another 3 I'm trying to convert.

Happy to meet up if anyone wants to  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ffcbulgaria

Had the chance to meet a few last November. Looking forward to my Fulham trip start of 2014 to eventually get to know some more of the people who post on here. COYW!

Also on a side note - if anyone plans to travel to Vienna be sure to get in touch and we can have a pint or three :-)