News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - In the last few seasons , who's the BEST prem signing ?

Started by Sammyffc, September 30, 2013, 04:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

I was speaking to my old man the other day discussing who we think is the best player to have come into the prem in recent years. Very tricky i must admit. However, my personal favourite has to be Yaya Toure. What a player. Just a machine, can do everything. In my eyes the best player to come into the prem since Ronaldo.

horse1031

yaya is an amazing player

sergio aguero?  I watched his first couple of games and remember thinking how good he is.

michu?

suarez?  for all the shenanigans, he is a class player and is very tricky

callumc513

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: callumc513 on September 30, 2013, 04:56:48 PM
Yaya is very overrated, probably Oezil.

He's played three matches total in the PL. He's a good shout to impact the league w Arsenal, sure. Probably should let him actually do it though before calling him the best PL signing.

Difficult to argue with Yaya.

David Luiz has made a great impact with Chelsea as far as I'm concerned. Doubt he ranks among the BEST signings for many folks, but a very valuable player for them.

Chicharito?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Walsh

I have to say David Silva, I think he's a quality player. I thought he'd be one of them players who gets bullied in the premiership then goes back to Spain but he's done very well!

Slaphead in Qatar

Riverside

Yaya overrated ? Against what criterion ?
On form this season he is the best Manchester player ( City and United ).
I for one would love to see him in our midfield !!!

Riverside

As for best

Quality - there are a few  Yaya or Aguero or Van Persie ( though I think Ozil will prove to be up there )
Value for money there can only be one . Michu.

MOR :

Going back a bit I'd have Thierry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp but probably Cristiano Ronaldo of late...

ToodlesMcToot

Tottenham didn't do too bad for themselves signing Bale away from Southampton
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

callumc513

Quote from: Riverside on September 30, 2013, 07:11:49 PM

Oh don't get me wrong I'd love to have him in our team I just mean he is lazy and difficult to accommodate into a big team. He isn't create enough to work alongside a tackler and doesn't work hard enough defensively to be played alongside a creator/passer.

sipwell

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2013, 05:05:43 PM
Vincent Kompany, now move on to a harder question

I agree with this very intelligent poster!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

HatterDon

Quote from: Riverside on September 30, 2013, 07:11:49 PM

Me as well. "Yaya is very overrated" might just be Monty Python's "killer joke" -- it's certainly hilarious enough.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: MOR : on September 30, 2013, 07:33:31 PM
Going back a bit I'd have Thierry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp but probably Cristiano Ronaldo of late...

Agreed, Ronaldo was a bit of an idiot when he joined the Prem, but his class did shine through. Seeing him play recently has shown me that we did lose a class player when he finally left, as he has matured so very much more, and his game has risen to another level altogether.

Deanothefulhamfan

Its hard to distinguish really... Certain players have done great things for different reasons. Good thread though

Kompany - Simply fantastic, possibly the best Centre back in the world?
Benteke - He almost single handedly kept Villa would be in the premier league last season
Ronaldo - Arguably the best player in the world
Michu - 2 Million one of the greatest bits of business the premier league has ever seen, helped Swansea win silverware.
Van Persie - Bringing him to utd helped Ferguson retire in style, the most technichally gifted player since Bergkamp

My pick goes for Ronaldo, who looked terrible at first, but became one of the greatest players of the modern game.... They made a tidy bit of profit on him as well

Parkway Drive

Depends how recent you're asking but I'd say the best would definitely be Cristiano Ronaldo but in the last few seasons it would have to be between Yaya and Aguero.

The Equalizer

Quote from: MOR : on September 30, 2013, 07:33:31 PM

Can't argue with that, although i will add Cantona and Klinsmann to the equation for argument's sake...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rhys Lightning 63

How long as we going back when you say 'last few seasons', that's a bit vague, so I'm going to stick with signings from the turn of the decade, so January 2010 onwards and I shall go for Yaya Toure
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense