more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So... you're Martin

Started by horse1031, October 03, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Quote from: Pluto on October 03, 2013, 07:08:58 PM
If I were Martin, I would probably analyze the players' form, fitness, morale and training performances. I would then analyze the likely tactics used by Stoke City based on their previous games, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses before developing a system and strategy in order to exploit those weaknesses; combining the above factors, creating a tactical plan and selecting my line up accordingly.

079.gif

Nope  -  far too sensible, not to say revolutionary.

The Rock

Playing Richardson is a death wish. I'd rather have Amoribieta instead.

HatterDon

Quote from: Pluto on October 03, 2013, 07:08:58 PM
If I were Martin, I would probably analyze the players' form, fitness, morale and training performances. I would then analyze the likely tactics used by Stoke City based on their previous games, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses before developing a system and strategy in order to exploit those weaknesses; combining the above factors, creating a tactical plan and selecting my line up accordingly.

079.gif

for the first time ever at Fulham
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bill taylors apprentice

When people select their teams to solve our problems on topics like this and many others, I am amazed how often people select at least 3 out of 4 of berbatov, ruiz, tarrabt and bent.

IMO 2 of them is enough in a team, 3 is a luxury which could work in a confident side but is a disaster in a struggling team.

bill taylors apprentice

Assuming Parker and Dejagah are injured.
My team to do a job.

Stockdale

Riether  Hangeland  Amorea   Zvrotic

Boatang
        Kasami            Sidwell
Ruiz                                  Kaca

Bent

JackyFulham90

I think we should go for it

Stockdale
Riether Senderos Hangeland Amorebieta
                   Boateng Sidwell
Ruiz                       Berbatov             Taarabt
                               Bent

Subs - Etheridge , Richardson , Karagounis , Kasami , Dejagah , Kacaniklic , Rodallega

epsomraver

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 03, 2013, 11:56:22 PM
I think we should go for it

Stockdale
Riether Senderos Hangeland Amorebieta
                   Boateng Sidwell
Ruiz                       Berbatov             Taarabt
                               Bent

Subs - Etheridge , Richardson , Karagounis , Kasami , Dejagah , Kacaniklic , Rodallega

Yes you are right, typlcal Jol move, drop Kasami who has been one of our few good players  lately and bring in Taarabt who has managed two body swerves so far and so obvious he lost the ball both times, oh yes must have no 1 son playing as well  fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

Bassey the warrior

Same thing I've been saying for years, pressure high up the pitch, attack with one touch swift passing, lots of off the ball movement, lots of bodies in the box including Berba (who to be fair has been doing that more lately), lots of through balls for Bent, Ruiz actually getting in the final third regularly.

Would go for:

Riether Senderos Amorebieta Richardson
Kara Sidwell
Ruiz Berbatov Kasami
       Bent

Hangeland has been rubbish of late.

Riversider

Matters not a jot to me who starts in midfield or upfront , you are only as strong as your weakest link, and like it or not our weakest link is David Stockdale !
Yes he can tip a shot from 25 yards over the bar, but all other aspects of goalkeeping duties he is f*cking useless at, his handling of the ball from crosses is the worst I've ever seen from a Fulham keeper and I've been going 43 years, he is not vocal enough to ever make it as a top flight keeper and I couldn't name one other keeper in The Premier League that fails to command his area as poorly as Stockdale does, can you ?
For me Fulham are tailor made for Stoke City and they will look to get the likes of Crouch, Jones, Huth etc in to the box as often as possible as we look like conceding every time there is a cross in to our box,
So unless Stockdale has learnt how to come a claim a ball in the last seven days and Brede has learnt how to jump its my opinion that were in for another long afternoon.

SmithyFFC

Stockdale

Reither  Hangeland  Amorebieta Briggs

Boateng  Sidwell(unfortunately)

Dejagah         Ruiz        Kaca

Bent

The best we have at the moment I'm afraid, I'm sorry but anyone who believes Senderos or Berbatov should feature clearly doesnt watch football.
FTID

SmithyFFC

Quote from: The Rock on October 03, 2013, 10:01:37 PM
Playing Richardson is a death wish. I'd rather have Amoribieta instead.

Would agree, but would mean playing 'Big Phil' in the middle, give Briggs a go
FTID

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 04, 2013, 02:53:30 AM
                  Stockdale

Reither  Hangeland  Amorebieta Briggs

Boateng  Sidwell(unfortunately)

Dejagah         Ruiz        Kaca

Bent

The best we have at the moment I'm afraid, I'm sorry but anyone who believes Senderos or Berbatov should feature clearly doesnt watch football.

A half fit Boateng and Dejagah enter your team and you accuse others of lacking football knowledge. That's rich.

epsomraver

Quote from: Riversider on October 04, 2013, 01:23:36 AM
Matters not a jot to me who starts in midfield or upfront , you are only as strong as your weakest link, and like it or not our weakest link is David Stockdale !
Yes he can tip a shot from 25 yards over the bar, but all other aspects of goalkeeping duties he is f*cking useless at, his handling of the ball from crosses is the worst I've ever seen from a Fulham keeper and I've been going 43 years, he is not vocal enough to ever make it as a top flight keeper and I couldn't name one other keeper in The Premier League that fails to command his area as poorly as Stockdale does, can you ?
For me Fulham are tailor made for Stoke City and they will look to get the likes of Crouch, Jones, Huth etc in to the box as often as possible as we look like conceding every time there is a cross in to our box,
So unless Stockdale has learnt how to come a claim a ball in the last seven days and Brede has learnt how to jump its my opinion that were in for another long afternoon.

Why pick on Stockdale, there were plenty others last Saturday who made errors as well, Stockdale had a poor game  perhaps because the team captain in front of him was all over the place and there was no organisation in defence at all.

Furby

and post match interview........."They (the fans) should realise that Fulham aren't Barcelona, it's not as if we are in the Championship, we're bottom of the Premiership, it's a great league to be bottom of."

Pluto

Taraabt should be nowhere near the match squad until he gets fit- I don't even know how a PL footballer can be in such poor shape.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: horse1031 on October 03, 2013, 05:37:02 PM
Hypothetical of course :008:

Most of the fanbase is against you.  You know that you need a response this weekend!  You have to win this weekend to keep your job going forward.  One of your best players is on the sidelines and you are coming off of one of the worst performances of the season (which is saying a lot).  What do you do?  Do you go for it this weekend with an attacking formation or do you try to play for 1-0?

I would do this!

Stockers

Reither       Senderos        Hangeland       Richardson

Dejegah        Kara             Sidders          Duff

Bent            Kasami

Subs:  Ruiz, Berba, Taarabt, Amorebieta, Kaca, Etheridge

I would sit back a little bit, keep the ball and hit them on the break.  If we get up 1-0, push hard for the second and see if we can put them to bed...I think we need our wingers to defend and pick their chances to go forward.  We need high energy and closing them down so the midfielders have no time on the ball.

I would sit back a little bit, keep the ball and hit them on the break. - you mean hit them on the break with our incredibly pacy front men who won't kill the momentum of an attack and who won't take 6 touches to go round in circles before passing backwards??  Good plan.......
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

jarv

Beat me to it. Hit them on the break?? Which one of dad's army is going to do that.? :Get Coat gif:

Artful Dodger

Martin here....just wanted to say don't worry, we are working very hard on the training pitch every day but we can't seem to get it right on a Saturday. It's good to see my boy Moussa playing well, although I will miss Dempsheys goals now he has gone to Sheattle. I have tried to get Moussa back in the team on a Saturday but keep being told he can't play and I have to have Shtevie Sidwell, which is unfortunate. Don't worry though, we are in the champions league places and looking good.....what?  yes.... I go to Hotspur park for training every day.....what? we train at Motspur Park do we.....?? Oh....   :drums:
Faber est suae quisque fortunae