more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So... you're Martin

Started by horse1031, October 03, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

Hypothetical of course :008:

Most of the fanbase is against you.  You know that you need a response this weekend!  You have to win this weekend to keep your job going forward.  One of your best players is on the sidelines and you are coming off of one of the worst performances of the season (which is saying a lot).  What do you do?  Do you go for it this weekend with an attacking formation or do you try to play for 1-0?

I would do this!

Stockers

Reither       Senderos        Hangeland       Richardson

Dejegah        Kara             Sidders          Duff

Bent            Kasami

Subs:  Ruiz, Berba, Taarabt, Amorebieta, Kaca, Etheridge

I would sit back a little bit, keep the ball and hit them on the break.  If we get up 1-0, push hard for the second and see if we can put them to bed...I think we need our wingers to defend and pick their chances to go forward.  We need high energy and closing them down so the midfielders have no time on the ball.

TheManOnTheBus

Three luxury players on the bench!  Time for Boateng to get in there.

westcliff white

Me I go for

Stockers
Reither
Hangers
Amoriebieta
Richardson
Sidwell
Kasami
Ruiz
Berba
Tarrabt
Bent

Bench
Etheridge
Zvrotic
Karagounis
Kaca
Dejagah if fit (duffers if not)
Boatang
Rodders (would prefer dembele but very unlikely)

Then take the 2-1 win, walk round the ground clapping all the fans, smile in my press conference and say it's an easy game at times

Every day is a Fulham day

PaulJ123

Stockdale

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
Kara Sidwell
Ruiz Berbatov Kasami
       Bent

get Riether and Richardson attacking down the wings and really attack from the first whistle.

KP_FFC

stock
riether amore hang zverotic
dej/duff  boatang  sidwell  kaca/taarabt
                 ruiz/kasami
                    berba

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: horse1031 on October 03, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

Most of the fanbase is against you.  You know that you need a response this weekend!  You have to win this weekend to keep your job going forward.  One of your best players is on the sidelines and you are coming off of one of the worst performances of the season (which is saying a lot).  What do you do?  Do you go for it this weekend with an attacking formation or do you try to play for 1-0?

I would do this!

Stockers

Reither       Senderos        Hangeland       Richardson

Dejegah        Kara             Sidders          Duff

Bent            Kasami

Subs:  Ruiz, Berba, Taarabt, Amorebieta, Kaca, Etheridge

I would sit back a little bit, keep the ball and hit them on the break.  If we get up 1-0, push hard for the second and see if we can put them to bed...I think we need our wingers to defend and pick their chances to go forward.  We need high energy and closing them down so the midfielders have no time on the ball.

I think he will pick that team, but with Kasami instead of Deja, Ruiz instead of Duff, and either Senderos or Amorebieta alongside Hangeland. He will not want to lose. Why would he suddenly pick Deja, who probably wouldn't be fit enough anyway to start?

Brown@FFC

Doesn't matter. We will play negative, slow and deathly football. We'll go 1-0 down, and that will be the end of it. Don't expect any forward passes after the 80th minute.

Riverside

I would ask them to play the ball forward .
That does not mean it needs to be long balls just away from our own goal !

Especially from free kicks - where
1) the ball is stationary making it easier to kick ( though some of the corners last Saturday make a mockery of that statement ).  fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif
2) the opponents are not allowed to tackle you .

KP_FFC

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 03, 2013, 06:07:38 PM
Doesn't matter. We will play negative, slow and deathly football. We'll go 1-0 down, and that will be the end of it. Don't expect any forward passes after the 80th minute.
why are you always so negative
just leave

westcliff white

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 03, 2013, 05:57:56 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on October 03, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

Most of the fanbase is against you.  You know that you need a response this weekend!  You have to win this weekend to keep your job going forward.  One of your best players is on the sidelines and you are coming off of one of the worst performances of the season (which is saying a lot).  What do you do?  Do you go for it this weekend with an attacking formation or do you try to play for 1-0?

I would do this!

Stockers

Reither       Senderos        Hangeland       Richardson

Dejegah        Kara             Sidders          Duff

Bent            Kasami

Subs:  Ruiz, Berba, Taarabt, Amorebieta, Kaca, Etheridge

I would sit back a little bit, keep the ball and hit them on the break.  If we get up 1-0, push hard for the second and see if we can put them to bed...I think we need our wingers to defend and pick their chances to go forward.  We need high energy and closing them down so the midfielders have no time on the ball.

I think he will pick that team, but with Kasami instead of Deja, Ruiz instead of Duff, and either Senderos or Amorebieta alongside Hangeland. He will not want to lose. Why would he suddenly pick Deja, who probably wouldn't be fit enough anyway to start?

So not that team at all the lol
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Quote from: KP_FFC on October 03, 2013, 06:09:41 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 03, 2013, 06:07:38 PM
why are you always so negative
just leave

Why should he leave? his opinion is as valid as the next mans, I agree with him, I cannot see any massive change Saturday as Jol does not know how to

Guinness Haze

I am Martin

"Passion and tempo.....don't let them settle....bury them in first 20 mins"
"Go on boys, get out there and stuff 'em"
"Have a good game Berba, and remember you are my favourite"

*strides across to dugout, sits down, closes eyes and prays*

Berserker

You forgot the head in hands part ;-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TootingKhanmun

Even if he does respond, and we have a good season up until January, I can see him doing the off's using us fans as an excuse. We won't win either way, mark my words.

Guinness Haze

Quote from: Berserker on October 03, 2013, 06:31:58 PM
You forgot the head in hands part ;-)

I'm saving that for Plan B.

The Bronsons

If I were Martin I like to think I'd go to the owner and offer my resignation rather than wait for the inevitable.

But he'll stick around because "he's not a quitter" (code for "I want my pay-out"). He'll switch people around, play a couple out of position, hope for a lucky goal, and tell Berbatov he's wonderful and that we can't seriously expect to beat Stoke at home because winning games is difficult. 

Brown@FFC

Quote from: The Bronsons on October 03, 2013, 06:58:51 PM
If I were Martin I like to think I'd go to the owner and offer my resignation rather than wait for the inevitable.

But he'll stick around because "he's not a quitter" (code for "I want my pay-out"). He'll switch people around, play a couple out of position, hope for a lucky goal, and tell Berbatov he's wonderful and that we can't seriously expect to beat Stoke at home because winning games is difficult. 

Perfect description.

Pluto

If I were Martin, I would probably analyze the players' form, fitness, morale and training performances. I would then analyze the likely tactics used by Stoke City based on their previous games, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses before developing a system and strategy in order to exploit those weaknesses; combining the above factors, creating a tactical plan and selecting my line up accordingly.

079.gif

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I am Martin, I am a great manager I only came here because my London desres needed an airing. I got rid of that moaning Zamora, the mouthy Murphy and still they are not happy.
Only me.......... ME  could have persuaded the most talented player  in Europe to come here. They  will not give me any money, so what do they expect.  ?????
I wish I was at Tottenham, I loved  Tottenham I loved them and they loved me , 6 years ago I got them to the bottom on the table too,  BUT that was not my fault either.

Forever Fulham

He will tell them to attack early and often.  He can't afford sit back at the 80th minute if the game is then tied or Fulham is down.  His job is on the line, and he knows it.  The players also know what is at stake.  The team has more talent, on paper, than Stoke has.  We'll see who's come to play in the first 15 minutes.  Get behind them, especially if Stoke gets a lucky early goal.