watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ferguson on Berbatov

Started by Jack Fulham, October 23, 2013, 06:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Everything this man has done, he's done for himself. His criticism of so many of his former players says a lot more about him than it does about them.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Jeezzz ................It's not like he needs the money.................
I  don't know how that happened but Fergie has given the high (higher)  moral ground to the son of Cork's Sterling Moss  064.gif 064.gif

Count Berbatov

Fergie has always only cared about his team. Disposed of players ruthlessly. That's what made him one of the greatest managers ever.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MasterHaynes

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 24, 2013, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 24, 2013, 05:23:26 AM
"Keep calm and pass me the ball" is arguably the most arrogant thing I have seen a footballer do, so this quote about him lacking self assurance really surprises me

Am I the only one who thinks it was more of a joke and that he was put up to it by his team mates? I don't really buy into Berba doing the t-shirt thing on his own
I'm with you, I thought he did it to bring a bit of levity to the occasion and ease the pressure on the team, he was smiling and jogging when he did it not planting his feet and standing in a Cantona pose which would have been arrogant

farfouille

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 25, 2013, 11:13:55 AM
Quote from: simplyfulham on October 24, 2013, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 24, 2013, 05:23:26 AM
"Keep calm and pass me the ball" is arguably the most arrogant thing I have seen a footballer do, so this quote about him lacking self assurance really surprises me

Am I the only one who thinks it was more of a joke and that he was put up to it by his team mates? I don't really buy into Berba doing the t-shirt thing on his own
I'm with you, I thought he did it to bring a bit of levity to the occasion and ease the pressure on the team, he was smiling and jogging when he did it not planting his feet and standing in a Cantona pose which would have been arrogant

OK, I am not crazy. I thought I was the only one reading his body language like that.
And I think he rarely gives interviews because he's an introvert and rather shy than arrogant or prima donish.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

HatterDon

I always laugh when I read that Ferguson is overrated, that his success was only down to money, and that anyone could do what he did given his personnel.

The man is easily the finest manager in the history of the game.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Yes, his record speaks for itself, especially, what, the 98-99 season?  But if he's going to take shots at current Fulham players, he can take a long walk off a short pier.  Berbatov plays in a different era, today.  When hoofing fast here to there wasn't near as important as the quality of play you possess.  A walker?  Hardly.  Few can play the way he does and have achieved such results.  In any event, I think the last game showed Berbatov further adapting his game to better complement his teammates.  Agree?

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on October 25, 2013, 05:07:07 PM
I always laugh when I read that Ferguson is overrated, that his success was only down to money, and that anyone could do what he did given his personnel.

The man is easily the finest manager in the history of the game.
According to his book, on average he only spent £5 million per season.

Or maybe it was net spend, but the Ronaldo transfer would taint that stat quite a lot so I think it's just money spent.