watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ferguson on Berbatov

Started by Jack Fulham, October 23, 2013, 06:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Quote from his book: 'surprisingly lacking in self-assurance' and 'inclined to walk, you couldn't do that at our place'

callumc513

Didn't Jol say something similar about Berbatov lacking self-assurance? And that his first concern when he came to Fulham was whether us fans would like him?

horse1031

so he is insecure?  probably why he needs his ego stroked by Jol all the time.  Berba truly is an enigma and he would be hard to manage.

Fulham_Surrey

wow, Berba got off lightly.  Look at everybody else mentioned in the book.

St Eve

Interesting but didn't Ferguson pay a boat load of money for him! And lose a boat load!

EJL

Even if it reads like a Biff and Chip book, I can't wait to get through Fergie's autobiography. Should arrive from amazon tomorrow!

Count Berbatov

Can't wait to get my hands on it myself. And yes, Berbatov has always said that about himself. He was never arrogant in his abilities and he knows he doesn't have it all. Some might say, that's lack of confidence. I can see that... But yeah, he did walk and that's the frustrating thing about him. If he had Keane in the dressing room at United, he wouldn't have lasted for too long.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Deanothefulhamfan

"Keep calm and pass me the ball" is arguably the most arrogant thing I have seen a footballer do, so this quote about him lacking self assurance really surprises me

Forever Fulham

Ferguson isn't omniscient.  And he isn't right about everything of which he has an opinion.  How many Champions League titles did he win?   He had a monster player budget for years.  He seemed to have officials intimidated and the press in his pocket.   Was he a great manager?  His record says so.  Did he ever really know Berbatov?  I doubt it.  Players like Berbatov are riddles, enigmatic, special.   And then one day they are gone.  And we are the poorer for it.  Shut up, Ferguson.   

leonffc

I cant believe people want to read the bloke's book. He was blinkered in every opinion he had so I can't see that his book will be any different, just more words for his moron disciples to hang off.
As for him saying that Berba walks about too much, wasn't his brother Martin the top scout there? I would have thought he might have noticed that!!

The great Danny Murphy was saying on the radio the other day that football biographies / autobiographies aren't really worth reading as they never tell the whole truth, theres always something missing, a bit of truth bent.

Berserker

I always say just because somebody thinks something, believes it, says it is true, doesn't mean it is. It is just somebody's opinion. Unless something can be shown with cold hard proof something needn't be true.

Anyway you don't have to read Fergies book to know what's in it, bits keep being quoted in every other part of the media, you can't get away from it. I feel sorry for David Moyes a bit, but i suppose he considered what he was taking on before he accepted the money.
Roy Keanes right about Fergie being disloyal, he would have gone down better in history if he had been more diplomatic about players. I suppose that's not his way though.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

Very strange thing for Ferguson to do. Cannot imagine Roy or Wenger turning on their ex players. Too much class.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Berserker on October 24, 2013, 07:41:25 AM
Roy Keanes right about Fergie being disloyal, he would have gone down better in history if he had been more diplomatic about players. I suppose that's not his way though.

The same Roy Keane who had to leave OT because of an interview he did slating practically every player in the United squad at the time?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 24, 2013, 05:23:26 AM
"Keep calm and pass me the ball" is arguably the most arrogant thing I have seen a footballer do, so this quote about him lacking self assurance really surprises me

Sorry, Zlatan and Mario B have set a much higher bar for arrogance than that. I'm sure I could add more names.

Personally, I thought the tshirt was a bit arrogant, but also a bit of an attempt to add some levity to our situation at the time.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

YankeeJim

From what I've been able to decipher from reading various things about his book is that he has perhaps a larger ego than Becks.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

simplyfulham

Am I the only one who thinks it was more of a joke and that he was put up to it by his team mates? I don't really buy into Berba doing the t-shirt thing on his own

simplyfulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 24, 2013, 06:24:35 PM
From what I've been able to decipher from reading various things about his book is that he has perhaps a larger ego than Becks.

I would be very wary about basing your opinion on a book from other people who have "read" the book. A lot of that going on at the moment.

A lot of rubbish being written about Fergie and his book and things that are supposedly in the book - which are not even in the book.

RidgeRider

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 24, 2013, 04:10:07 PM

Personally, I thought the tshirt was a bit arrogant, but also a bit of an attempt to add some levity to our situation at the time.

This is how I felt too. I don't really feel Berbatov is arrogant. He has high standards, but not arrogant.

YankeeJim

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 24, 2013, 08:06:42 PM

I would be very wary about basing your opinion on a book from other people who have "read" the book. A lot of that going on at the moment.

A lot of rubbish being written about Fergie and his book and things that are supposedly in the book - which are not even in the book.

Perhaps I should have said preliminary opinion. It was just a thought likely brought on by my intense dislike for all things red nose. I could win the league title if I had his budget. I'd just buy every good player I could find and hire the best available coach. Oh, and whine & cry a lot.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

simplyfulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 24, 2013, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on October 24, 2013, 08:06:42 PM

Perhaps I should have said preliminary opinion. It was just a thought likely brought on by my intense dislike for all things red nose. I could win the league title if I had his budget. I'd just buy every good player I could find and hire the best available coach. Oh, and whine & cry a lot.

Winning a European cup in a final against Real Madrid with unfancied Aberdeen would be a more difficult feat to repeat though.   9739.gif