News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would happen to Berbatov if Jol went?

Started by Jimpav, October 31, 2013, 02:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Obviously this is a big IF but if Jol did go, what would happen to Berbatov?

Do you think he would play every game or do you think a new manager would be less sycophantic and drop him?

Surely out tactics would change but would they still be centred around Berbatov.

Alternatively would he be sold or indeed try and leave - following Jol to the continent or elsewhere?

Just wondering because Berbatov seems to rule the roost and Jol in particular. Pretty disgusting that he didn't even travel on Monday. He should have been there to support the team - playing or not. He clearly picks and chooses his matches and has a big sway over Jol.

MJG

A new manager would know what a good player he is and still make him the main point of attack...BUT if he did not do his job he would be subbed and other options used. Then Berba would be off in January and we would get a mill or two for him.

horse1031

I think this is the reason why Fulham has struggled in the past 20 games.  Berbatov was brought in and the honeymoon period for him has worn off and he is a hard player to manage.  Throw another personality like Taarabt in there and now we have 2 of the most sublimely talented but worst attitude players in the whole league.  Keeping them happy for a whole season is almost impossible and this affects the rest of the team.

Bassey the warrior

That really depends on who comes in. He could still be a huge asset if used correctly and managed correctly but if someone like O'Neill came in he'd be no more effective and probably end up asking for a transfer.

Riverside

He would be gone in the next transfer window .

jms

Quote from: Jimpav on October 31, 2013, 02:41:07 PM

Do you think he would play every game or do you think a new manager would be less sycophantic and drop him?

Surely out tactics would change but would they still be centred around Berbatov.

Alternatively would he be sold or indeed try and leave - following Jol to the continent or elsewhere?

Just wondering because Berbatov seems to rule the roost and Jol in particular. Pretty disgusting that he didn't even travel on Monday. He should have been there to support the team - playing or not. He clearly picks and chooses his matches and has a big sway over Jol.
Combination of two of the biggest egos to ever step inside our beloved Cottage.....j and b are ruining our club. Let him rot in the reserves when Jol goes. Berbatov doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself...... and I'm not usually the vindictive kind, but I'm steaming about all this at the moment, and wont give a penny more to the club untll they are both on their bikes and cycling out of Bishops Park and over Putney Bridge. Amen

BedsFFC

I'm not saying we should boo Berbatov at all. I hate booing. I find it a very odd concept and feel very strange when I am near people that boo. It's just an odd thing for a human to do I think.

Anyway, my feelings aside, I am intrigued as to how Berbatov would react if he got booed on the pitch.

Can you imagine the strop? He probably would stop walking completely.

For the record, I think he is a great player. Just not being managed properly, especially the tactics.

TonyGilroy

Furby

Worse than that I'm afraid. Berbatov gets chauffeured to the airport after Saturdays games to go home to Bulgaria and returns on a Wednesday. I know this for a fact.   

ToodlesMcToot

Well, in response to the original ?, if he's still too busy to mark anyone on set pieces, he can hitch a ride with Jol for all I care.

At the moment, his last name might as well be McToot. He's been just as much use on the field recently.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MikeCdawg

Quote from: Furby on October 31, 2013, 04:35:27 PM

Worse than that I'm afraid. Berbatov gets chauffeured to the airport after Saturdays games to go home to Bulgaria and returns on a Wednesday. I know this for a fact.   

Is this a wind up?

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Furby

No straight up. 100% legit. Yes he has a home in London, but he goes back to Bulgaria after Saturdays games.

valdeingruo

I think it would depend on who came in as stated above. He is out of contract after this season anyways, so he would either work his socks off for a new contract under the new gaffer, or not give a toss and head to CSKA Sofia for his twilight days.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Max Headroom

Get them out. I no longer look forward to match days.....

epsomraver

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 31, 2013, 08:08:59 PM
Get them out. I no longer look forward to match days.....

You and a lot of others

Fulham_Surrey

Man, Berba can still play, but seems he is deciding not to play. If this continues, ship him off.

Holders

I seriously wonder if he has it written into his contract that he has to play league games. For all his talent he's become a liability.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Deanothefulhamfan

I think he is off in January, but I think he can still do a job for us in that time under the correct management / tactics until he does leave.

That being said I wouldnt mind seeing a whole new line up with Berbatov starting on the bench along with several others.

alfie

I think you will find that those players not selected for the squad at an away match do not travel, i think you will find that is the norm at most clubs.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't