News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mackintosh needs specsavers if he cant see it now!

Started by premFlem, November 10, 2013, 11:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I think that Ali Mac has something to act on now Almost 1/3 of the games played and only 10 points on the board when a minimum of 40 is required. In this league this is a tough remit. I know that it is possible to avoid the drop on paper but as I've said before games aren't played on paper. Jol needs to go now. Paying him off is back pocket small change.

TonyGilroy

Of course Jol needs to go now but we don't understand the mechanisms at work within the club.

Under MAF the decision we know would have been his. We don't know what authority Mackintosh has and what he's saying to Khan but my assumption is that the decision rests with Khan.

It's not impossible that he sees wins against Stoke and Palace and defeats against top four clubs and shrugs his shoulders.

Personally I have no doubt that we're relegated spinelessly unless there's a very quick change of manager but does Khan see it that way from thousands of miles away?

premFlem

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 11, 2013, 07:47:12 AM

Of course Jol needs to go now but we don't understand the mechanisms at work within the club.

Under MAF the decision we know would have been his. We don't know what authority Mackintosh has and what he's saying to Khan but my assumption is that the decision rests with Khan.

It's not impossible that he sees wins against Stoke and Palace and defeats against top four clubs and shrugs his shoulders.

Personally I have no doubt that we're relegated spinelessly unless there's a very quick change of manager but does Khan see it that way from thousands of miles away?
I would presume that Mackintosh has
the power to instigate a board
meeting on the matter, the board
decides then the final decision is
with Khan. On the subject of losing
to Top four clubs you dont get into
the bottom three at this stage by just
losing to thoose sides.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

TonyGilroy

I don't presume that Mackintosh has any power as such. In football the owner is the boss not his appointed representatives.

We none of us know what if anything Mackintosh is saying to Khan or how involved Khan is willing to be.

We may be about to see decisive action - God knows it's needed - but if we don't the fault is Khan's.

BedsFFC

As ultimately scintillating as that win against palace was at the time, it couldn't have been worse. Big ffc contingent, khan sat near them, lots singing Jol's name. Sacking Jol probably seemed a million miles away at that point.

I'm make it 37 points in last 38 games. We are going down unless something changes. Not just that. We will go down with an absolute whimper.

Hodgson and Lew could turn this around on a part time basis. The club absolutely stinks right now.

premFlem

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 11, 2013, 09:02:29 AM

I don't presume that Mackintosh has any power as such. In football the owner is the boss not his appointed representatives.

We none of us know what if anything Mackintosh is saying to Khan or how involved Khan is willing to be.

We may be about to see decisive action - God knows it's needed - but if we don't the fault is Khan's.
So you believe that Mr Khan with no knowledge of football as we know it would not give his ceo Mr Mackintosh and the board of directors the power to fire and hire a manager .....come on

TonyGilroy

Quote from: premFlem on November 11, 2013, 10:54:52 AM

So you believe that Mr Khan with no knowledge of football as we know it would not give his ceo Mr Mackintosh and the board of directors the power to fire and hire a manager .....come on

I'm certain of it and I wouldn't assume that Khan knows nothing about football or, at least, believes himself to be ignorant.

Has Mackintosh's job changed with the change of ownership?

I suspect not and there's therefore a vacuum. MAF would have sacked Jol by now - he wouldn't have delegated that power or decision.

JBH

Quote from: nose on November 10, 2013, 06:21:10 PM
macKintosh is badly at fault for this mess.
we have the wrong ceo
the wrong manager and unless the ceo gets rid of the manager we should be rid of both of them. that is just the way it is.

Sorry but wasn't he involved in bringing Woy??

premFlem

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 11, 2013, 11:02:51 AM
Quote from: premFlem on November 11, 2013, 10:54:52 AM

I'm certain of it and I wouldn't assume that Khan knows nothing about football or, at least, believes himself to be ignorant.

Has Mackintosh's job changed with the change of ownership?

I suspect not and there's therefore a vacuum. MAF would have sacked Jol by now - he wouldn't have delegated that power or decision.
so mr khan loves his footie takes full control and hasn't allowed his ceo and  board of directors to have any say in our clubs affairs......Phew! thats a relief...!!!

TonyGilroy

Do you really believe that the Chelsea CEO runs Chelsea or might it be Abramovich?

Ditto every other Premier League club. At West Ham do you think Gold and Sullivan delegate big decisions. Did Sunderland's CEO sack DiCanio or was it the American owner?

We don't know how knowledgeable Khan is or what sort of owner he'll turn out to be. We're about to find out.

premFlem

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 11, 2013, 12:55:02 PM

Do you really believe that the Chelsea CEO runs Chelsea or might it be Abramovich?

Ditto every other Premier League club. At West Ham do you think Gold and Sullivan delegate big decisions. Did Sunderland's CEO sack DiCanio or was it the American owner?

We don't know how knowledgeable Khan is or what sort of owner he'll turn out to be. We're about to find out.
Tony my take on this is Khan brought Fulham purely as an investment and unlike the examples you give such as chelsea which really is a richmans plaything or west hams and even Mafs labours of love , its just investment which includes clever extra publicity for his other investment the Jacksonville Jags I believe he has no real interest in soccer. As an investment MAF would have told the potential purchaser that the ceo and board of directors were all good men and true and could be relied upon to make tough decisions if necessary and as a non savvy potential purchaser Khan would of thought yes thankyou very much. Having said that I believe rightly or wrongly the Mackintosh and the board have been left too pull the strings believing this to be true the title of the post implies I think they are relying to much on Jol to come good which I personally believe  wont happen. Tony were going to have to beg to differ on this one.

TonyGilroy

And of course neither of us knows but if he's not careful his investment is going to look none too clever.

jarv

Tony,
The investment, that's the bit I don't get. If you pay vast sums for any business (as Khan did) why would you not be actively involved daily and want to know what is going wrong. Khan must know, if we get relegated, (which will surely happen if Jol stays), his investment will be worth diddly. What business man does that, but due to any statement or information forthcoming (except silly comments from Jol) we can only assume what is going on.Anyway, I fly in next week and will be at the Swansea game. Remember, I have NEVER seen Fulham lose in about 20 years when I attend. fp.gif

FFC1987

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 11, 2013, 03:26:54 PM
How much is the land on the Thames worth again?

Thought to be about £30M 10 years ago.

Whatever else Khan hasn't bought us for the land value.

FFC1987

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 11, 2013, 04:54:35 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 11, 2013, 03:26:54 PM
How much is the land on the Thames worth again?

Thought to be about £30M 10 years ago.

Whatever else Khan hasn't bought us for the land value.

Affects the sale of the club though which seems overlooked by most journalists.